Do you think we'll ever get a perfect release of RotF leader Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Datsun87, Jan 11, 2015.

?

Do you think we'll see RotF leader Prime again?

1. Of course though only as a reissue (Buster, APS-01, Jetwing, etc)

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. Yes this time retooled to have all of the Striker, Buster, and Jetwing components

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. No, have fun with aftermarket prices

29 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

Given the sheer popularity of the original Trilogy Optimus, we are bound to see the RotF leader mold released again sometime down the line. When that time comes, do you think it'll be a normal reissue of one of the various retools (Buster, Striker, and Jetwing) or do you think we may finally get a "perfect" retool that combines the best features of all 3?

2. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    i'm still waiting on a G1 repaint of the mold...

3. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    We'll probably get a garishly painted "Year of the" release

4. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Considering ROTF Optimus is the very opposite of what Hasbro wants out of its brand, (being very complex vs. being very simple) probably not. Even if they did, it'd be a TRU exclusive and likely steadily rise in price.

5. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Buster prime is already the perfect release, and I'm not sure much more could be done to improve upon it, and certainly can't think of anything the other releases did better

6. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

While Buster is easily one of the greatest Transformers ever produced from HasTak, the argument can also be made for APS-01 as well. The flip out blades from Buster hinder articulation when not deployed and don't look as imposing or large as the hand held blades of APS-01.

That and both Primes look 100x better with the various U.F.O, Cubex, and FWI add ons. The U.F.O. articulated hands and weapons array trailer, FWI screen accurate flight packs (both RotF and DotM), and Cubex dual busters make either Prime MP quality.

7. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too expensive more than likely to rerelease.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Hasbro will never release a perfect one, that's for dang sure.

Whether Takara ends up doing one at some point in the future is another question, but now that movie Optimus no longer looks anything like that, I kind of doubt it.

9. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Wow I had no idea how ridiculous the prices had gotten for these. $400+ for APS prime, wtf.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I can see it happening but not for a while. Maybe an anniversary release using the Striker body with the Buster Optimus fuel tanks/gun and possibly new weapons/accessories like his axe and hand held swords(facing upright) from DOTM.

11. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

My Buster Prime is misb but I have a regular Hasbro leader in UFO Jetfire armor and I actually like the flip out blades way better. I also have the Striker Prime but I think the hand held blades look really dumb. Maybe they'd be better if he could hold them as swords like he did in dotm but holding them the way he does in his hands I'm not a huge fan of.

I think the perfect Prime IMO (not counting the add-ons) would be the Asia Striker with the nicely painted flip out blades that Buster has.

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I very much doubt we'll see any sort of retool in the foreseeable future, however it's possible one version of it will be repainted in the Asian Premium Series.

13. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i HIGHLY doubt we'll see a remold.. and hasbro (america) will NEVER EVER EVER release anything that looks close to buster prime..

the best paint job this mold was ever given was the version that was released as a two pack with jetfire. that's definitely the best version since it has the accurate lighter blue pin striping. i wish i picked up that version, but i'm happy with buster prime in alt mode with DMK01 for robot mode.

DBarricade is absolutely right, something like this is the absolute opposite direction hasbro is heading. that mold has solid articulation, a great transformation, and most importantly, isn't light and hollow.

that mold truly is incredible. i really wish the engineering has progressed since then, but it hasn't, it's majorly regressed. and if they ever released the mold again, they'd probably cut out the electronics and use much cheaper plastic.

as for the blades on the mold.. the first thing i did when i bought the figure was take the blades off. at that point, prime hadn't ever used them in that position. so, not only did they hinder articulation, but they were inaccurate as well.

for my DMK prime, i just made makeshift handles that are attached to the ball joints so prime can hold the swords.

i think they REALLY missed out on an opportunity to make a really kick ass trailer for leader prime. they could've released striker prime with a transforming weapons bay trailer. like he had in the movie. but no, they released that ridiculous prime that combined with his trailer to look absolutely nothing like he did on screen.

why would you want a G1 repaint of movie prime?

for the first movie, i got suckered into picking up the G1 colored seekers.. but it just doesn't look right. they're not G1 and shouldn't be colored to look G1.

i love the leader ironhide and starscream molds, but them painted in their G1 colors doesn't appeal to me.

but hey, to each their own.

14. CrovaxNL

CrovaxNL Well-Known Member

I have the APS 01 version with some ufo addons and weapons. The only thing I don't like about the mold is the battery compartment. I wish they removed the electronics for the more exclusive versions and flattened the back a bit.

15. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I'd love a retool that fixes or completely removes the flip-out sword feature. It gets in the way and the figure could really do without it.

16. Transmetal

The flip out blades are BOSS! That's basically my only nitpick of the Asia Striker mold. Guess I'm the only guy who actually likes the blades, cool beans.

17. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    I think APS Striker is as good as it gets, combined with FWI and Cubex/UFO accessories.

18. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    It already exists: Jetwing Prime is Buster Prime (complete with Buster Cannon) minus the swords, he just lacks the premium paint job.

I love the swords, personally. To me the "perfect Prime" would simply be Buster Prime (preferably the Jetfire version with pin-stripes) that also comes with Striker Prime's guns alongside the Buster Cannon. I own every version of ROTF Leader Prime minus Striker and I still think Buster is the best. I love the transforming cannon to death and I really love the flip-out swords.

19. Transmetal

Striker Prime as the more accurate paint job IMO. Is also has pinstripes, they are blue, instead of the Buster's white ones.

[​IMG][​IMG]

20. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits: