doctor who 30/6/07

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wavelength, Jun 30, 2007.

1. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

going to watch it now

first off: im in ur forumz, stealin ur doctor who threadz
    i liked it. martha acting as a beacon of hope for the world, mentions like the fall of japan and the mini doctor was just so hard to take it seriously. the masters bitch was CRAZY. though it didn't make sense that a couple of guards with guns could take down the utopians wheras they had to electrocute one before? and i would of prefered it as the doctor lite ep instead of blink. maglite, the face of boe says they met only 3 times so that goes out the window really. i liked the jones slaves and how it brought francine and marthas dad together. i am sad to see martha go though

2. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

So Jack = Face of Boe? Didn't see that one coming.

3. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

That was fairly apalling. Complete tripe upto the last third, and then not really all that much better...

4. Aldude

Aldude Automorph

Meh, it was alright. I don't get why only the Axons and the Sea Devils were mentioned. they've had far far more memorable battles than that.
    Why did they have to kill him off?!? OK OK, i know he''s not dead, but still.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    More importantly, who picked up his ring?

Also, this is the third time they ruin a serious ending with something random, titanic coming crashing through the Tardis wall, WTF?

*Sigh* And now we have to meet a new assistant and their increasingly annoying family.....*sigh*

6. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I guessed it was the wife, and that she was part of an 'escape plan' for him...

7. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

What if his wife's the Rami but she doesn't know it yet and needs to be restored into a time lord via the ring?

8. ac77

ac77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. When you look at some of the fantastic stand out episodes this season - that was just terrible.

the "everyone on earth thing of the doctor" thing was pretty poor. I've seen that one used in loads of things over the years - it was shite then and it's shite now.

9. wavelength

the wife wasn't the rani, since itr was pretty much comfirmed to be human with the master mentioning taking her to the end of the universe and her becoming emo, though itr could be the chamelion arch again. but unless the titanic bit was important for next season like with wedding-chav last season, i am going to be pissed to say the least.

10. Aldude

Aldude Automorph

"I forgive you" - Spiderman 3 (I reckon RTD got wind of something there)
    And the burning of the Master - Star Wars? c'mon!
    It wasn't the best episode... in fact, it was pretty bad, but i knew you can't count on RTD for too long.

At least they tied up the Utopia storyline. It probably will be the Rani = Lucy Saxon. RTD isn't that unpredicatable.

11. Radaphyte

Radaphyte Sanity redefined.

A poor ending to a great season. Utopia and Sound of Drums I loved. This was just not even trying. What a waste.

And yeah, I think it was the masters wife who picked up his ring. Red seems her colour.

Overall it was poor use of every character, predictable and unimaginative story twists and the worst episode this season. There, I said it.

And I highly, highly doubt that she's the rani. She's a human companion of the master. Nothing more.

12. Aldude

Aldude Automorph

She seems more than meets the eye to me - she always did. and RTDs penchant for bringing back characters, I'm sticking with my conviction.

13. wavelength

even if she wasn't meant to be the rani in this episode, RTD can just use his chamealion arch again if he feels the urge to

14. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is agatha freeman or whatever her name is only contracted for one season? have she asked to leave?

it seems odd she would go, and yeh i thought most of the ep was drivvle

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Something tells me, first or second episode into next season, he'll get a call from her.
    Possibly at the end of the crimbo special, something is very wrong on earth.

16. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    She's signed on for at least part of next season.

17. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Why would the Master's wife shoot and kill him, and then take his ring after he was burned?
    I'm really sad about John Simm's Master being killed off, I was more on the edge of my seat about that than anything else. I was like; "Oh man, I really hope they don't kill him with that TimeLord killer gun!" or "Oh no I hope the Doctor doesn't kill him. Oh, he forgives him - good" then "Please Martha's mom, don't shoot!", and then it looked like Simm's Master would survive. Then The Doctor said he would take the Master as his companion and I thought - of this is way too good to be true, so it probably is. Then - BANG! - and I said aloud "DAMMIT!" I mean, even if I wasn't going to get my way and the Master was going to die, he could have at least died with a little more style.
    I know RTD left an opening for the Master to return at some point - but man, I was really liking Simm, he was only JUST introduced, and as he was working WITH the Doctor I was really feeling like we were getting good character development.
    I hope it's not like this every time the Master comes around - just a short time with each actor. I wanted someone to stick around for a little bit. I don't expect the Master to be in every episode, just every now and then, and when it's convenient for an actor. I dunno. I guess.
    Plus, he won't even really be pure Time Lord anymore. It looks like it's probably back to the possessing crap. They revived him, gave him a full regeneration cycle from the beginning, and blah - thrown out.

All this from the guy who thought the idea of reviving the Master after the TV Movie was crap.

18. ac77

ac77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know what that song was that was being played when the master was dancing around?

19. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    They could easily see Simms' Master back. Yes, it would take some convoluted storytelling (or maybe not, considering how they got him out of that black hole) but it could be done if they want to.

20. wavelength

it would of been much easiar for them to just have him teleport using marthas teleport watch. and i think martha is going to become a charecter similar to the brigader.