Does anyone actually use their TFSource Points?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by reluttr, May 17, 2015.

1. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To start off with, I am not 100% sure if this is the right section to post this type of question in since TFSource sells first and third party. So I apologize if its in the wrong section.

Anyways, I have got quite the stash of Source Points built up from my various purchases in the past few months. So I decided to check out their prize corner and see what I could get with the points.

Needless to say... woo boy, there are quite a few rules. Basically here is a breakdown of how it works.

1. It does NOT work with the stack at all.
    2. You have a purchase minimum per free item.
    3. If you want multiple free items you must meet the purchase minimum times how many items you want. So if you want 3 free items with a $50 minimum purchase, you have to spend $150 all together.
    4. If you use source points on a order you do NOT get source points off that order. *this rule isn't listed, but thats how it shows up in my history*

That being said... I am finding it difficult to actually redeem my points. First of all, 99% of my purchases are done through the Stack. It just makes everything so much easier to manage. So if I want to actually redeem points, I either have to impulse purchase items or cancel preorders in my stack and reorder them through the old system. Im SOL on anything already paid for in my stack. :S

Which ok... this makes spending points rather difficult out of the gate. But now lets talk about the purchase minimum. If you look at the list of reward items you will notice real quick that most of them warrant a rather large purchase of 150+. Which TBH if I make a order I will be sure to at least spend $150 to get the free shipping.

But then there is the consecutive purchase amount. Even though I meet the minimum purchase requirement and I have more than enough points, I am only allowed to get one free item unless I spend quite a bit of money.

Regardless... I am stuck. Either I go through ALOT of hassle for one free item, or I just keep using the stack and let the points just keep piling up. Like I feel one of the rules needs to be done away with.

If stacks could use points, then I could have added convenience with loyalty rewards. This would be pretty good.

Or on the flip side... instead of having consecutive minimum purchase amounts, just make them unlocking tiers. Like if I spend 300 dollars then I should be able to redeem my points for as many items as I can afford within that 300 dollar minimum or below.

Anyways what do you guys think? If you do manage to use your Source Points, then how do you go about it?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used some of them a few months ago for one of those Impossible Toys Tetra Jets because I had the points and it didn't add anything to shipping.

But most of the rewards are either crap or require a hugeass purchase so I mostly just get them saved up without actually using anything. On top of not working with stacks it's VERY rare for me to actually use them.

3. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've used them in the past. It does suck you can't use them in a stack order. I did have one customer service rep let me do that in the past though. She was very helpful. They haven't really added to the available items in a while. I normally get lego minifigs from toysource.com with my source points.

4. BLACKWAR

BLACKWAR Chaos Trinity Decepticon

A garbage loyalty rewards system that I have never used. The Chosen Prime, now that's how you do a points redemption system.

5. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The selection was much better before but now it's just a mess of garbage.

6. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I wish it wasn't just for the items they choose. If they offered a trade in of points on free shipping, or $5 coupon for a certain amount of point. Sure, I collect points in the off chance one day I might see something I can afford & actually want, but to be frank the points system reminds me of Chuck E Cheeze tickets.

Junk for the small amounts, and the only good stuff requires more expenditure than it's worth.

7. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Sad but true.

8. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the lamest reward system of all time. Seriously.

Would be more useful if they made 1000 point = $1 and thats a terrible exchange because you have to use them in a new purchase

even AmiAmi does it better i think you get 1 pt = 1 yen discount

9. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I live in Ireland I can't use them, but looking at what is on offer for them it's not something I'm concerned about.

The main reasons I buy from them is they do a good deal on shipping internationally and they take great care of me fixing toys I get from them that have issues from production.

10. NotTheFace

NotTheFace Lightning Strike

I agree that they had better stuff before. I used it a few years ago to get an Alternity Bumblebee. Now there isn't really an incentive to use them, so a lot of times I end up placing a PO with them in a stack, but then find an incentive to do the final purchase somewhere else. I've had nothing but great service from them, but when you can save money on an item vs gain points that will likely never get used, it ends up being a no brainer.

11. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

I go back to the site every now and then to see what they are offering, and it's never anything I want. If it is something I want, like many have said, it's not worth piling up a $850 bill to do so. When I first started collecting again, that seemed to be the more popular site, so I went with them...since then, there are more options with better reward systems....

12. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

Exactly! I got a free Wardog just for buying stuff I was going to buy anyway. The Chosen Prime is hands down the best US based online Transformers store, and I've used them all. For every $150 you spend you get $5 to spend however you like.

13. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    It's quite the pain to use. I got a bunch of the impossible toys minibots using up most of my points, and decided to switch from tfsource to the chosen prime. I now get actual cash off an order for a reward, and still get free shipping over $150.

14. Fatbot3

Fatbot3 Well-Known Member

I noticed they had an MP Smokescreen but you had to order a $1000 plus have points to get it. I'm guessing that's in one order or that would be a decent item to build towards. The Chosen Prime looks good but their inventory looks poorly managed on the site so it's difficult to see whether or not something is available or going to be available. They look geared towards collector's who are doing a lot of preordering to guarantee availability.

15. briag45

briag45 Well-Known Member

I switched to thechosenprime.com because prices are competetive and the rewards system is awesome. I've used bababobo on ebay because he gives you $5 of every $120 increment of purchases immediately. Sometimes his prices are a little high but sometimes you cant beat his price plus the discount.

16. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basically its like Chuck E Cheeze, but when you get up to the counter the clerk is like "Ok you have 3000 tickets! You can only get 1 items and it looks like your family only ate 1 pizza and 2 salads so you can only pick something that costs 300 tickets or less."

Which is my issue with the whole thing, it's just way to limited to even bother with most of the time. :S

17. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much like sideshows reward point system.
    You can never use them in anything you actually want becuase of the restrictions on thier use.

It all ends up being useful for is clearanced crap that won't sell.

18. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

Source Points are garbage. They just want you to order something for money and then send you a garbage item with it for "free". If there was no purchase requirement when redeeming points, it wouldn't be so bad. Ridiculous purchase requirements + Garbage Rewards Selection = Useless

19. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

This. I never understood TFSource reward system. With the chosen prime, I did two orders and got enough points to knock 10 bucks off my next order.

20. Predarican

Predarican Top Gunner G1er

Ebay:
    Yeah I'm currently sitting at 4,355 points with no reason to use them..