Do you think we'll ever get a perfect release of RotF leader Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Datsun87, Jan 11, 2015.

?

Do you think we'll see RotF leader Prime again?

1. Of course though only as a reissue (Buster, APS-01, Jetwing, etc)

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Yes this time retooled to have all of the Striker, Buster, and Jetwing components

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. No, have fun with aftermarket prices

29 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

I agree with Hasbro never approaching the mold again but I was thinking of maybe a special 10 year anniversary release from Takara or something of the like.

2. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    To me, this version is the perfect version. Has the abdomen of the first two movies, with the accurate paint job and the mouth plate. Not that I wouldn't love a version with all the DotM trimmings, and the ability to wear the jetpack, but I have more of an attachment to the first movie design. I've got the original Buster with the white stripes, and when I try not to think about it, I'm perfectly fine with him.

...Although damn it if I really don't want the blue stripes. :cry 

3. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I kind of get the feeling Takara has even less of a market for it than Hasbro does, and would likely only reissue one of the larger movie Primes that's based on his AoE appearance. (or whatever he looks like in TF5)

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nope.

Because this mold isn't perfect, it's overrated.

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I think so. It may come out right before Takara makes a better version of AoE Optimus

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Buster though in the ROTF line was like an MP version of prime from the 1st movie(only one cannon unlike ROTF where he had dual cannons). Always regretted not picking that figure up. I have Jetwing prime and love that buster cannon. Wish it the figure had silver paint though, Takara put it on the wings instead!

Japanese Striker is awesome I love the darker deco! That's why I prefer it over the APS release(though it was cool the latter came with the formerly TRU exclusive swords).

7. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Not even the current design team can transform ROTF leader Prime.

So no.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That's the version I have, although I'd almost prefer to trade with you and have the original Buster, because I'm one of the few people who'd rather not have the faceplate.

The premium paint job is just about the most important part, imo.

That Jetwing is ugly and cheap-looking as hell. It's the furthest away from perfect there is.

Yeah, me too.

9. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    DA-28 Striker Prime with the FWI-4 DOTM Jetwing upgrade kit = perfection. I also own Takara Jetwing Prime (birthmas present from the missus) and it's a great figure and fun toy still, even if it's not screen accurate.

10. Datsun87

11. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    To make this mold perfect, they need to eliminate the sound/light gimmick and shrink its backpack.

12. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    I wish, but with hasbros obsession with simplicity now, I'd say we're just dreaming.

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, what bizarre timing for this thread...

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Oh I thought it was a response thread! :lol 

I'm very curious about this release. Striker is my favorite of these Primes, and I even sprung for the exclusive blades. I came into a 3P version of the Jetwing accessories for cheap, so there's not really anything missing there.

And yet...part of me has always wanted to try out that Buster gun. I've never so much as handled it, because I could never justify buying a whole premium figure just to fool around with his gun. I'm led to understand that incorporating the Buster tanks would disable some of the "Stealth Force" features of Striker, which were a big draw for me. But for a "definitive" release like this they might not want to favor a toy-only mode, and the jetpack makes truck mode seem pretty tech-y anyway.

I kind of suspect that this is essentially a re-release of Jetwing Prime in Striker-ish uber-premium deco. If they toss in the blades, that would still qualify as "loaded with accessories." I know it says "Ultimate" but I don't know how much they can or would really mix-and-match bits. Still, just the faceplate-less head and the deco make it a unique release.

My trouble is that I don't love the no-faceplate head enough, and I hate the giant Jetwing guns. Also, at a certain point the accessories start to become annoying instead of awesome, because the mold's only got the two hands and hardly any 5 mm ports. So I have a hard time seeing myself replacing Striker with it, and similarly I have a hard time seeing myself supplementing Striker with it.

But, y'know. Curious.

15. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Try KO Buster and Striker. They're going for 50 shipped on ebay. Decent quality for the price.

16. Datsun87

I know right? Best TF news for me so far this year as I'm not sold on CW and I don't care for Tracks as the all-but-confirmed next MP.

The buster is great but it isn't that screen accurate so the Striker guns get my vote for a "definitive" movie Prime rifle. Also the transformation of the Buster tanks isn't what makes them incompatible with the Striker set, it's the small ringed slots at the end of the tanks. U.F.O actually made a KO Buster compatible with the Striker set but QC was all over the place because the tolerances were so tight. Likewise Cubex made a set of screen accurate Dual Busters (one from each tank) but the build wasn't the greatest.

As far as completed weapon sets went, I always loved U.F.O's Annual Trailer:

[​IMG]

That will go perfectly with APS-01U :D