Do you want Bay back for TF6? (POLL)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chris James, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you want Bay back for TF6?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. No

61 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Hell no!

118 vote(s)
    54.6%
  4. Not sure....

17 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. IronTik

IronTik Active Member

I like the Bay films, honestly Transformers some what moved out of my life until the 07 film, and each one after that has refired up my love.
    That said I'd like to see him do ONE more and then move on.
    Perhaps even reboot the series.
    This world is easily as deep as Star Wars, there's no reason why they can't do a TON.

I think Marvel has proven you don't need to focus on Earth either. Guardians did a good job away from that location.

2. Hotrod94573

Hotrod94573 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jesus Christ no. 5 movies in and it's the same director, we need new, we need fresh.

3. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    If it's for TF6 (2018), then I'd vote Hell No, because it would mean going back on the promise of a new fresh director (Knight.)

If OP means TF7 (2019), which I think he does, then I vote No. There's nowhere to go from "Hell No!" I'd vote Uwe Bowel as a Hell No! That puts Bay and Bowel on even odds for TF7.. that can't be right!? :lol 

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

HELL NO! A new director is long overdue, to the point that it will take a lot to get me to even bother watching the next main TF film, even if it does have a new director.

Oh god, no. Can we get someone with the slightest amount of originality?

5. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

I’ve always been curious if Bay ever even looked into rest of the franchise. Like G1, the comics, etc…Or if the writers would just throw out characters names/personalities/ and old plot points and he went ‘yeah that sound cool’

I don’t think the next director has to have complete Transformers knowledge, but I think they should have an understanding of where these characters came from and why exactly we like and enjoy them so much.

6. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I
    i agree. Becos bay and Jj are friends and JJ owns Paramounr a movie...he bailed on Star Trek and that ship sank with Star Trek beyond

7. Miyaren

News Credits:
    While people might cringe at JJ and I am not a fan, the key is now public perception. It would be a huge positive spin for Paramounr to get the director of sw7 as opposed to Bay again
    Bay has do something else like 13 hours that makes him viewed more positively. Actually if he did bad boys 3 people would like him again automatically. Then he can come back to tf for a spin off...

8. darkus Maximus34

darkus Maximus34 One shall DIE,one shall FLY

the only jj Abrams movie that lacks originality is the force awakens

9. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 imagine spending more to have your toys do less

News Credits:
    I voted no. Bay doesn't necessarily have to go (he can stay on as advisor/some other ranking), but I think his direction should take a backseat and allow somebody else the chance to shine. I feel like some of the cooler characters could not have happened without Bay, but I think the personality and tone could change drastically for the better with his lesser involvement

10. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would anyone want him back?.. I want an actual transformers movie, not a human movie with robot set dressing.

11. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Tell that to Star Trek 12: New Khan, Same Wrath.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Miyaren

News Credits:
    U got that with aoe. As much as real life budgeting will allow

13. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    That's not the case at all. It was still mostly humans with robots here and there.

14. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's pretty much how I feel.

I honestly don't have strong feelings towards Bay coming back or not(I'd still vote no), but from a PR standpoint this franchise won't be able to survive another Bay directed installment.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Patron saint of lost causes

Pretty much this.

Has he made that elephant documentary he wanted to do yet? I haven't heard anything about it ever since he first talked about it.

I'd definitely love to see what other kind of content Michael could come up with on his own... that isn't related to Transformers. He's a great director, IMO, I just think it's time for him to step down from Transformers. I've heard many good things about many movies he did before he started with the TF franchise, and I loved three out of the five TF movies he's done, so I hope he can move on to something more suited to him.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Miyaren

News Credits:
    At least the final battle is all tf v tf with 20 percent Cade as opposed to 80 percent military in tlk

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    The fact the movies have succeeded this long and it took the fifth movie for the camel's back to break financially suggests that audiences aren't tired of Transformers, they're tired of Bay's Transformers. I wish he could've left at least after AOE. It's time for this Jedi's time to end.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Timothy.R

News Credits:
    Is it though?.. the driving in the car, the cade fight, the glass box, driving in the truck, cade fighting lockdown.. I definitely didn't see it as 80% robots vs robots.

19. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys let be clear about this....

For 10 years, the movies have stuck to him as the auteur. Now we see that disinterest in his direction that you be like, "Paramount, it's time to move on..."

He's not that bad of a director by the way. It's just that the series has been lacking fresh direction. We see franchises like F&F, Mission Impossible etc move on because different people have come on board to breath some form of new life. So it's clear Transformers cannot stick to the same style over and over.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    At first I thought it was a problem with Ehren Kruger since the series went downhill when he joined for ROTF. And tbh, I enjoyed AOE more than others. So much so that I actually wanted Bay to come back for TF5 as long as Kruger wasn't. So when I heard that he wasn't returning, I got excited. Then when I heard the writer for Iron Man 1 was attached, I got even more excited. But of course, after TLK's release, I realize more than ever that the problem lies with Michael Bay. So no, I don't want him to return.