Does Generations have to be just G1 Classics only?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Aug 15, 2010.

1. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this and darkwing /dreadwind, they were some of my favorite figs growing up

2. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Well-Known Member

I'd snap up a redone Transmetal Megatron in heartbeat. A shiny, rollerblading T-rex with a jetpack? With a side of articulation, hold the GPS this time? Yes please!

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I would like a redone Depth Charge without the pizza shooter gimmick so that he doesn't take up as much space as the first figure.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    While non-G1 characters would be welcome, I'm not entirely convinced that Hasbro would delve into that too much since a lot of the later lines, ie RID, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron are perhaps still too recent.

They've dabbled in Beast Wars and one Armada thus far and maybe those were to test the market and see how well they'd be received. But clearly it's the G1 characters that gain the most interest.

Maybe somewhere in the far future the would revisit characters from the later series with new molds but as of right now it would just seem like it's too soon.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Good call... Depth Charge is awesome, but he is a ridiculous space-hog. Same with the Armada Seekers (to a lesser extent)

6. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    isnt there suppose to be a rhinox coming? i would love for some more bw crossovers into genrerations/classics/univese, wait what the hell series is this again?

7. dq9

dq9 Autobot Secret Weapon

I love the reissues of G1 characters. I would love to see toys from the War Within comic. Yeah the Titanium line got a couple of them, but I'm not a fan of those toys. I would also love to see an update to some G2 toys such as Megatron and Laser Optimus Prime. I would also love to see a retail WFC Omega Supreme.

8. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to get a new Jetstorm (one whose robot mode actually looks like that character), so on the however slight chance that that could happen, I totally support some non-G1 Generations toys.

9. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I second the motion for a new TM Megatron figure. Add in a few new gimmicks, perhaps, and you've got an toy that rivals Ejector in his crazy-awesomeness.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

TM Megatron with a pop open chest to reveal his spark and his tail weapon comes with the golden disc, which is can clamp onto.

11. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Id love to get updates to some of the Beast Wars/Machines crew. Rattrap, Blackarachnia, Depth Charge, Waspinator, Silverbolt and Terrorsaur would be bought on sight. But outside of BW/M I don't think I need to have updated forms of the A/E/C or RID crew.

12. Kranix

Kranix Banned

if its got a nice tranformation and a cool looking and poseable robot mode, ill buy it. though i do prefer my G! figures, im not exclusive to them.

13. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I hope they stick to G1. We need a better a Devastator. I have no love for G2 or beast wars/machine

14. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Until I get decent representations of all the g1 characters that I want I won't stop complaining that I don't have them (and some of the characters released so far aren't good enough imo ie classics hot rod), but I have no problem with getting characters from other series. I freaking need a new Rattrap, terrorsaur, an plenty of other characters in dire need of new figures.

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Outside of Armada I agree with this.

I'm not against BW updates. A new Voyager-sized Rhinox would be awesome. I'd be all over that. But There's no need to update anything in RiD. The Car Brothers are still some of the most articulated and well-engineered TFs ever released (IMO anyway) so I don't really think they need to revisit them. Whie it's doesn't HAVE to be done, it's nice having G1 characters updated for those of us who want toys of them with modern engineering.

16. Mathius Maximus

Mathius Maximus Well-Known Member

Here's an idea. Why don't they actually FINISH a line, instead of giving us yet another star scream, megatron, optimus prime, and bumblebee figure? Oh and the obligatory Superion and Bruticus redux. Am I the only one expecting to see a movieverse galvatron and ultra magnus? It's about that time.

Mathius

17. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

The further along we go the more (positive) nostalgia there will be for BW, RiD and the Unicron trilogy. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more figure homaging characters from the non-G1 universes in Generations or Classics 4.0. However, I think the premise of this thread is mostly ridiculous considering that 1. WFC characters are not G1 and 2. Universe established that "classics" weren't all about G1.

Short answer: No.

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Plus, we're already -getting- a Side Burn homage from the Club in the form of a recolored Rodimus (ironically, less articulate than the original Side Burn!)

And you're actually right about Armada, but I can't see most people going crazy for new Armada toys. On the other hand, I'd love a more articulate Armada Megatron. He had a cool design, but a brick toy.

19. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd love to see the current Generations line continue to give us G1 based characters, but I also want the line to explore updates of Beast Wars characters. I think it would be a lot of fun to see an updated Rattrap for example.

20. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind if they add other lines to Generations, as long as we still get g1 style figures it's all good.