Does anybody like the TFAnimated animation???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Sep 20, 2011.

?

Do you like the animation in TFAnimated

1. Yes

80.4%
  2. No

19.6%
  1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I mean the designs more than anything. I for one didn't like it at first. I'd say after the 2nd season, I became a fan of it though. I think it kind of fits the series

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I didn't dislike it when I first saw it. I merely thought it looked odd and not bad. When I first saw the animation on-screen, I fell in love with it.

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was strongly against it when I saw the first clips/images of it. It was completely different from what we've seen in prior installments of Transformers, but as time went on and I watched the first few episodes the animation is a key aspect to what made it great.

TFA definitely reinvented what the Transformers brand has done in the past. I would say it was a risk to go with that particular style but it paid off and separated itself from prior series.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Are we talking about the actual animation itself, or simply the design style & aesthetic?

Animation wise, it was one of the best current shows on TV compared to a lot of the watered down DIY looking stuff we see. Nice thick, vibrant & saturated colors.

As for the design style, I didn't like it at first but quickly grew to love it. More so in toy form than in animation, though.

5. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never 100% liked the art style but it worked with a few characters like Megatron,Swindle, and Shockwave.I can give it credit that it gives the show a distinctive look that won't confuse anyone that it's another show.

6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I was ok with the animation in Transformers: Animated since it went very well with the feel of the show. However, I greatly prefer the animation in Transformers: Prime. I just absolutely love Transformers in CGI.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I must admit, when I first got wind of the Teen Titan animation look for the Transformers, I was pissed. I swore up and down that this was going to be the end of the Transformers—I refused to watch the show.

If it weren't for these forums here, I most likely never would have given the show a chance. Too many people here spoke highly of the show. I had to give it a chance, but as I've been burned before by public opinion, I ordered only the three part episode DVD set from Amazon.com. Luckily, I wasn't disappointed.

The animation definitely grew on me, but I think it was because of the story and toys that made that happen. I never thought Hasbro would be able to pull off Teen Titan likeness in both toys and cartoons, and we all know how that turned out.

I miss the show to this day, but I like Transformers: Prime too much to complain much more about its cancelation.

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yep. the actual animation could be spotty at times, but most of the time it was great. if we're talking about the designs used in the animation, absolutely. I love Animated's art style.

9. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I feel the opposite. I was never really a fan of the Animated style (though I think Wyatt's a great guy), but I understood that the style would make for pretty good animation (just like Teen Titans) and it did deliver in that department, so I bore it no ill will (I didn't buy most of the toys, though). Plus, the writing and the great homages made up for anything I might not have otherwise liked.

10. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

No, the animation was the reason I refused to watch it for years till now. The mega chins are also a turn off.

11. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I've never cared for the animation style at all. Some of the stories were interesting and that's why I tolerated it.

12. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't very fond of it when I saw the (comic-con?) leaked trailer for it but after watching the series premiere, I kinda overlooked the animation for the good story and great voice acting and I guess I grew to like it for that reason.

13. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I didn't like the designs at first, but when the show started I started to love them. Animated is by far my favorite series and I think the animation is perfect for it.

14. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For the style, I was interested the moment I saw the aesthetics, but I thought it was a publicity stunt to jump on the Teen Titans bandwagon. I fell in love with it after watching the premiere episodes, however. It still remains among my favorite Transformers aesthetics.

For the actual animation, it could be a bit choppy at times, but I also noticed they improved greatly as the episodes went along. In season 2, it was pretty good stuff.

15. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The "less complex" animation made for an easier-showing. Three or four studios could work on it and you'd barely be able to tell the differences - except in the episode where the Autobots are in Soundwave's "dream land" and their fighting Megatron and Optimus Prime cuts off Megatron's arm. That entire animation sequence was the weakest of the entire series. Otherwise, I loved the look of the show.

16. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I didn't like the animation style, but I like the story.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought the style was completely unique for Transformers, and was nice as something new. I couldn't believe how well they made it translate into the toys.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm quite fond of it. It was a very unique and fresh aesthetic after the blockier look of the Unicron Trilogy and also stood apart from the highly-detailed and realistic designs of the Movie franchise.

I remember a lot of people being extremely butthurt about the animation style when the first images were leaked, though,

19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    So and so.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The animation itself was sub-par at times, but I didn't have issues with the style. Early on I was a little worried the show might be done in a flattened 'Flash cutout' style, so I'm glad that wasn't the case. If only the rest of the series was of similar quality to "Home is where the Spark is".

One thing that bugged me a bit was lip-sync animation was always half-assed through the whole series. I'm thinking that might have been an intentional choice so dubbing to other languages wouldn't look significantly worse than it does in English, but it's still annoying when the dialog is presumably recorded before the animation is done.