Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by deathsheadx, Apr 5, 2008.

1. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

That's also the impression I've got.

If another multi Doctor story gets made I'd love to see him, Paul McGann and Christopher Eccleston alongside Matt Smith.

2. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All it would take to satisfy me

3. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

The recent revelation of a new costume for McGann could well indicate something is going on.

It seems a bit odd to make him a new costume & sonic screwdriver prop just for promotional images for the BF audios.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Well he has done a lot of them. So they might have done it so he'll keep doing them, but I'd love for him to have more than one visual appearance as the doctor on TV.

5. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I say they put McGann in a movie or two. Not another TV movie, but BBC keeps talking about wanting to make a theatrical Doctor Who film. Obviously the choice for The Doctor in a movie would be best in using the current Doctor on TV, but if it were like it were in the 60s, where Hartnell was too busy on TV to have time to do the movie thus having him recast by Peter Cushing, then they should use Paul McGann. Matt Smith would be allowed to continue to focus on the TV show and Paul McGann would get another televised adventure in the way of a film. And they could put the movie out in the timespan where the show is off season.

That's really unlikely though. So I'm going to say I'd just be satisfied with an 8th Doctor animated adventure at the very least, even if it were just animating the Big Finish audios.

6. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

That would be awesome, though I doubt Eccleston would come back. :(  Though it wouldn't be bad at all if it was a two Doctors kind of deal like Pertwee/Davison or Troughton/Baker. McGann and Smith together on the screen would be amazing.

Even if McGann never gets another live-action turn as the Doctor, his Doctor's books are awesome.

7. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Now that someone else is in charge I think the chances of Eccleston returning have improved significantly as his issues seemed to be with the working environment that RTD created.

If another multi-Doctor story does happen I'm concerned that it'll get turned into the David Tennant & Billie Piper Show with all the other Doctors and companions being made to seem less important.

In "Time Crash" the 5th Doctor became the butt of 10's jokes and were McCoy & McGann & Eccleston to return they'd deserve far better than that.

8. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In case you guys and gals haven't heard:

Early tomorrow, BBC America will air the entire 5th series/season of Doctor Who along with the extras from the series/season's recently released DVD/Blu-ray set!

Check you local listings for showtimes!

9. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Thankfully I think it would be less likely to turn to that given that Matt Smith has his own massive fan base now. The Tennant hype has died down a lot over the last year.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I just finished re-watching series 1 again and I've been reminded of what a good Doctor Eccleston really was. I don't expect to ever see him in the role again, though. I've always got the sense that he never had the love for the show or for the character that the other ten actors have had.

11. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
  12. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

In an interview he did to promote the John Lennon TV play he starred in recently the subject of his departure from Who arose and he said he loved being a hero figure to kids but left because he "felt uncomfortable with the working culture & environment" and he went on to say that had he stayed he would have had to abandon several personal principles which he wasn't prepared to do.

Judging from what people like John Barrowman have said he got on with people OK but he wasn't into the "family" atmosphere that RTD promoted and was more the type to turn up, get the job done and go home instead of hanging out with everyone before or after recording.

Which I can't really blame him for because if the bits I've seen of Confidential are anything to go by I wouldn't really want to hang around with that lot either.

13. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    That's the way I prefer to do my job as well. I don't really want to socialize or hang around after hours, I'm ready to go home and spend time with the family. I can't blame Eccleston if that's how he felt. So much waking time is already given to one's profession at the expense of family or personal time. Why give more?

14. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Maybe if RTD & co had been as professional about things as Eccleston the show would have been way better.

I watched the rest of "The Curse of Fenric" today and thought it was excellent especially the heated exchange beween the Doctor & Ace during part 3.

With one story to go I think series 26 seems like the last consistently decent series the show ever had.

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Count me in for those that would be more than happy to see a new multiple doctors story.

McCoy, McGann, Eccleston, Tennant and Smith. Keep the delightful Miss Gillan and have the story take place during the 11th Doctors time so we dont get more bloody Rose coming back.

Now Im sad that it will probably never happen :( 

16. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Surprise surprise. Christmas episode is called "A Christmas Carol" :p 

17. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

Just a quick reminder, or last minute heads up to those not in the know - Matt Smith will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson tonight. 12:35am EST/11:35pm CST. Daleks are also said to be in attendance, lol.

Here's the little Dalek intro Craig did for last night's show:

YouTube - Craig Ferguson 11/15/10A Late Late Show beginning

18. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

Yeah, I'm supposed to be watching that but instead I'm seeing some lame ass Seinfeld rerun! WTF?

19. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Craig Ferguson can get Matt Smith as a guest, let us PRAY (I repeat PRAY) that he can get Karen Gillan as one in the near future! :D 

20. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    ‎"Oh, are you Doctor Who? It's bigger on the inside!"
    :lol