Does anyone else feel that the series finale was severely rushed?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Awesomus Prime, May 26, 2009.

1. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pacing was OK up to the end of the end with the sudden 30 seconds on Cybertron. We needed another 15 minutes of epilogue.

We need an OVA dammit.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Rushed? Definitely.

3. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I really hope we get a more proper conclusion to this series somehow (soon).

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea it really did feel like it was rushed to have some sort of an ending. Sort of like the female Starscream clone shows up just long enough to shot down Prime then we don't see her anymore.

5. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Agreed. But we have what we have.

6. lerath666

lerath666 Autocon Vs Deceptibot

Ebay:
    hey, didn't Wyatt say wwe would Learn susan's Real name too?

7. Spoon

Spoon Banned

This.

Let's look at the 'dangling' plot threads...

-Blackarachnia/Wasp:Their ending was designed so they could be brought back if need be, but it was also intended to write them off.

-Constructicons: Mixmaster and Dirtboss were written off in 'Three's a Crowd' and Scrapper is firmly established as to benign character.

-Dinobots: They are happy living on Dinobot island. They are out of the way. That is where they live and where they spend their free time.

-Ultra Magnus: He's going to recover. That's all that matters.

Seriously people, the only real open ending was Sari. And I don't really care about that.

The rest of it was perfectly paced, especially if you watch the episodes back-to-back. The only issue was the editing around Prowl's death. There should have been faster cuts, to give it a greater sense of urgency.

Other than that, wonderful.

Better than bloody Megatron Rising by far. God, that was awful.

8. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, it was very rushed.

To the above poster, Blackarachnia and Waspinator are complained about because Waspinator was clearly shown still online and foreshadowing his return, he would return to Earth as soon as possible to get revenge.

UM is a dangler because we don't know who is Magnus when he recovers. SP? OP? UM?

Also, you forgot Femmescream, Meltdown, Wreck-Gar and Skywarp and Thundercracker.

Skywarp and Thundercracker are clearly still out there, same with Femmescream. Meltdown is in the same situation as Waspinator, still alive. Wreck-Gar is probably off doing his own thing.

9. Spoon

Spoon Banned

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I feel like the whole series was rushed. Jumping straight from season 1 into season 2 was cool and all, but a breather might have helped pace the show better, and maybe given the toys time to catch up.

11. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

Do I think it was rushed? A little I guess, certain things could have used more exposition and Sari's line didn't make sense. She was there to see the protoforms? Couldn't they have brought her back a souvenir or something?

At any rate, do I think it was severely rushed? No, not at all. To say so is exaggerating and adding fuel to the needless and pointless anger that seems to be filling this board at the moment.

12. Spoon

Spoon Banned

So true.

So much unfair hate going around to... everything.

Except Ejector.

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes it was. the end when they arrived back on cybertron was such a wtf moment because of it.

14. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Less filler is always a good thing

15. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Had almost the exact same feeling as the final season and series finale of JLU.

They had spent the first two seasons developing this completely intricate plot involving Cadmus, probably the best 'long arc' in my cartoon watching lifetime...then season three comes, and they find out about halfway through production that it's probably getting canceled, so they have to alter the finale to make it the "end" of the LOD arc, but simultaneously leave it open ended just in case the show got renewed.

What we get is a very similar result, imo.

Ending that is open ended enough that they could have had a season 4, yet there is an end to the story.

The absence of ANY dialog at the end was a little odd, imo...all in all, not very satisfying, but with the shabby treatment this series received from CN and Hasbro, I guess I'll just take what I can get and be happy with it.

16. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Simply put: Yes.

Way too rushed, and not enough loose ends tied up.

But, for what we got, the overall gist of it was covered, so we might as well be thankful for that and count our blessings.

17. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    where does it say that more episodes would have resulted in tying up the loose ends and not just being filler?

I hate it that people expect every thing to be told for them and have no imagination of their own.

Prime became a hero. Perfect closure.

18. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Add to list:

-Prowl finally became at peace with his spark.
    -Ratchet restored Arcee.
    -Starscream died.

19. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Now that the war is over... None of the 'loose ends' really are huge deals. So what if Scrapper is walking around earth humping dumptrucks and drinking oil? Who cares that the dinobots run around an unpopulated island. BA is a big girl and can survive in south america or africa or wherever she was dumped.

In a time of peace and now that there is a space bridge on earth, the crew can come and go as they please and send little cleanup-crews to earth for basically 'filler' stories. The dinobots get invited to cyberton, Prime has Autobot scientists offer help to BA, Constructions are given jobs with Huffer and crew.

Would we have enjoyed filler episodes, Probably. Does it mean they needed to be made? only to fill the 52 episode arbitrary syndication limit.

20. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

The entire 3rd season was rushed IMO. The first 2 seasons were just AWESOME...