Do you think there's interest for Disney 6" figures?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by convoy84, Nov 3, 2016.

1. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if, due to Hasbro's relations with Disney, Marvel, et al., it would be reasonable for there to be a "Disney Legends" line of 6" figures. There are a lot of characters from Disney lore, animated or otherwise, that have yet to receive the proper toy treatment, IMO, such as:
    • The cast of Tron '82 (Spin Master already did 6" Legacy figures, and the face technology alone makes those cool)
    • Haunted Mansion ghosts (I really want Hitchhiking Ghosts figures)
    • Any number of Disney Animated charscters, since they mostly only make dolls for whatever the latest animated film is
    • Captain EO and his crew
    • Dreamfinder and Figment
    ...to name a few.

Would you be interested? What would you want to see?

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I think anything Disney will have some interest. I for one don't need a 6" Hasbro line just because there are already so many different Disney collectibles available and even though I buy Black Series and Marvel Legends, I kind of hate it everytime I do. I'm at the point where I won't pay the full $20+ for anything but my most wanted and hard to get figures from those lines.

Figma or SHF has been making some 6" Disney figures and if anything, I'd rather just see them expand those lines so we can get something of quality if we want 6" figures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Id think if there is a Disney Legends line, it would be a long time before they get to Tron.

I'd think Captain EO would have some legal issues with the Jackson estate unless you don't mind EO looking nothing like Jackson.

4. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    If there was a Disney Legends...

Well they'd start off by doing Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald. They'd probably even toss in their Princess as well, including some characters from their movies like The Beast, the Seven Dwarves, the Genie, and Aladdin, etc.
    Frozen would be an obvious way to make money quick.
    From there we'd probably start filling in with characters from Pixar (excluding Cars obviously), mostly from Toy Story though but with Finding Nemo being a close second probably.
    Only after making sure these sold well would they even consider branching out to their other properties, then'd we be starting to see Big Hero 6, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.

Oh and obviously we'd have a bunch of Mickey Mouses every wave or so cause God knows how many variants they'd get out of him.

Would I be interested in seeing this? Obviously not.
    Yet I'd obviously buy just about anything they did with Toy Story though. Heck they could release two versions of Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye with one based on their appearance in the TV Show in Toy Story 2 and I'd buy them.
    I'd probably buy certain characters from Pirates of the Caribbean.
    And I'd defiantly buy a Baymax and Stitch.

5. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I'd get a few, but as noted above, I'd rather they be figma of SHF as ML and the black series are like 80% there. Belle, Ariel, and...maybe Beast, Simba, Aladdin, and Genie would be my short list. Wall-E too probably.

6. Drangleic

Drangleic A funerary dirge for humanity

I'd only want the mountain demon guy from Fantasia. But that's weird and obscure and probably has a zero chance.

I'm more of a classic Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck guy than a Mickey and Donald.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If they can make at least a Big Hero 6 line in a ML style of features I'd be so down with that idea.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In a Big Hero 6 line, Baymax would be the Build a Figure.

9. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

There's a severe lack of Scrooge McDuck/Duck Tales merchandise on this damn planet, but I'm not sure a 6in line would be the answer to that particular problem...

10. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Yes to all of it.

A Canadian company called Think Way Toys produced a handful of 6 inch, articulated toys, based on some Pixar movies and started with a Mr Incredible that were decent, but they never really took off.

11. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

Chernabog! I love Fantasia, one of my favorite Disney animated movies.

Yes, a thousand times yes! DuckTales and Darkwing Duck were two of my favorite cartoons growing up, and along with The Real Ghostbusters, they're really the only ones that have held up now that I'm an adult. There's a new DuckTales show coming on in 2017, so it's a sure bet there'll be merchandise for that show. But maybe it'll spark some love for the classic show.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

There is only one thing I'd want.

Kingdom Hearts.

And I'm not talking from Square, charge massive prices for expensive import figures, Play Arts. I mean proper scaled and articulated figures based on Kingdom Hearts characters from someone like Bandai or even Hasbro. Anything to get better access to such figures.

13. Drangleic

Drangleic A funerary dirge for humanity

14. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

15. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I'd probably get them all. That's one of the few lines I can reasonably say I'd be a total completist with.

16. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

At 6 inch scale? Not sure if it works considering that a lot of Disney characters are a) short and b) not human. I can see it work for regular human characters, but for the rest they'll either be really small or upscaled but end up too big for other characters.

17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Any question of demand is purely academic unless it also addresses cost. The demand for free is infinite, toys that one must actually pay for are a different story.

I would not be interested in buying or selling Disney Legends.

18. algo448

algo448 Amateur Procrastinator

News Credits:
    It'd be nice, and probably has enough of a market what with Disney being all ages.
    At the very least, I'd love a Mulan action figure.

Wouldn't surprise me if it ended a exclusive like those Star Wars Elite figures, though.

That they did. I think Thinkway did Wall-E and Toy Story toylines too.
    Their Mr Incredible seemed cool, but their character selection was really weird, I don't think anybody was asking for a 6inch articulated Nemo...

19. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Uhh...no. Nobody would buy them, especially if they were like $20 or more. They'd just sit and collect dust.

20. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I agree. The price of them in Canada is 30 bucks. 35 for exclusives. It's almost time to wind it down. Probably why they started with some Legends that actually have desirability to them. They know it's the only way to keep selling them.
    I wouldn't buy Disney Legends figures. I'm already very selective with comic heroes and villains