Does anyone still worship at the alter of the Gamecube?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Red leader, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I will always love Gotcha Force. Its a game made for toy collectors. The story may be childish but who cares? It has a solid battle engine and a big character (toy) roster to choose from. Theres even combiner robot! Thats why I will always return to my gamecube (unless I get a Wii). They should make a sequel damn it!

2. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

I loved gamecube. I am kind of pissed that gamestops around here dont carry ANY gamecube stock anymore. They still have ancient ps1 titles laying around but for some reason they liquidated everything gamecube after the Wii came out.

Rogue leader ftw!

And twin snakes didn't suck. It's practically the same game as MGS with mgs2 gameplay and over dramatized cinematics. But thats Kojima's style, so......

Ill sacrifice some difficulty and roll my eyes at anime style fight scenes if it brings an overall more visually enjoyable experience. And if i wanna go back to 32 bit, my PS copy of MGS is waiting for me.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

ever since i moved to my own place, i havent used my GC as i only have 1x TV to use now and i'm limited to inputs...but i still play all my GC games on the Wii.

4. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Yes indeed, but you see the Gamecube was but the mortal shell, thus I now worship the true ascendant child of Miyamoto who's name is Wii forever and every unto eternity or until next gen amen.

And yes I love me some gamecube games. Especially given the wide amount of Megaman available on the cube. Network Transmission, Anniversary Collection, X collection, and Command Mission.

And I can always return to Eternal Darkness. Especially with eternal mode on to go take some revenge.

5. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I never had GC before, but last weekend, when browsing round GameStation, I noticed they were selling the systems for £15 and they had Donkey Konga & Donkey Konga 2 in the 2 for £20 promo.

So I bought them, £35 for all that, with 2 Konga controllers? Bargain.

Then when I got them home I noticed they were all sealed! Brand New, never used! Mega fucking bargain!

I'm gonna pick up some of the other GC games now, like Metroid, Zelda and that.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, not everyone liked this game, but personally, I LOVED Star Fox (The Dino planet one). That was such an awesome little adventure game, and it looked amazing for its time.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Ya mean the porcelain throne that was the Gamecube?

8. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Yes, I love my purple cube. It was my first system, and even though I have about ten others now, it's still my favorite. I can't wait to buy Wind Waker again for it since my brother sold our last copy.

9. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

NO, i sold my black game cube when i bought, my Wii. Hell I'm ready to sell my Wii too.

10. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I never owned a cube, but playing Double Dash on the Wii shows me I missed out.

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

If you can get past the awful voice acting then it really is a fun Zelda clone with a bit of Starfox Arwinging in there. And the visuals were quite nice for the time.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it wasnt Kojima's style. it was Ryuhei Kitamura's style, as he was the cutscene director. which made the game's cinemas ******ed. and the first person aiming ruined the gameplay, making it far too easy.

yes, it sucked. it sucked a whole lot.

13. Bumble Prime

Watch the MGS retrospective on ummmmm IGN.com i think it was, or maybe gametrailers.

IT says that the cutscene director originally followed the PS scenes to a tee and Hideo told him to change it so it would be "upgraded" from the original....

And why does it suck? Because it was a remake of a game that had already been out for years?

I know it was easier, but i still think its an MGS game, and therefore doesn't suck in light of the entire gaming community. I mean there are far more games deserving of sucking.

If twin snakes came out first, everyone would be creaming their jeans over it, but since its a remake everyone hates it

14. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Um, I don't worship it, but I do play on occasion. Mostly RE4, Tales of Symphonia, and Metroid Prime.

<holds block><doubletaps forward><MASHESALLBUTTONSATONCE>

<watches as the summoned spirits of a thousand damned souls arise to consume the enemy mech>

<sighs contentedly>

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I know this. and I still hate the changes. snake in the original is a bad-ass soldier, in twin snakes, he's borderline super human. just look at the intro to the tank battle with vulcan raven in both games. ugh.

a big reason twin snakes sucks for me is the first person aiming. the game was not designed for it, and so it's incredibly easy now. the aiming while in third person mode has been redone, so shooting enemies at different elevations is harder. the big chase up the staircase of the communication tower is much harder now for all the wrong reasons.

it doesnt suck because it's a remake, it sucks because it's a bad remake. and just because many games suck more does not forbid me from saying this game sucks.

Nah, I'd prefer the PS1 versions' cut scenes even if they came out later. they're more toned down and realistic.

also, twin snakes has a big problem MGS2 had. everyone is deathly pale. it's annoying.

and they absolutely destroyed the metal gear theme in that game.

16. Bumble Prime

alright fair enough

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

If it had been designed with the gameplay improvements in mind, from the ground up, it would have been fuck awesome, you're right. 100%.

However the layouts were all still "Pac Man" style and the new abilities and controls just completely broke it breaking any tension... and seeing as that's kinda the whole point of MGS it just kinda turned in to a massive fail.

I thought the new cutscenes were the shit, however.

18. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

You realize you never have to use the 1st person aiming if you don't want too?

I totally dug TS, but before I even played it I heard how the 1st person aiming hurt things (like the Ocelot fight) so I just didn't use it.

As for the Cube, yes I still love my little black box. I still play Cube games on it and use the GBA Player.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I forgot about Resi 4. I still play Mercs mode on that a lot :eek: 

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    of course. but the feature is still there. lots of bad games become great if you allow yourself to pretend certain things just don't exist.