Does anyone else NOT use 3P to fill gaps?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Thundershot, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    So worth it.

2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    No. You might use them as expensive stand ins but that isn't the 'whole point' at all. The whole point is third parties are making figures collectors want that TT seemingly don't want to do. Only way Dibots/ Quakewave /Apollyon /Visualisers/Bug Corp get replaced are if TT destroy them aesthetically. Only one I could see that happening too is Quakewave if they give him his trademark curved legs and even then it has to look proportionately good. The rest nailed it.

Now if there is an official coming whilst a third party version is too then that complicates things.

3. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I use 3P figures to not only fill in gaps in my CHUG line, but if it's in my eyes a better figure, then I'll either replace said figure out get the 3P figure instead of the main line figure. I used to own Classics Bumblebees and sold it and replaced it with Toyworld Bii. Sold off Classics Cliffjumper a while ago and will be getting the Toyworld Cliffjumper when that finally arrives.

- Gregg

4. Partsformer

Partsformer To Far Away Times

Twitter:
    I especially appreciate the 3rd party figures that represent figures that Hasbro/Takara will (probably) never release.

The rest of the Wreckers
    The DJD
    etc..

I mean, come on, what are the odds of Hasbro releasing a Decepticon that turns into an electric chair? (Kaon)

5. Rapido3

Rapido3 Well-Known Member

After realizing that i have WAY too many figures and thus i'll never be able to display them all, i had to make a decision as to which transformers lines to get rid of. Currently i have a collection of Animated, CHUG, G1 colored movie figures, and MP's. I decided to get rid of everything except MPs. Now to my point. I now collect whatever looks best regardless of manufacturer (assuming their quality is up to snuff, i.e. fans toys, badcube). So if i like Badcubes Brawn over say a Takara one, then that's what i'll stick with. So 3P products are not fillers whatsoever.

6. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

I have no nostalgia for G1 so all of my TF purchases including 3P are because I think they're awesome toys. Every 3P TF from now on could be an invented character like FP Steelcore and it wouldn't matter to me.

7. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Banned

Good question

Currently I stick with third party. But I do own some hasbro figures 'but' I don't separate them. Then again I do Autobot side and decepticon side and that's far as it goes.