Does anyone collect euro exclusives?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rakhamon, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Rakhamon

Rakhamon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey everyone.

Pretty new on the boards here (though I have been active on various other franchise web communities for a long time).

I thought I'd ask a question in general. Does anyone collect the late G1/early G2 Transformers that were released in the European market? I don't see them on eBay much, but then again I suppose not many collect G2 in general. We had most of them released up here in Sweden (though we missed out on several "regular" G1 releases), including the big ones like Overlord.

I'm vaguely considering selling and/or trading off my stuff from this era, since I have decided to trim down the number of different TF lines I collect. Is there any interest? I know the figures are sometimes tough to find, but that doesn't mean they're that attractive.

Ah well, just opening some discussion (hopefully).

~Rak

2. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    I have Overlord.had him as a kid but he got gave to charity by accident when I was 17,I regained him a couple of years back though.

lost loads of good stuff in that box including my Motorvators......and they are NEVER around on Ebay.I miss having Flame,Gripper and Lightspeed.

had the friggin Euro only actionmasters too.Sideswipe and Tracks were some of my faves.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    The market is there. The issue isn't that people don't collect them, it's that the supply isn't that huge. When stuff does pop up, if it's priced reasonably, it doesn't stick around for very long.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there is a market for them, it's just hard to find them

5. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Yup, I'd definitely have interest in buying a couple of those G2 TF's off of you; I do sorta collect them. I live in the Netherlands, so shipping wouldn't be a problem... If yoy're interested, perhaps drop me a pm and we can sort something out?

6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Yep, love 'em, as I've neared completion of my Euro exclusives I sold my MIB / MOSC Machine Wars collection.

7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've an interest in Double Punch, who seems hard to find complete. Most times I see him on eBay he's missing his scorpion legs and rarely does his action feature still work.

8. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't care for the Action Masters as much (I only have Sideswipe), but I am looking for Deftwing and both of the G2 Firecons.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scorch is one of my favorites to date, and I hear he fits the bill of being a hard to find Eurobot. :) 

10. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I am a fan of the Euro exclusives. When they originally came out, I felt I was getting too old. Last TF I got as a kid was Flame.

I was lucky enough to get a large G2 collection (33 figures) when I first started using Ebay. Pyro was thrown in as a freebie. Also got Clench, Speedstream (Autobot version of Decepticon Deluge), Aquafend (Bot version of Jetstorm) and the Firecons (who I hadn't realised at the time were Euro exclusives).

More recently I got Scorch, Stalker, AM Bombshell and completed my grail of all 4 Stormtroopers.

I did pick up a Kabaya kit of Flame, Gripper and Lightspeed with the combiner armour. Got them repainted. They're around Scout size which I love as I felt the originals were too big.

I do regret not picking up Double Punch at Auto Assembly last year though a Botcon version would be perfectly fine to me.

All those Euro originals as well as the 'Classics' series of 89-90 were the few times Hasbro Europe got it right.

11. Rakhamon

Ebay:
    Cool to hear that the interest is there. You guys are right about these 'bots being tough to find, even over here. By this time interest in Transformers was down, and I imagine a lot of them ended up being clearanced off and possibly even destroyed.

I never had an Overlord myself, tho I fondly remember his giant full-page ad in the back of the Swedish Transformers monthly comic. Since we didn't start our run of the comic until 1987 (but published it faster) it was still running by 1990-91 when the euro exclusive "late G1" happened. Ironically we never had any Japanese anime translated here, or even the american G2 comic.

I do have both firecons, Double Punch (missing the legs of course) and some other fun stuff, like the accessories to the Diaclone Browning (the non-Megatron gun).

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I bought Thundercracker and Rumbler recently and I'm looking at getting Tracks and Omega when they pop up. I'm sort of interested in Stalker as well.

As it happens I just bought a beat up Omega from eBay.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  13. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a full American G2 set and I've been working on the Euro G1 line... Still looking for Rumbler and the action master elites, but otherwise I think I have them all :D 

You can see them if you click my signature :thumb 

14. Rakhamon

Ebay:
    I picked up some Overlord parts at a flea market, unfortunately there was no sign of the robot and the sellers didn't know what had happened to it... Always weird when you just find some parts of a great figure and not the toy itself, no?

15. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    On eBay, it's easier to find an incomplete Overlord without the parts, than it is to find the parts. So the parts might be worth more than the main robot!

16. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

I'm not interested in older figures but i have just Rotorstorm and Boss left from my childhood sitting in their own shelf. I was quite surprised and amused when i saw them in recent Wreckers comics.