Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by deathsheadx, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I didn't used to be a fan of the Graham Williams era at all, but in recent years I find that I enjoy it more and more. We've really got three distinct eras during Tom Baker's seven years, and I appreciate the lighter touch he brought to the show.

Nice. :thumb 

2. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I think the quality was less consistent in comparison to the Hinchcliffe years but there were still some great stories in that time, particularly the 2 completed stories from Douglas Adams who's influence on the humor helped bring the best out of Tom at a time when he was very difficult behind the scenes.

The Troughton bio is really good, it's great learning about his life in general even though his time as the Doctor is the main area of intrest.

During WW2 he was in the Navy and commanded a small patrol vessel that came under fire several times and also rescued several people from downed aircraft or boats that were victim to German torpedoes....so he was something of a hero long before he played the Doctor.

3. Christian Prime

Christian Prime SF Ibuki & Makoto Fanboy!

I pretty much like it. :)  But I might have to delay in listening to the rest with maybe another title if things with my flight back to Amsterdam don't go well. =.=

Loved the Venusian Lullaby bit though, pretty much on how the Third Doctor got to learn to hum like that. ^_^

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    RE: Previous toy references :

So they going to do a Topless Jo variant figure to drape off your Dalek toys then ?

(kidding)

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I hope not. Nobody needs that.

6. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

:lol 

It's bad enough CO released Donna without including a bag to put over her head so they'd have to be particularly evil to inflict that upon us.

7. Hosta

Hosta Banned

btw i'd love to see a better Dr Who videogame come out at some point in time for games consoles! because The Eternity Clock was rather lacklustre at best, mind you....the Adventure Games that you can download from the BBC website were far better but only restricted to PCs & never came out for games consoles.

8. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I remember seeing an interview with the developers of the Lego games and one of their guys said they'd love to add Doctor Who to their roster but Lego didn't think the license was big enough for them.

Which is a shame as I think the Lego game format would be the perfect way to cater to fans of all eras.

Big Finish have another offer on this weekend,
    50% Weekend Special Offer - News - Big Finish

I went for "The First Sontarans"

9. Christian Prime

Got myself a copy of Love & War on CD today including a DVD of Ambassadors of Death.
    Will have to watch & listen to them when I come back from holiday.

10. Hosta

Hosta Banned

it is a shame.......seeing as there's Lego(as well as the Character Building Sets) Dr Who out already
    dr who 4 jepeg.jpg

strange how they can licence this, but not a game

11. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    How can the longest running Sci-Fi series of all time not be big enough for anything, especially considering it has a fan base large enough to support it for half a Century? :banghead: 

I'd love a LEGO Tardis & a LEGO Doctor Who game. It'd probably be the only way everyone can agree including every Regeneration is a good idea! I love all the LEGO Games I have (LEGO Star Wars 1-3 & LEGO Batman; I haven't had the oppertunity/ disposable income to get the others).

I'm looking forward to LEGO Marvel. I'm hoping for a LEGO Back to the Future, now that we know the Delorean won the Cuusoo competition. I'd also like to see a LEGO TMNT game (since they do have sets now), & I'm hoping Portal wins the next Cuusoo & that leads to a LEGO Portal game! (possibly the only way I'll manage to get Portal)

It's hard to believe all the LEGO games have done so well! I haven't played one yet that wasn't extraordinarily fun. Though, Sith are more fun to play that Batman.

*edit* Posting when this went up:

I didn't know about THAT! I suppose it's UK only? :mad  :banghead: 

12. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but that's a custom.

13. Hosta

Hosta Banned

even if that's the case.....The Character Building Sets are the real deal.

14. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Erm okay? I'm well aware of that, but that has nothing to do with Lego licensing anything. Character Building is just an off-shoot of the mainline Doctor Who toys, even if it is lego-esque.

15. Christian Prime

Ok, I might have left my copy of Love & War behind at my Uncle's home so I cannot listen to it til I get to know of I did leave it. :( 

Edit: Found the cd now. :D 
    I had out misplaced in one of my spare bags and put in with the foods luggage case. *0*

16. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Damn it. The front page still shows the sale, but the stories are back to full price.

17. MagnusPrimal

If I buy a download from the Big Finish site, will I be able to burn it to a blank CD? And or transfer it to my iPhone?
    I've not done this before, so I'm not certain how that works.

18. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yes there is no DRM.

19. MagnusPrimal

Yeah, I'm an idiot, but... DRM?

20. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Digital Rights Management. It's "anti-piracy" software included in Media that screws w/ those who actually paid for it, but has yet to even deter pirating in any significant way.

There are different kinds of DRM, which affect paying customers differently. Some just restrict it to one device, but some require a constant internet connection to even use the disc/ software (that's mostly for games from certain companies).

There are reports of people turning to pirating things they actually paid for to get a DRM-free copy, so they can actually watch/ play what they paid for on the devices they want to or for when their internet is down.