Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by deathsheadx, Apr 5, 2008.

1. HellsJester

HellsJester Active Member

I've been re-watching NuWho on Netflix lately, and I noticed something odd that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere.

In "The Doctor's Daughter", they made a point of showing the mark the cloning device made on The Doctor's hand when creating Jenny, and the mark looks the same as the one on the empty people from "The Empty Child".
    Was this ever explained in any interviews or commentary?

2. Seeker7

Seeker7 Well-Known Member

Who here likes the re showing of the face made out of stars in the new intro?

3. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Nice haul!

My next Who recievings should be "The Auntie Matter" audio and the "3 Doctors" figure set which is supposed to ship on the 11th.

I've been continuing through the "Lost In Time" set and watched the remaining part of "The Celestial Toymaker" last night. I spent the duration wondering where I'd seen the Toymaker before....turns out it was Michael Gough who played Alfred in the Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher Batman movies.

Fun fact = Michael Gough was briefly married to Anneke Wills who played Polly.

I've also been going through the "Blake's 7" Liberator Chronicles again in readiness for the first full cast story "Warship" next month....it'll be great to hear the surviving cast members together again.

4. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yes should be awesome. A 5 doctors with Tom Baker this time.

6. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

I had to pause the video to make sure I saw that correctly. Someone broke it down that the new intro has elements from every intro, from the photos to the spinning globe.

I haven't been this excited about DW in ages. Clara looks like she'll be an awesome new companion, and it looks like they're putting a lot of effort into the 50th anniversary material (including the new book from IDW).

7. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I'm so pleased about it that I'll even tolerate the presence of Davison :D 

I have complete faith in Big Finish, it's bound to be a bit of a clusterfuck just as all previous multi-Doctor stories are but hearing Tom interacting with the others will be worth the price of the set alone.

I predict a clash of egos with 4 & 6 and 7 will likely play the others off against each other for his own ends.

I'm very intrested in how they intend to include 1-3 and some of the characters who's performers are no longer with us....some kind of audio clip from TV or previous audios is the most likely option.

8. Hosta

Hosta Banned

i recently got series 6 & 7part 1 on DVD, & series 5 should be arriving sometime this week, after ordering it off of Ebay, i also bought The End Of Time & Runaway Bride, which i got fairly cheap in the shops, seeing as it's the January sales

9. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Actually one of my favorite Doctor crossovers was Peri and the Piscon Paradox. The 2nd part with the 6th doctor was hilarious, the only way it could be better was if Davidson actually did his voice. But it was a companion chronicle, so we were lucky to get Colin to do the 6th.
    Basically
    Peri meets her future self when she was with the 5th doctor, but after the trial of a time lord, it's different than what 6th knows happened so he goes to investigate. Well by accident the 6th Doctor gets the monster they were trying to stop killed before they meet it, so he puts on a costume and impersonates it. He keeps making threats and trying to get the 5th to "Kill him"(Long story), and the 5th keeps coming up with amicable solutions. " And it's driving the 6th nuts. "He's just too nice!" And we find out a few more interesting facts about the trial of a time lord.

11. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I liked it too, it's a great example of Big Finish taking a character that wasn't written very well on TV and making them intresting.

I watched the "More Than 30 Years In The TARDIS" documentary a couple of days ago and loved it.

The highlights for me were,

Clips of an interview that Patrick Troughton did in 1973.

The Jon Pertwee interviews....it was great to see him talking about the show.

Elisabeth Sladen talking about the show with her daughter Sadie sat next to her wearing a replica of her Mom's costume from "The Hand of Fear".... Sadie is now an actress herself and in my Who she'd be the companion alongside Sean Pertwee as the Doctor.

The "Remembering Nicholas Courtney" feature that's been added to this DVD release is the best extra 2entertain have done and a fitting tribute to the man who brought the Brigadier to life.

Mixed in with old interview and episode clips is an interview shot in 2010 and Nick seemed in good spirits so the cancer must have taken it's toll very quickly in the months that followed :( 

During the interview a familiar face appears at a window holding a sign saying "Where's the Brig?"....it's Tom :lol 

So there's some nice footage of the two having a laugh about old times and it's hard not to get a bit emotional especially when the clip from SJA where Sarah Jane hugs the Brigadier is shown as they both passed within a few months of each other.

The 50th Anniversary won't be quite the same without them but Big Finish have hinted at featuring characters who's performers are no longer with us in their story so they'll likely be there in spirit.

12. Hosta

Hosta Banned

David Tennant was on Johnathan Ross recently....but he remained tight lipped about anything to do with the 50th! we all can but hope, that he's part of it

13. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

I think it's pretty much a given that he'll be back, he's been a fan since he was a kid and the BBC are hardly likely to pass up the chance to let the most popular modern Doctor have one more appearance as it'll be good for ratings.

I cannot stand his version of the Doctor or to be more specific, how he was written but I wouldn't begrudge his fans one more appearance as it's not like I'll even be watching whatever the BBC does for the 50th.

14. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if Big Finish are doing a multi doctor audio does that mean the 50th anniversary episode will or won't be multi doctor?

15. Sslaxx

Sslaxx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They're not allowed to do similar things that the show is currently doing, so... the 50th TV shows will probably not be multi-Doctor.

16. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

17. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Another old Third Doctor picture.

Attached Files:

18. Hosta

Hosta Banned

does anyone know when the 2nd half of season 7 will be starting?

19. bcm77

bcm77 Not A Proper Fan.

Nice!

As a fellow fan of the Pertwee era I think you may like these,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    So the new season part was at my local walmart recentely, when i came back by to pick it up everysingle copy was gone, thats amazing when you live in the deep south, where everyone hates that kinda stuff, literaly