Does Blackout/Grindor deserve Leader???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Metallitron, Jun 15, 2009.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

it's not a case of if he deserves it, it's more of a case of who deserves it more

2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Credibility lost.

Grindout does not deserve a leader, and neither does Lugnut. He's not important or appealing to the target audience. Brawl was at least a "COOL" enough looking design for the kids to buy into.

However; Leader class The Fallen sounds like a plausible/decent/so-crazy-it-might-work alternative. Seeing as how, y'know, he's actually important.

3. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd buy a leader blackout in a heartbeat.

4. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    Yes will I buy Jetfire, Well sure, being as how I know that will be the best representation of him that may ever exist.

And also yes Brawl was a good choice for the Last leader in TF1..

But if he had a render in ROTF, then they could bring his "mold" back into production with new colors,name, and head. $$$

Same could be said for a Blackout/Grindor...If these are the general renders that we may see again in TF3...then I would buy it for sure, and hasbro could make their $$ back. The Fallen would be a GREAT Leader...but unlike Grindout, He has a unique mold that Hasbro Probably cant re-use vs. Grindout...make as many Helicopter decepticons as you want Hasbro, You already invested for this character render to be in 2 Tf films...wouldnt be surprized if this characters render was in the 3rd TF. And no, Lugnut, I dont believe should be a leader, as awesome as he is.;) 

Now I love buying as many TF as possible, but ALOT of the toys and characters are not in the movie. And these bad boys are suppose to be the biggest Deceps ever!! I know the genius' at Hasbro can make a sick "masterpiece", especially after seeing Leader Prime!!! He far succeeds his pretacessor in so many ways;) 

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i don't even really LIKE leader class figures though! :lol 

all loaded with useless electronics and what not.

other then optimus prime and megatrons, i just do not like them, that much.

so would i buy one? MAYBE if it looks alright. and if it is not nearly as a pain in the ass to transform as brawl is. making me like the deluxe ones FAR more.

but it would be on the bottom of my list to buy.

how ever leader starscream might be on the top. :)  since he is so small compared to megatron lol

6. TheFallenrisen

TheFallenrisen New Member

If we can't have a Leader class Blackout, I would really love to have a Leader class The Fallen

7. Metallitron

News Credits:
    Yes!! In fact I wish there were more Leaders without mis-colored/electronics
    that were more affordable for everyone. I figure if they can make 9 diff. versions of Bumblebee all sorts of sizes, then they can make a decent version of these guys

he was the first Transformation any of us saw and his design kicks a$$ and lets face it...he's a bada$$, he f*ckx $h*t up!!;) 

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Two words.. "Pshhhh, shyea"

9. Necare

Necare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no

10. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yes, Blackout is big and destructive and needs to be reflected in his toy.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    nice and easy-movie 3, have another one. call him Vortex, and make him important. BAM Leader, with 3 possible uses-Vortex, Grindor, and Blackout

12. Metallitron

News Credits:
    This...Genius!

13. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

In the original movie line: yes. The third leader-class figure should have been Blackout, not Brawl. I'd have switched Blackout and Brawl entirely: leader-class Blackout with Skorponok, deluxe-class Blackout with no Skorponok, and voyager-class Brawl. Repaint as necessary.

In the RotF line: no. Save the leader-class figures for characters that matter. In the first movie, Blackout mattered. In RotF, I don't think he does.

14. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    *Safety spoiler, though everyone knows by now*

I'd rather see The Fallen get a leader class figure to match the ginormous Prime Fire Combo. I wouldn't mind Blackout getting one, but I don't think a helicopter would work so well. As someone earlier said, I think the blades would be criminally short. That being said, I really wish Grindout had a more decent figure in general. The first movie Blackout was probably my least favorite voyager class figure. It was a shame for such an awesome character.

15. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Make a leader and call it Vortex so it can fit into the movieverse combiner plan.

16. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nope

17. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

Tho i never got him originaly, a leader class would look amazing.

18. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

As far as having actual play value Blackout/Grindor seems to offer the most of all the Decepticons. He's a helicopter, so automatically you have the rotor spinning gimmick. Deluxe Scorponok's drills could be added onto that like with the Voyager. Electronics and missiles obviously. He's a cargo helicopter so if they can make him large enough he might be able to carry other Decepticons in car mode like Barricade or Sideways. He might even be big enough to have a cockpit and a little Mustache Man figure.

Unfortunately the way Hasbro decides these things is based on the visibility of the character rather than the potential of the toy, so it's not likely.

19. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Does he deserve one?

Probably not.

Would it be awesome if he got one?

HELLS YEAH.

Is he gonna get one?

All signs point to no.

20. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it does break my heart to place my Blackout next to my TFU Blades on the shelf- it is so unreal and out of scale.
    i'd rather spend 50 on an electronics/gimmick free blackout than on the current ROTF leaders