does anyone actually read spawn anymore?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by ckhtiger, Feb 19, 2006.

1. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Not really surprising all things considered--Chapel is Liefeld's character. Then Liefeld left Image in 1996 under.... not really good terms with some members. So McFarlane would've had to find a way to incorporate someone else as the killer.

I picked up #150, but that was mostly due to the McFarlane/Lee sketch cover I saw (figured I could probably trade it for something else I wanted if I didn't like it). Also, picked up the IMAGE COMICS 10th Anniversary (or 13th considering when it finally got published) hardcover too (because it had the origin of the Savage Dragon in it).

From what I remember, the gist of Image HC story is that McFarlane is trying to see if he can get away with using Miracleman, only this time naming him "Man of Miracles" and using him as a character who's fighting against both Heaven and Hell. Also, Spawn learns that he's actually not Al Simmons, but a piece of Simmons' soul grafted onto something or other.

As for #150, Man of Miracles shows up but looks different (because the current writer feels it's not a wise idea to make him look like a character whose ownership is in question), and then there's a kid named Christopher and there's Spawn about to fight a bunch of past characters.

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Never bought an issue I was never big into comics i only started going to comic shops for DW TF stuff when that ended I got into the Ultimate TPB stuff(Spidey, X men, Ultimates).

Whats wrong with the pacing of Ultimate Spiderman? I have seen it knocked a couple of places now. I love that book i got caught up and now i just have to finish the silver sable arc.