Do you think we could ever get the perfect CHUG Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DocSeth81, Sep 16, 2016.

1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I've tried to explain this but a certain someone wasn't understanding it. Also:

New York Targets Illegal Sales of Toy Guns - Lawyers.com

In other words, Hasbro doesn't even want to mess with something like that in the largest, most populated city in the United States.

So, even RtS Legends Megatron will have to be some sort of neon color in order to sell in New York City.

2. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

To my knowledge, there is no U.S. federal law prohibiting the manufacture and/or sale of toys that look like guns.

There are U.S. federal regulations in place over the look/design of the toy guns to try to prevent people from being shot and/or killed while holding one.

There are U.S. states that have stepped in and made stricter state laws banning the sale of toys that in any way resemble an actual gun.

There are various and many groups that are openly against the production and/or sale of toy guns.

Between the states that have laws in place banning the sale of toy guns and the groups that would encourage public outcry against any toy that looked like a real gun, Hasbro has likely decided that production of an updated version of the P38 Megatron for the CHUG line for a limited market isn't worth the hassle and bad publicity.

It doesn't matter to me, though. I always hated Megatron as a gun, and much prefer him as a tank. UW Megatron is my perfect CHUG Megatron.

3. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

So I just found this thread and I don't feel like reading the 80+ posts that follow, so here's just my 2 cents over why the alleged "perfect" CHUG Megs shouldn't be a handgun.

CHUG is about modernized, updated looking reiterations of G1 characters. (At least, it was, before Titans Return) If you want a well-articulated, slavishly G1 Megatron, you're looking in the wrong place. Masterpiece is the line that values cartoon/toy accuracy. If you don't want to go with one of the various 3P Megs, there's probably an official V2 MP Megs down the pipeline. Yes, Classics Megatron did indeed move on from being a P-38 while still being a pistol, and he did turn out awesome, but he still turns into a gun that can't move. People also want Megatron to stay as a gun because it's symbolic of warfare. Both of these points are immediately remedied by making him a tank. If Megatron were a tank, he'd literally be a freaking moving gun without the issue of having to mass-shift or be wielded by someone else. And just because two or three tank Megatrons didn't turn out "perfect," (Though I thought the CW one was close) maybe another attempt will for someone.

Although on a completely different note, I'm glad the flying wing design is getting another shot, this time as a Voyager, even if only by 3P. That design was sexy.