Do you think the film was ready for release?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you think post-production was rushed?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I think most people who saw this found at least one thing visually that needed work for example. In addition, the editing, we can agree, needed work. The opening scenes for example which didn't have a clear transition of time. Plus, Arttinger (sp) talking to Lockdown cutting from widescreen to normal (artist choice).

Some visuals weren't as strong as others and I just get the feeling that the film was rushed somehow.

2. skwonderfactory

skwonderfactory Me Scott like Transformers!

News Credits:
    I thought it was ready. I actually thought it was edited pretty well and the movie really wasn't lacking anything in my eyes. Sure a little more of a explanation of some plot points would have been nice but I didn't expect it because it's a Michael Bay film and I do highly respect his effort because many things were improved on and it's for sure the best Transformers film yet.

3. TheSpartanD

TheSpartanD Minicon Orphanage Owner

Felt ready to me, but I suppose that's because I didn't watch the film expecting it to be a masterpiece.

4. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When a director is rushed to the point that he gets a movie as ready as its going to be within hours of release (ROTF) and within 40 hours of release (AOE), I'd say no, the movie was not as finished as it could be. Granted Bay IMO isn't the best director for these movies, but it does seem like they are giving him less and less time to make these movies anymore. And I so feel these movies could be just a bit better if there wasn't such a strict time frame to get them done.

5. Shizuka

News Credits:
    I felt that as a whole the film was "ready" for release but, it wasn't 100% finished. Sort of like how you can make a meal that's ready to be served but it may not be 100% perfect.

6. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Out of all 4 films, for me, AOE was a glorified disaster. The first half was too slow and the the second half too rushed. There were continuity errors galore and the way it was written was just bad. The retconning was dizzying to the point of wishing I had dramamine with me, Ratchet's demise was beyond overkill, WAY too much reliance on the human's saving Prime (AGAIN) and way too many pointless and useless scenes. Oh, I liked Drift, Crosshairs and the Dinobots. I even liked Bee being portrayed more like an older teenager.I thought Lockdown was the best Cybertronian enemy they've had in all four films. Once again though, Bay and company underused Bots that weren't Prime and Bee and focused way too much on the damn human element.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some of you guys act as if 1000's of people didn't pour 100's of thousands of hours over the last 3 years into this movie. I assure you, they were ready.

8. SunSwipe5

If THIS was Bay and crew's idea of 'ready', I sure as hell don't want them touching T5. I hope Paramount has an Abrams or Whedon on speed dial.

9. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Yeah and the same number of people pore those man hours into other movies too and a lot of other movies turn out a whole lot more ready/finished than some of these TFs movies.

10. Shizuka

News Credits:
    This is a pretty big film which involves a lot of work. You don't think that there was a chance that every small detail was looked at?

11. tonyformer

News Credits:
    And that's just what they need too. As far as I'm concerned, maybe Once the contract is up with Paramount, Hasbro should really look into possibly allowing Marvel Studios to have a go at it. Maybe they can actually get a passionate TFs oriented producer to take over like Whedon has done for rhe Marvel movies.

12. SunSwipe5

I couldn't agree with you more. Granted, I like different aspects of the films. However, it's become stale and discombobulated on so many levels.

13. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    It didn't feel rushed to me. The editing during the Yeager farm sequences was the only thing that bothered me; day then dusk.

14. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes, I think it was rushed but while watching the movie it didn't come off that way IMO. It just got down to the wire a bit more than preferred. I think Jablonsky started slightly later than usual (not by much but slightly). There was also one interview where the sound guys said the CGI stuff came in late to them, etc. I think though it was because they were practically starting from scratch on everything and yet still only had the normal 2 years to do it.

15. tonyformer

News Credits:
    That I think is one of Bays worst issues. Way to many scenes in all these movies where its day one minute and night the next lol.

Just a few examples:

In movie 1, Bee and Barricade chase scene. Bright day and then its night lol. So you mean to tell me Barricade chased Bee all day into the night?

DOTM, Sentinel and Megs disgusing things on the building where the control pillar was, bright day one minute, Sentinel gives the order to close off the city and its all of a sudden night lol. Now I know the attack could have been going on that long but to go from day to night in a manor of a few seconds, does not help to explain that.

16. Shizuka

News Credits:
    Well actually, the last film came out in 2011 so this is the first TF film to have a longer production schedule.

17. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They didn't start until 2012 though. Plus filming didn't start until mid-2013 which was actually a tad later than usual.

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :dj 

19. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Could LeBron prepare for an extra day? Certainly. Could you study an extra hour for a test? Of course. But that's how deadlines work. You prepare and work to get everything ready for that day and then you go. Not to mention you guys are not looking at this objectively. Bay hate goggles>beer goggles.

20. 03Mach1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You think Hasbro is unhappy with a billion dollar franchise because a handful of winey fanboys don't like the director? Good luck with that.

How long are you guys gonna ride that scooter?