Does Anyone Know If Big Bad Toy Store Does Partial Refunds?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Dec 5, 2012.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Ok here's my situation:

I got my AM-24 Silas Breakdown a couple of days ago and noticed that it was defective.

The left (non-battle damaged) eye was mis-molded and was painted terribly (the gold paint was all around the outside of the eye)

Big Bad Toy Store has exceptional customer service. I contacted them because I knew they would take care of me.

After sending them pictures over the last couple of days, their solution was to refund me my money.

They can't send me a replacement because this item is sold out.

The only problem is, I need the figure and not the money. If I get my money back, I can't buy another Silas Breakdown because it is sold out at the online retailers that I use.

After receiving the refund offer from BBTS, i sent a response back asking if I could keep the defective figure and receive a partial refund instead. (A Defective Silas Breakdown is better than none at all)

Does anyone out there know if BBTS does partial refunds?

2. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    They may offer to give partial store credit rather than a refund. I think they've been clamping down on this and being way more selective in offering this option though. I got bupkiss despite my iGear PP05 van bros. boxes arriving partly crushed and dented (figures inside were fine though; the packaging was damaged). I raised the issue with their rep, Michael, I believe, but he refused to offer any compensation for this. YMMV.

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Alternate suggestion, possibly not viable:

Ask them if you can contact them again in a few weeks to see if they got any other Silas Breakdowns returned for defects, and maybe arrange a parts swap?

4. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    In some situations they will offer a partial refund of store credit. It depends on the case.

5. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    More likely they'll give partial store credit if you don't want to send the figure back for full refund.

I had something like this happen with Car Robots Black Convoy. Thought he was brand new, but once getting him found all sorts of issues. I e-mailed customer service and the rep that helped me said I could either send the figure back and get full refund or I could keep the figure and I'd get around half back. I chose the latter since Black Convoy was fine, his trailer wasn't though. Can't say that will be the case since this was over 2 years ago. Not sure how often this sort of thing happens.