Does anyone get sh!t for collecting Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Warmachine, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Banned

Does that work as a defence in court?

2. tootsmendozer

tootsmendozer hairy giant

i used to have my desk at work, not covered but as like a mini battle ground for toys, i had a few classics on there like megatron and opimus and bumblebee etc any way i used to work in a bank and it is one of englands biggest, one day we had the big boss man come down to our floor, now i say big boss may he was early thirtys he spoke to my team leader about work stuff and as he went to walk back to the lift he walked past my desk and saw my toys and i thought "oh god hes stopped i bet hes gonna be like what the hell is all this"
    any way this is the convo we had.
    my boss "is that optimus prime?"
    me "uh yeah...if im not ment to have so much stuff on my desk i can take em back home"
    my boss "oh no no its fine...i just love transformers, what ones are these they look great"
    me "uh there the new classics line, its like a modern day re working of the originals, using todays kinda techneques...ya know so they look cooler"
    my boss "thats amazing...where did you get them from?"
    me " up london"
    my boss "well i know where im going at teh weekend, do they do hotrod?"
    me "yeah they do"
    then he totally geeked out on me, like almost did a little dance, any time after that if i saw him he would ask me about any new stuff, this was befor the movie, i had to go see him one day after and he had a hot rod on his desk, see its cool even us geeks can be like the head of a mayjor bank ^^

ps sorry about the bad spelling and grammer lol im dyslexic

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  3. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    transformers: litle kids toys in desguise

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

gf's clothes all over the floor
    gf's shoes all over the floor
    gf's CRAP everywhere

my stuff- squeazed in a little corner in the living room

gf - " hey CM , you need to put your toys away in the attic or something, I can see them and it makes the place look messy"

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Eat me, eat me!!

Back on topic, I get no flak for collecting tfs. Most people are cool with it when they notice them in the display case, others are totally indifferent.

6. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

It doesn't tend to come up in conversation much, although there was a time I had a couple of tiny bits of TF gear on my desk at work. I can't recall every getting any crap for it, though. When I left one job, the office did present me with a Dr Octopus Megamorph as a going-away gift. So close, and yet so far...

7. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

My parents say whatever make me happy.
    My brother gets DC Direct.
    My friends put Silverbolt and Blackarachnia into suggestive positions, then will break one of my TFs claiming "No, no, I can transform this... *snap* ...oh, sorry dude." BM Cheetor looked like he was prison raped.
    My (ex)girlfriend(s) are either too trashed to know any better (think a female Iron Man) or giggle and say something like "You're such a kid."

Recently I packed away most of my collection, and my friends looked almost upset. "Dude, what did you do with all your $#!t?"
    All I have up now are MP Megs, MP Starscream, Cobra Commander, Lex Luthor, Skeletor, and Venom. My room has thus been renamed by my friends as "The Shrine of Evil."

8. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, my brother also likes to rearrange my TFs when he's visiting into... "adult situations". :p 

9. jlwtformer1337

jlwtformer1337 Decepticon

You guys have no idea what crap i take from everyone at school. IT IS HARD TO BE A TEENAGER!!!:throw 

10. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Oddly enough I get more crap from non-fan strangers for not having gone to the movie than I do for collecting the (non-movie) toys. They all seem to think they're entitled to know why.

--Moony

11. nintendofreakgc

nintendofreakgc Bumblebee fan

The only times I've had anyone talk about it were a few cashiers (all guys, the girls just seem to not talk about it), who thought it was cool that I collected them.

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my parents are the worst. i love my parents, but they are pushing the limits of hypocrisy.
    i work full time, am generally responsible (although the IRS claims i am tardy once every 3 years or something) and i don't really drink, smoke or hang out at the nudie bars, i.e., i don't have vices.

but they come down hard on this one thing.
    i ignore them. My own mother has bought stuff as far back as the 1980s that she has never used or has totally forgotten about (and hence has bought several more and repeated and you see the pattern) but asks me what good these things are.
    Anyone remember a chain store that was called TG&Y? she has stuff from there with the stickers still on them.

i don't understand why there is a problem.
    i guess if i collected guns or shot deer twice a year like the other hicks here, i'd be more normal. but i am lazy and don't like waking up at 4 in the morning to kill bambi.
    sorry. thinking about this irks me. at least my friends here, and the friends i got in the real world think i am all the cooler for it.

13. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

eh, my folks will joke about it. then I just ask what the difference is between my stuff and my Dads toy model tanks. every once and awhile my wife will too but she gives me sh*t about everything so I'm used to it.

14. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    was at a Movie Gallery and this dude walked in with his seven (?) year old kid and asked the two 20-ish girl clerks if they had the TFs movie on the shelf. they said sure, and with a "Duh" tone. But he said not that one. they told him there aren't any other movies.
    And he got into a discussion about it. and sure enough they had 2 copies of the '86 movie on the shelf.
    but what pissed me off the most was their 'tude when they asked him about the older movie. You know, the fake interest, the half-assed, "that's kewl," and "really?"
    He said he has the toys from that movie and wanted his kid to see em on the tv...but gawd those bitches were snotty. made me embarrassed to even want to say to the guy, "i got some of them, too."
    ugh.

15. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Most people who have comments to share tend to say that my collection is pretty neat.
    The cable guy who was activating my broadband connection kind of geeked out over the robot heroes and Ultimate Bee I had in the living room. I made sure he didn't steal any. He also commented on the Voltron Blue Lion DVD case I randomly had out on my couch.
    I used to keep a 6 foot bookcase full of Transformers in the living room of my old apartment to scare away women. Oddly enough, that never worked.
    I plan on showing my first child (due in April) the wonders of the TF experience.
    So...no, not really.

16. Warmachine

Warmachine Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    I used to always get condescending remarkes from my brothers until I finally had enough and showed them my ebay auctions of every Transformer I had ever customized. Including, believe it or not, customized Gene Simmons "Destroyer" and "Creatures of the Night" costumes with exact replicas of his dragon platform stage boots. They haven`t said shit since. :D 

17. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Hahaha, I used to get crap like that when I was 11-12 all the time. "How can you play with kiddy toys??" was the most polite question I got, to which I replied "But we are kids!".

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My parents - they rather me use the $$$ I spend to get married but I'm not ready to settle down yet! XD

19. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

Oh hell yes. On the plus side, it does get better once you make it through to the end of secondary school. Not all at once, but it picks up real fast.

(It's kind of ass while it's happening, though. Especially as no-one TELLS you it's going to be ass, and a year can still look like freakin' eternity.)

20. Nymyzys

Nymyzys Wailing Your Sorrow

Ebay:
    I don't get any snide comments, just akward looks from parents in stores seeing a 26-year old digging through the Transformers.

My parents don't really mind my hobby. I never gave them much trouble growing up so they more or less let me do my thing.

My mom just kind of shakes her head whenever something TF-related comes in the mail, but doesn't give me too much grief.

My G2 Devastator arrived the other day, and my Dad brought the shipping box inside. He asked me a little later what was in the box, and I showed him all the vehicles and parts. He wasn't too sure what to think of it. Later though, upon seeing the combined Devastator, he remarked how neat it was seeing all the vehicles combined into "a little man".

My girlfriend fully supports my hobby. She even bought Incinerator for me for Valentine's Day, and was actually excited for me when I won an RID Brave Max off Ebay the other night (she knew how long I've been wanting one). As others have said, as long as I still have the cash to take her out from time to time, she's happy.