Does anyone prefer ROTF to WFC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by billcosby, Jul 7, 2010.

?

ROTF or WFC?

1. Obviously, War For Cybertron for the win.

66.5%
  2. I still prefer Revenge of the Fallen.

6.5%
  3. They both have pluses and minuses.

25.9%
  4. Neither are suitable and worthy Transformers games.

1.1%
  1. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    So it's an overrated piece of crap......oooookay..... :crazy: 

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't pay him any mind. He never has anything positive to say.

3. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer WFC. Of course that's coming from someone that has only played a little of both games. I tried ROTF and didn't like it that much (it was better than the 1st movie game though!). I never tried multiplayer (which I guess from the discussions I've seen is the best part of ROTF).
    I'm only two chapters into the Decepticon campaign in WFC but so far I'm loving it. I liked the multiplayer demo too.

4. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    I main scout as well and Personally think alt mode is at it's worst in scout. Dash reloads so fast that you can get around really fast in bot mode. Plus I hate having to wait to Tf when I'm in perfect backstabbing position. But to each their own.

I'm leveling my scientist right now and I am find alt mode useful there, but again, just for getting from a to b. Then shockwaving people off nodes. :) 

5. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I love WFC more. But I felt it was WAY TOO SHORT. $60 spent and I beat it 3 days later. And I'm not a guy who sits and plays nonstop. I play here and there when my free time allows it.

6. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    ^^ They seemed to go the Ghostbusters route on this.
    Huge fanservice, which was awesome. Great narrative but replayabilty depends on online play. Nice, but lots of people don't like/don't do multiplayer. So we are stuck with the linear storyline and have to cross our fingers that online interest will maintain itself (which, in the case of GB, it did not).

I miss the huge open areas and the more sandbox style of roaming around in ROTF. Cybertron is a lot more... claustrophobic than I'd envisioned.

I replayed a few levels last night after beating the game... some of them are really awesome. Like when you have to fight through the small Autobot ship... or the fight against Soundwave and his minions. I love smashing the little spider dudes in melee and knocking out the backpack-enemies is good fun.

On the other hand, running out of ammo in certain situations is pretty nasty... and in some places you just can't get by with the melee itself. I've noticed some of the pickups regenerate and that's good.

Some of the levels just aren't much fun to replay.

Couldn't believe there were no unlockable characters for single player mode, though. Was so looking forward to using Arcee in Campaign. :( 

7. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    WFC has much better single player, but as others have mentioned, I rarely can get a stable connection for Multiplayer. I never have this problem with ROTF and any other MP games I play (not many, mind you). Maps are rather claustrophobic also. When MP does work though, it's pretty fun, especially Escalation.

8. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    Ziero= Hero. Perfectly said. Agree completely.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was pleasently surprised with ROTF, and a little dissapointed with WFC. Of course, that's all from a perspective of expectations.

I expected very little from ROTF, and at first didn't like it. Then, I got used to the control scheme and finally "got it", and I enjoyed it enough to play through both campaigns and unlock everything for single player. Still, all that didn't really take that much time, and the story was incoherent since it could only barely touch on the movie, which already had a story that many felt was incoherent. But still, the control scheme made it fun.

For WFC, I was greatly dissapointed in lack of local co-op, and even if you're playing online co-op you should be able to appreciate why local co-op should be included. A lot of us DO live with the people we play games with most. (in fact, I played some online co-op with a couple of friends, which would have been fun, but the person I normally would be playing with just sat there and was left out. And no, I'm not going to get another system and HDTV just for the couple games that don't support local co-op that I want to play) However, what dissapointed me the most was all the lost potential. The campaign was actually not as short as some would lead you to believe, or maybe those players somehow rushed through it, but in that campaign you hardly fight any named transformers, and you are forced to choose from only 3 characters per level, and some characters only had one level they were playable in. I also read that you see the levels from different perspectives depending on who you chose, but that's highly exagerated, with only a few minor differences between character's point of views. Also, sorry to spoil anything to someone who hasn't played it, but while Omega and Trypticon were awesome, why not ONE confrontation between Megatron and Prime? It certainly showed them charging against eachother in the promo cinematic. All that being said, I thought the game was fun to play, had some great visuals, and told a good but very trunkated story.

So, overall, I do think WFC is a better game and product, but also a bigger dissapointment.

10. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    I also don't understand why folks think this is a short game. It took me easily 10 hours to beat (1 hour per stage on average), which I did over the course of a week. That length is typical nowadays for games...I recently finished GOW1, 2 and 3 and they all took about the same amount of time.

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I may have taken my time a bit, keeping an eye out for autobot or decepticon logos, but I know I spent over 10 hours and it felt satisfying for a game of this type. I think two things may have caused it to feel shorter. First, it was divided between Decepticons and Autobots and a lot of people felt that they were two seperate campains, both being short, and second, they pointed out the chapters ending unlike a lot of games that don't have distinct chapter markers until you try to replay through a level. If those two things weren't setup that way, I think people would have never felt the sense that it was coming to an end quickly. I KNOW I plowed through all the Halo games faster.

12. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

ROTF inferior, Soundwave Superior.

NOW Soundwave has spoken :bay 

13. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love WFC

I love ROTF's Free roam

14. Lone Cat

Lone Cat Well-Known Member

War for Cybertrons!

Michael Bay fails to please Gee One fans. this game has G1 feel.
    I'm sure if WFC was released in Japan and got japanese versions. i'd like to hear its japanese dub having everyone name japonized

meow~

15. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    I prefer ROTF. I find WFC unplayable, due to not being able to adjust the camera. Playing with my character on the left side of the screen, makes me feel nauseous.

16. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    Well it would certainly help to do so, if not only to admire the beauty of the characters High Moon have created. I find it really limiting in areas where it would be great to have a better prespective - boss fights for example with beams coming at you in rotation... or giant beams slamming you into the ground.

17. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

The following are reflections of each games multiplayer, as that's where most of my fun is.

I got ROTF for the PC. Being able to map the controls to my liking helped MAJORLY. I love the game, except for the fact that there's little to do about cheaters, and we didn't get the DLC option. (Still, mechanisms are much smoother on a mouse and keyboard.)

I have WFC on the PS3. It's tons of fun, but I hate the L3/R3 buttons because I keep mashing them when I push the control sticks too hard. I've done melee attacks tons of times when I didn't mean to, leaving myself open for attack. But I knew to get this game for the PS3 because of the lack of support on the PC for ROTF. Proven again with this title: hacks galore with no way to kick/ban/report, doubt they'll give DLC for it, and I've come to find out you can NOT map your keys this time around (which is a huge nono in the computer world).

I don't know if my opinions would differ if I had played both on the same systems. Mainly because if I'd played ROTF on the PS3 with its controls, I might not have enjoyed it as much; on the flipside, the massive limitations for WFC on PC would have made me mad. But as I've experienced them, I really enjoy both the games for different reasons. ROTF had more open maps you could really run/drive/fly around on, and more attack options (love TFing and smashing someone else with that melee hit). But the overall setup for WFC is great fun, with a nice "perk" system and decent customization options. Plus, the TRONesque look is just cool. :D 

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ROTF

Poor story, great gameplay.

WFC

Great story, "meh" gameplay.

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt that would happen. Ever since the movies came out, Japan has been calling the Transformers by the names Hasbro has given them. We can see it in the movies and now in Transformers Animated--why change now after spending so much time explaining to fans (old and new) why the change to follow Hollywood?

20. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    WFC 4 ROTF 0

That comprehensive.