Does anyone know the name of this particular music score from the g1 series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Gen1rep, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gen1rep

Gen1rep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys...was wondering if someone could help me out. For a while, i have been trying to find a particular background music score from the g1 series but have had no luck.

Was wondering if someone knew the name of it and if possible, where could i download it from.

I have included a link to the g1 episode that uses it. The episode is golden lagoon and the music starts at the 19:55 mark (final battle)

The Transformers (G1) - Season Two - The Golden Lagoon (Ep. 25) - YouTube

2. tfparodies

tfparodies Well-Known Member

Not sure, but it was used a lot and may be on this page:

Transformers Cartoon Score - YouTube

If it's not there, you may be able to find more searching "Transformers Cartoon score" on youtube.

3. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

4. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

There were some great underrated pieces of music from G1. My favorites were the pieces that appeared in the last half of s3 which took their cues from the movie. Shame they weren't present at the beginning of s3. Really exciting stuff.

5. Gen1rep

News Credits:
    Thanks so much. I found the score on the link you provided. Its called 'Seekers vs Hiss Tanks' i have been looking for this one for a while. I just love the beat. Its energetic, motivational and prepares for me for upcoming challenges. Gonna start listening to this on my way to work every morning...lol..

Thanks guys and appreciate the help

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want to note that virtually all the titles these tracks have been given are unofficial, created by the fans who went to the trouble of piecing and editing them together from the various cartoon episodes. You can often hear lingering artifacts of muted sound effects from the cartoon in these, like the occasional stomp, zap or explosion. Some day, I hope we can get a full and official release of the soundtrack...

7. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

The would be amazing. Speaking of which, when's Vince DiCola's movie score set to be released? I thought it was this month, but I haven't seen anything.

8. tfparodies

tfparodies Well-Known Member

Ah, nice. I'm glad you found it! Personally, I love the theme by Lion and have cranked that up many a time to get pumped.

9. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

Hey, if you're still looking for G1 background music, I'd go check out TFCog.net
    They have a collection of tracks in their music section that's pretty much the entire G1 score. You might be able to find what you're looking for there.

10. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Runnin' like a constipated wiener dog

Even around 10 years ago, there were rumors about a possible G1 score release; I believe the original composer (sorry, I forget his name... John Walsh?) hinted that it was in the works, along with the GIJoe score.

A decade later, clearly nothing has come of that. Shame.

11. Starscreamsfan

Starscreamsfan Don Botleone

News Credits:
    Yeah, Rob Walsh is still working on the score, and he was going to release it in 2011 (possibly), but the Marvel/Disney merge created some problems with the release in the sense of rights, so I really feel sad for Mr. Walsh, because just as he was about to release it, the Marvel/Disney merging happened. But he's still trying to get it released, though.

12. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Runnin' like a constipated wiener dog

I see this as good news because at least it wasn't abandoned like I assumed it was. It might take a little longer but we should still get it.
    I hope.

13. Gen1rep

News Credits:
    Thanks fellow tfwer's for the input. I agree that the original g1 score had some rich, creative, amazingly orchestrated music. Just love the heavy drum sounds, bassline, trumpets, horns, violins, electric guitar, synthesizer etc: I mean wow...

Lets hope that an entire official g1 score is released.

14. Peter Welker

Peter Welker Vector Sigma

Here's hoping that an entire official G1 score will be released in 2014, the year that transformers G1 celebrates its 30th anniversary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.