Does anyone want female Transformers as cars again?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sideways77, Sep 27, 2012.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Not really feeling the need for more femmes...but I did like Override, from TF Cybertron. She was fast, a leader and didn't back down from a fight. :D 

Nice v-mode too. :thumb 

[​IMG]

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    If they are gonna have female characterizations, I think that they shouldn't conform to terran concepts of female. Rather, they shouldn't conform to HUMAN concepts of female or male. At all. And yeah, that means altmodes are fair game. I want one that turns into a gun, honestly. Retcon Diaclone black Megs as a woman.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I want a Generations Arcee that has a car as an alt mode. Besides that, I couldn't care less.

4. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

yes please.

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Yeah but.....there's just so much character in a steam locomotive compared to their electric of diesel counterparts

A bike is fast, cool and if I was a cynic it would also be because a bike is svelte and translates well to feminine design cues.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Override almost doesn't count, since she was never originally intended (nor written) to be a female character. However, that also makes her one of the best Fembots ever. Huh. Go figure.

They're also physically smaller and men ride them. Don't be so quick to discount your cynicism... it's usually right. ;) 

zmog

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *just going to say it I dug Nitro Convoy more then Override* hides from the flames

I agree with the OP but I figure a bike is just easy the fuel tank helps with the female shape without going down the robo boobs road many fan artists fall into.

Chromia/Thunder blast while a total shell former for a boat their really is not much else that could be done.

8. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Yeah, and while sexy diesel and electric engines aren't common, the fact is that they work better because there's more to work with.

Though perhaps using a GG1 or a Croc would work. Though for a name...

Tell you what guys, if I go official, I'll see if I can do a female Train Transformer with a decent name.

And that's the problem; you can do cars and make it feminine (I want to see Chromia as a Pontiac GTO from the 60s) without the car looking feminine. This is why Arcee is a Harley-Davidson in my fan 'verse; that is not a feminine bike. But for a survivalist SpecOps soldier, it fits.

Now, Road Rage and Roulette as a 'vette and a viper work, since both are shown to be using that mobility and speed.

9. Dinobot Scythe

Dinobot Scythe Well-Known Member

I'd like fembots with all kinds of alts, as long as they look female.

10. WidowMaker91

WidowMaker91 Well-Known Member

Give her a Russian or German accent while you're at it.

11. WidowMaker91

WidowMaker91 Well-Known Member

Funny thing Override was originally a guy which is why she's barrell chested compared to Arcee or *shudders*Thunderblast.

12. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I think they should be any vehicle. I would like to see a commando army vehicle female transformer with a ripley personality.

13. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I wouldn't mind a female Transformer car, but I like motorcycles more. Bikes are like my favorite type of girl, slim and cool.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Or they could just have bodies that aren't stupidly over-feminized, so the mold could still be used for a male character later. Part of this subject for me is the fact that Fembots always need to look the same, and have a MUCH HIGHER degree of anthropomorphism than their "male" counterparts. All those "sleek, round forms", the general lack of vehicle kibble, the tiny little tube-arms, curvy thighs and dainty feet... super-lame.

I think there are tons of more "traditional" Transformers designs that would be suitable as fembots due to subtle cues in the design. Why not, after all?

Damn, I just completely forgot about her helicopter mode entirely. :dunce 

Wouldn't that be a Honda bike instead? ;) 

Harley is a horrible special ops bike. They'd hear her coming 17 miles away. :lol 

Both of those toys work pretty well. The car modes, despite being semi-muscle cars, do have something "feminine" in their designs. The Corvette Stingray always felt like that to me.

Boats are hard, but I think shell-forming is pretty much just giving up entirely. Especially in Thunderblast's case.

I remember you designed a fembot bike several years ago, where the handlebars ended up looking like Pippi Longstocking pigtails. That one I really liked, despite the high degree of anthropomorphism in the forms. However, it was more clever and original than 99% of Fembot designs, so it was a winner for me. :thumb 

Boo.

zmog

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I picture my Arcee having a simmilar transformation scheme to the Prime Vehicon figure.

16. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    more femmes of any shape and size with any alt mode!

17. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Princess bullshit?

Smokestack
    Overpass
    Stoker
    Railroarder

A sample of ideas off the top of my head :) 

1) Stop having better ideas than me that I like :p  and 2) I'd pay for a pair TF's that were based on Ripley and Vasquez that turned into the 'Aliens' APC and Dropship, respectively.