Does anyone think that The Fallen will be a side character

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TfAnimatedfan, May 29, 2009.

1. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    I'm kind of afraid that The Fallen will have more of a silent, off to the side type role. My only reason to think so is that The Fallen is only geting a voyager toy. You'd think that if he was a huge part of the movie Hasbo would make a leader class so they could make more money off of him. Just a thought, feel free to completly prove me wrong and laugh in my face.

2. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I think the Fallen will have as much screen time as Megatron did in the first film...... Unfortunately

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah he'll be a TF1 Movie Megs except for TF2.

But I'm glad his toy is a VOYAGER actualy, electronics wouldn't allow him to have his slim proportions.

4. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    I'm not trying to bash the voyager toy I'm just thinking that Hasbro would rather try to sell you a gimmick laden $50 toy than a slim $20 toy.

5. cnic

cnic Decepticon

You know what makes it hard for me to collect the toys? I have 3 girls and I am 33 years old.... So when I go into ,say Wal-Mart, I get stared at pretty hard lol!!!!

6. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Im pretty sure the fallen will interact with megatron though some dreaming state of sanguinity, similiar to the dreamwave comics. i think the same thing will happen with sam. Basically the whole movie will be about fearing the Fallen, some powerful being bent on destroying the world who will onlyshow up in the last 30 mins of the film.

7. Bat Trap

Bat Trap Makes the Pie Higher

I do think The Fallen will have a more background role, kind of as the puppet master of the decepticons. But I think he will feature fairly prominently into the film. In the prequel comic you find out that The Fallen doesn't have the ability to transform. That could be why he didn't get a Leader class.

8. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    If he is like a Sauron, I wouldn't mind at all.

9. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

He will come to earth in dramatic way im guessing. land kill Heaps of soliders with his mind teleport around rip up a few autobots fight prime and die.

Megs and whoever else is alive retreat back to mars. Maybe the activation of the sun harvester atracts unicron to earth for the 3rd movie

10. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I think they'll build up to his appearance, kind of like Megs in TF1 or the shark in Jaws.

11. omegasupreme123

omegasupreme123 Well-Known Member

yeah i think it will be like star wars with darth vador as megs and darth sidious(the emperor) as the fallen

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's possible.

Sometimes Bob and Alex have very dynamic villains who play a big part in the story and other times their villains are almost supporting cast so you can never really be sure about their villains until you've seen the movie or the show they are working on.

The director, well he just doesn't seem to quite grasp what a great villain brings to a movie.

Plus look at some of the Decepticons from the first film so the track record so far doesn't point toward those villains that still a film like Darth Vader or Doc Ock.

Could go either way because some villains don't need a lot of time to feel like they dominated much of the picture while other villains don't seem to cut it no matter how much screen time they get.

13. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

yes, this.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The Fallen is a Transformer. All Transformers are side characters in these movies. Humans are the stars. Humans and explosions. So yes, he will be little more than a side character. Mojo will have a bigger role in the film than him.

Ants nest poked. Now I wait to be bitten. :p 

On a slightly more serious note. I still say yes. From the looks of it the main bulk of the movie is humans running around with a few Transformery bits bolted around that. Some Fallen at the end and then everybody goes home.

15. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I have to agree. Megatron is going to get more screen time than last time, but his Master is going to have TF1-level time.
    The Fallen and Megatron have a few commlink conversations, but he only appears on Earth during the final battle.

16. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Sadly he doesn't do that much in the book.:thumbdown 

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    he'll be like Megatron in TF1, though id like him to be more like Sideous in Starwars-ehind the scenes, but still does quite a bit

18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Knowing how Megatron wasn't introduced until the last 30-45 minutes of the first movie, I can probably say that the same will happen for the Fallen.

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

You mean how like poor Megatron was an after thought in the first one? Probably.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reading the novel, The Fallen seems to be present on the story alot before the final fight, but only in flashback/ not in person.

That's a... bit better than TF1 Megatron..