Do you think time travel should be involved in The Last Knight?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TLP, Oct 31, 2016.

1. TLP

TLP Ain't No Chicken Wing

News Credits:
    I've noticed that seems to be the big answer to establishing a coherent "Hasbro Cinematic Universe" for a lot of people. What do you think?

2. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would not be opposed to it if they did in a way that it tied everything together nicely andnit made sense.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I wouldn't mind seeing it advance the plot, but I hate the idea of traveling back in time just to reset everything in the present. It feels like a cheap way out.

4. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    We need more news! The thread topics have hit rotation point!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Days of Future Past the franchise and soft-reboot it so the extended universe is fixed :p 

• Like Like x 1
  6. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It's as if we...traveled back in time ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

If it's simply a plot device, I think it would feel really out of place. I mean, despite the living alien robots, these films feel like standard military action films. I think they'd need to put a lot more focus on other heavy sci-fi concepts, and work their way up to time travel in another couple of films, at the soonest. However, if they used it as a way to just erase some of the crappier moments of the previous four films away, then sure. It would still feel out of place, but whatever's needed to fix these films.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Time travel wouldn't feel out of place because we've had so many other science fiction concepts used why not one more? It also wouldn't be the first time that time travel and Transformers have mixed since it's been used on cartoons and in comic books before. We've also had enough movies and TV shows with time travel that it is something the average ticket buyer is used to.

Although using it to reset things people might want to reset, erase things the studio would rather just erase, and all around fix things to set up a Hasbro cinematic universe is a lot trickier. Not impossible by any means but there are lots of hidden pit falls in we can use time travel to reboot without actually rebooting.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Temenos

Temenos No sacrifice, no victory

News Credits:
    I'm guessing this happens a lot when a Transformer film hits post-production?

The dark times!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I did hope for an "A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court"-type situation (which I still believe they SHOULD have done, because it would have been different and funny), but I guess that's not happening. Sure, there were pictures of knights, but from what we could tell, they were just filming flashback scenes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. I want alternate timelines where Decepticons had conquered the Earth or where Optimus Prime is evil. These are possible with time travel as a plot device. And as others have already said, they can also go to the direction of the X-Men movies (but I definitely don't want any Hasbro Cinematic Universe.)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  12. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Fine with me. As others mentioned above, alternate timelines, resetting the status quo, etc would be intriguing.

13. Megatronus the Fallen

Megatronus the Fallen The First Decepticon

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The storyline would have to be really convincing for there to be time travel. It's possible but VERY difficult to comprehend it in the Bayverse.

14. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Can someone please explain....How would time travel fix or provide coherent timelines? I'm not following how this could be a big fix

15. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek is hate, Shrek is Hell. Veteran

Only if it isn't used to reset the film events.

Seriously, I think a post-DOTM/AOE universe is far more interesting than a reset universe. There are still plenty of cool returning characters that will or can be used, like Optimus, Galvatron/Megatron, Barricade, the Pathetic Dirty Foursome, and Dinobots. Not to mention confirmed and rumored new characters like Onslaught, Hot Rod, the Creator, Sqweeks, Mini-Dinobots, and whoever else may appear in future films. Junkions? Cyclonus? Insecticons? Bludgeon? Beachcomber? Whirl? I could go on and on.

• Like Like x 2
  16. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing time travel can do for me is to bring back underused characters like Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave and Devastator.

17. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about less time travel, more time warp? Think less "Decepticon Raider," more "Dinobot Island." Want deceased characters back? Just open a time warp and yank them through from a point before they died. Seems simpler to explain and less likely to raise difficult questions like "how is the new timeline different?"

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind it if it all came together at the end like it did for Days of Future's Past and the Movies end up with the best of everything minus their weaker aspects.

• Like Like x 1