Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by deathsheadx, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

I really wish Craig wasn't just BS'ing about that scrapped musical intro leaking onto the Net. If Matt was actually in it, I bet it was beyond hilarious. I want to see it!

2. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Yeah, I was quite disappointed to not find it on youtube...yet

3. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    That's a major spoiler?

5. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and during one scene you see that along with the above stated this:
    Rory in his Roman Soldier Uniform; presumably being the Nestene Duplicate Rory from "The Pandorica Opens" & "The Big Bang"

6. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    Or they're just wearing their favourite fancy dress costumes. It is Christmas after all.

7. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Awesome. Today's the Doctor's birthday. I should watch some old Who today to celebrate it.

8. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

"An Unearthly Child" would be fitting.

I watched "Survival" for the first time over the weekend to complete my viewing of the last series of the original run and it seems that things were being turned round in terms of quality but the damage had already been done in the previous 2 or 3 years and it was too little too late.

I would have liked to have seen how things would have gone for the series during the 80's had McCoy been the one to replace Tom as despite all the crap he had to work with and all the behind the scenes stuff that he had no control over I think he was very, very good.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    If you want to see what would have happened I recommend the audio dramas. Since they don't have to budget for special effects, you get much better and broader stories.

10. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm currently on episode 3 of The Chase. This is one of very few classic Who stories I have yet to see. The concept is cool. 2 Time Machines chasing each other through all of time and space. And of course there's the Daleks, which is what prompted me to choose this one to watch, so that's always a plus. It's a fun story for being a piece of television made in 1965. Though that guy they met in America was really annoying: "They dunnit again!" I was really disappointed that the Dalek chose not to kill that guy.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The Chase is not very good. It has some amusing bits, but you can tell that it was just a bunch of loose ideas tossed together.

Also, that guy on the Empire State building that you hate so much? That's the guy that plays Steven.

12. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    I love it for the Mechanoids. Those last few episodes were one of the main things that drew me into Dr Who, especially the Dalek/Mechanoid battle.

My Dad has the audio of episode 6 on vinyl somewhere. Used to listen the hell out of it as a kid.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The last two episodes were definitely the best part, but the stuff that led up to them was mostly just a bunch of random stuff that didn't really do much other than fill time. I think the haunted house thing was probably the biggest example of that.

Although I did love the robot duplicate of the Doctor that was clearly played by someone who didn't especially resemble William Hartnell.

14. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    Definitely, but as far as light-hearted Dr Who fun goes I think its one of the better examples.

15. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

The audios are something I'd like to get into at some point but most of my spare cash goes on CO figures or TF's so I might have to ask for them as birthday or Christmas presents.

I got a newsletter from the local fangroup today and it looks like they'll be getting Frazer Hines as a future guest!

He did a one man show in my area recently and the guys that run the fangroup spoke to him afterwards and he said he'd be happy to come along when his schedule allows for it :rock 

February's guest is Jacqueline Pearce who was in a story with Colin Baker but is best known for playing the main baddie in "Blake's 7" a show that I hold in similar esteem to Doctor Who from the same time period.

16. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Blake's 7 and the sixth Doctor seemed to cross over often. With Colin Baker being in an episode of B7 and Pearce and Paul Darrow both being in 6th Doctor stories.

Also, Switchblade, I've never seen any Doctor Who with Steven in it, so I wouldn't have recognized him as the actor on the Empire State Building. Is Steven a more likable character than that guy?

17. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With episodes one and two of Series 6 of "Doctor Who" Steven Moffat has created the best monster since the Weeping Angels," said Matt Smith. "Actually, it's better than the Angels. You want to see it, it's the most hideous thing in the world! It's so clever and part of a big story arc which harks back to Series 5."

On Series 6, Karen Gillan revealed that the episodes they are filming now has "the best monster" yet and it beats her previous favorites The Weeping Angels.

The coolest and possibly the scariest new "Doctor Who" monster in years. "I really, really truly believe that. They are quite terrifying. I worry for the sanity of some of our fans. I worry for our own sanity! They are properly scary. They are really going to make the Weeping Angels look like a bunch of stuffy old statues."

Series 6 Has Terrifying New Monster | Doctor Who TV

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'll judge it when I see it.

19. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    As long as it wasn't designed by a schoolchild.

20. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I was talking with a buddy about this and he said he remembered reading somewhere that a crossover episode where the crew of the Liberator came up against the Daleks & met the Doctor was talked about at one point but nothing ever came of it.

Would have been awesome had it happened in the first couple of years of B7 as Tom was still the Doctor.........there'd have been some awesome exhanges between him & Avon.

It's somewhat disturbing to see the Moff getting his leads to use the same kind of hype tactics for his new creations as his predecessor, the big difference being of course that he might actually deliver on it :D