Do you think you will ever outgrow Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defectobot

Defectobot Member

The story and the toys as a whole have kept me interested enough over the years to always come back to collecting or thinking about how much I love the story, even when I feel like I may be losing interest. I love having the collection I always wanted as a kid these days as an adult where I can afford to do so. Mid life crisis just isn't what I think of when I get on a major TF surge. It's a fun hobby with great fans/friends to talk with about it whenever you go online or drive around with your faction symbols and bobble heads drawing attention from other fans.

The greatest part of being a Transfan is knowing that you are not alone by any means. There's always someone out there with similar interests as yours to get you excited all over again when you talk with them. From games, books, movies, cartoons, toys and many other branches of the Transformers you cannot possibly avoid it as the years go by. Once you're a fan, you're always a fan, and there's nothing wrong with that.

I could think of lots of ways to spend my money that would get me nothing in return like the feeling I get from Transformers. When you feel like it's your "darkest hour" just sit back and look at your prized collection and think about all of the other fans out there that are good people like yourself and be happy that you've spent time and money on Transformers and what you have to show for it.

2. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

How would I outgrow stories? That's what interests me, far more than any of the toys...

To a large extent, official fiction doesn't hugely interest me. Not TV stuff, anyway. Didn't have much interest in most Dreamwave comics. The new comics look to be more interesting.

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I can not see myself getting out of TFs. I have no plans on getting married, so no nagging wife to tell me to get rid of my TFs. Because of this my answer is no.

4. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

im 18,do i think i will grow out of it ...........nnnnn nope. Hope to find a girl friend that has the same pasion for tf as i do :D ......but im not goin to hold my breath :( 

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I would hope I dont outgrow them now, but as I get older I intend to become a serious collector, but at the moment, it's Parents really trying to force me to grow out of them, or get all of them and give them away or sell them.

6. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

its a shame your parents cant just accept what you like.

7. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I pray that the day never comes that i grow up :D 

8. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

When the Transformers G1 finished in Australia I too was starting to loose faith in them but something told me to get back into Transformers so I was searching for video's at the time and I found a few then I started to watch the latter half of Armada then Energon came on and I tape a the whole series then Cybertron came up and I started to do more taping, then I thought to type my versions of both Energon and Cybertron and now I have the G1, Energon on tape[video] Cybertron on DVD and Beast Wars also on DVD, also have the original G1 Movie on DVD and now the film

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Never! [/optimus]

10. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Outgrow collecting ? yes, but I'll never outgrow TF as universe.

11. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You seem to be posting only in very old threads....

I found my post in this thread, posted in January 2006, and there I worry about my son outgrow Transformers. After almost 2 years, it seems he has, sadly. But I am still here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.