Does anyone think Takara will give us a "complete" MP collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Starganderfish, Jun 17, 2019.

?

Does anyone think Takara will give us a "complete" MP collection?

1. Complete G1? Nah

2. Complete G1? Yep, one day

3. Complete Beast Wars? Nah

4. Complete Beast Wars? Yep

5. Well technically a complete MP collection will be anything Takara puts in the MP line...

6. I'm insanely optimistic and think MP will one day be ALL Transformers from all continuities!!!

7. They'll at least finish G1 Season 1

8. They'll at least finish Beast Wars Season 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Reason Takara will never finish G1, besides sheer quantity...Combiners, licensing, Omegas Supreme, and Citybots, to name a few.

2. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Takara is, first and foremost, a Japanese company ostensibly catering to a Japanese market, as markets outside of Japan fall under Hasbro's purview. And there exists within Japan a culture that strongly favors hero characters (and, I'd assume, apartments with much less space for Transformers than your average house here in the States, where I live). I'd say that Takara was always going to focus largely on Autobots, especially ones with more screen time, and maybe some of the more important Decepticons, and that a complete season 1-3 cast was never a realistic possibility from Takara.

• Like Like x 4
  3. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    No. Not with them retreading everything they’ve already done with a v2, v3, and +versions. Luckily 3p is here to pick up the slack.

• Like Like x 7
  4. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    Sure....give em til 2035

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Beast Wars?
    Perhaps.

G1? Let’s not kid ourselves.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Only Completest thing I had was the Ark crew and with a mix of TT and 3p, I'm done (may replace a figure that had to be fixed just for new sake) but anything I've picked up has nothing to do with fitting into any motif, and more like "Hey, that's kinda cool."

7. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Nope. At least we have a Lio Convoy that transforms into Kimba the White Lion, right? I just want some Unicron Trilogy MPs, as far as I'm concerned the G1 MP line died with Hasui's departure. The likelihood of Takara actually doing MPs of the obscure G1 characters I want most, like Thunderstorm and Bludgeon, is extremely low. I'm bored of cars, and especially bored of the cartoon-accurate aesthetic for both Beast Wars and G1, so I have next to no interest in the line...which is why I collect third party figures.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    They don't seem to have any intention of even completing the season one cast of G1.
    The might complete the season one cast of BW.

9. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL. Glad I’m out the only one who thought that when that derpy lion face was shown. It could, kind of be a, maybe, cool figure if it wasn’t for that goofy face.

10. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

The worst part is it even fails at being animation-accurate, it feels like a purposeful choice...great bot mode though.

11. Slumborama

Slumborama Active Member

It's going to take forever. They are trying to please too many fans

12. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't feel like reading the whole thread right now, so maybe people have already said this but I believe Takara will just do the most bankable characters. That's why they're on their third Optimus and second Bumblebee. They'll also do any repaints/retools they can from the molds they make of the bankable characters (eg Red Alert since they had already done Sideswipe). They'll never do all the characters and almost certainly nothing from Headmaster's and/or Pretenders.

As much as I hate their upcoming hyper toon figures, they are potentially a good sign for people who want Jazz or any other character with an alt mode they haven't been able to license. Bumblebee 2.0 is a chibi car that resembles a VW Beetle but isn't patterned on the real car. As such, I doubt they bothered with the license. If that's the case, then there's every chance they'll do Jazz, Cliffjumper, and so on, since they won't need to license their alt modes. But yeah, they'll never do the complete run. It's just not worth it to them to produce the niche characters that only the die hard fans will buy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Here’s the thing. Takara can finish main G1 if they don’t make another seeker mould. Their future is riding on that one thing.

Beast Wars will be done so I didn’t bother voting. But I think all transformers series will get an update one way or another. Mainly cause I want MP KP figures, which will probably happen in the next 20 years. But I think I can wait for that.

14. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you define "complete" as being every character from the first three seasons, then no. I think they might complete the first episode cast, and the first season cast from Beast Wars. Other than that I think they'll only do leader characters.

• Like Like x 3
  15. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will happen eventually, but not for a really long time. Takara has not even done a combiner yet and the MP line has been going since 2004

16. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Well how many characters for season 1 & 2 of G1 do they have to do? Like 20? And they’re only gonna do Beast Wars season 1 since they substituted season 2 for Beast Wars II. I don’t think it’ll take too terribly long.

17. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But that’s assuming they have the dedication and focus to stick with it.
    Every time they decide a Japanese series character will sell better, we get one step further away from completing even a single season. And as someone else mentioned, how much incentive do Takara have to create MP’s of low popularity figures? Someone like Terrorsaur who looks to be difficult to design and has low appeal, is always going to rank behind Ginrai or Star Saber. Both he and Skorponok where killed off with barely a murmur. Is Windcharger or Gears going to be a priority?
    Those are all Season 1 characters. Doubting they’ll have huge appeal to Takara designers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Imagine an MP Greasepit complete with his gas station.

Sorry, look up who Greasepit is on TF wiki, then imagine it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just counting combiners from the first two seasons you're already up to 26. Minibots are another 10. Triple Changers, remaining carbots, Skyfire, Reflector, Perceptor, that makes another 10. Consider they're only doing one new G1 character a year now, and you're easily looking at thirty years before they finish that cast.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I guess I dunno. You guys have good points. I’m too optimistic. All I need is my Binaltech MP figures.