Does anyone have a G1 Overlord?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by linthart, Mar 10, 2008.

1. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi Guys,

It has come to that time of the day / week / month where we all think, "what is my next big and unbelievably expensive transformer going to be?"

well I've decided i want a G1 overlord but i need to know how big this guy is in base mode. Personally i think that's his most awesome feature and look.

is anyone willing to measure him up for me? i need to know if he'll fit in my display cabinet and how much room i'll have to clear so i'm going to need the classic width, depth and height.

i live in Australia so i deal in centimeters but if inches is all that is available to me then I'll translate. minimum dimensions please, ie not a space he'll comfortably fit into

(just a heads up, i haven't bought him yet so if you have one you want to sell, PM me.)

really hope someone can help me

Thank you so much guys

Linton

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

He's about 33cm height by 21cm width in robot mode....as for base mode ..... do you have yourself a G1 Scorponok ? he's pretty close to his width in base mode.

3. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm yes i do have a G1 scorponok. unfortunately he doesn't fit in my cabinet in base mode buy about an inch. so is overlord slightly bigger or slightly smaller? guess i'll have to put the bugger on an angle to get him in.
    no big deal. unfortunately my cabinet is quite narrow (fits my fort max quite nicely) but very very deep and tall.

thanks for the input mate.

anmore input from people would be of great help.

thanks guys.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I just measured my Overlord in city mode for you; he's roughly 66cm across, 27cm high, & 30cm front to back.
    To be honest, whatever mode you display him in, it's worth it. Overlord is nothing short of AWESOME.

5. DJ Soundwave

Do you keep alot of figures in their alt modes ? Overlord looks better on Robot mode .....

[​IMG]

6. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you very much Draven. its amazing how quickly you'll get a response on the forums as opposed to asking ebay sellers for example.

hmmm looks like there is no way in hell he'll fit in my glass cabinet in city mode so looks like he'll have to go in my solid cabinet.

now what do you guys think, is $450USD too much to pay for an JAP MIB untouched overlord, as in the only reason its not a sealed box is because the tape fell off which i've heard is quite common for the jap overlords.
    box i'd rate by the photos a c8 except for one corner which is looking a little worse for wear but a perfect untouched styro. documents still in taped bag.

for those of you who are interested, sorry i cant tell you where i found him as i've had my eye on it for about 2 months now and i've managed to raise to cash so its now the decision to take the plunge.

there is an overlord in the same condition (except the document bag has been opened and appears not to be present) for $900USD plus shipping so i figure its a decent find

opinions please. or how much did you guys pay for yours?

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I paid £85 (roughly $170) for a mint loose complete one. I'd definitely go for a MIB untouched Japanese one for $450.

8. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep almost all my figures in robot mode, a few exceptions being brave max is city mode as i have fort max in robot mode and G1 optimus and megs in alt as their masterpieces stand tall and true. oh i also love the WST dino(ro)bots alt modes.

and holy crap you have a black zarak.

ha before i die i will own a black zarak, overlord and a grand maximus.

9. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    but there is just something that i love about overlords base mode.

10. DJ Soundwave

When you get one you'll love him ....Especially his jet half.

11. linthart

linthart Plastaholic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DJ, i was just looking at your collection page and it is the most phemominal thing i have ever seem. i'd hate to think how much that would cost to insure it because i'm sure you could buy a very very sweet car or possibly a small home if you sold them.
    oh i hope you have good contents insurance.

my small collection is only worth about $4000 and my girlfriend is telling me to get them insured (not going to though, cost me enough to buy let alone maintain) but for something that size it'd be an idea.