Do you think the AOE Dinobots will be a hot seller?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, May 31, 2014.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I've been at my many stores around my city during the AOE release. Most of them had all of Wave 1 AOE, but a few days later, they were all sold out of Dinobots. They still had lots of Voyager Grimlocks, but other Dinobot toys like Deluxe Slug, Deluxe Scorn and Leader Class Grimlock were all sold out.

I think Dinobot toys will be the hottest selling Transformer toy ever since Bumblebee from 2007.

With this happening I predict that after the movie, kids will want Dinobot toys. They will want them on their Birthday lists, They want them on Christmas lists and they will beg their parents for them.

2. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

I can certainly tell you that those who don't snatch up the Dinobots quickly will have plenty of Crosshairs to choose from...:lol 

In comparison, the vehicular Transformers as whole look kind of boring compared to the Dinobots (with the general consensus seeming to be that Hound and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime are the exceptions). Even I think the Dinobots blow the other figures from this line away; I find myself playing with them more. Probably because beast-formers on this big of a scale are new and refreshing to the Bayverse (yes we had Scorponok, Ravage, and Laserbeak but beast-formers were not on this big of a scale in the Bayverse before).

Plus...it's the Dinobots...nuff said

3. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Every local store has the Dinobots. Every one. They aren't selling any faster than the other deluxes, though I've seen more Crosshairs than Bumblebees. Once the film comes out, that may change.

4. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

The Dinobots will likely be the star sellers of this line, I think, but that doesn't mean really awesome and beast designs like Stinger won't also be moved upward.

5. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

I dunno, but I am still a HUGE fan of the G1 Dinobots line, 30 years later after first getting glimpse of them as a 10 year old kid. Dinosaurs are always cool, especially when they're Transformer Dinosaurs.

With that said, I don't plan on getting any of the AoE Transformers including the Dinobots. I'd rather put that money towards the 3rd Party Dinobots instead. :) 

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I think if I sent 5 to 7 Dinobot toys to this year's Christmas toy drive it will bring lots of happiness to 5 to 7 kids.

7. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    The Dinobots are definitely selling in my area. Leader Grimlock doesn't seem to be moving that much, but all the others are DEFINITELY selling.

I think Hasbro really did a fantastic job with this subline. It's not pandering to G1 sensibilities, but these guys are undeniably Dinobots at heart. They really personify what ALL movie figures should strive to be.

I now have 4 Dinobots (Voyager Grimlock, Slug, Scorn, and Strafe), and I'm most certainly going to get the next 3.

And lets be real here: The movie Dinobot are WAAAY more interesting to see on the pegs than generic movie carformer # 2132.

8. Fallout

Fallout a dude he can't lose when lives on love

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    from what i've seen? yup. ar my target their leader grimlock, both scorns and a slug sold the day they were put out and both of their voyager grimlocks sold within a day. meanwhile both crosshairs and bumblebees are still there a week or so later...

9. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    The Dinobots are selling well in our country.

10. SuperGiantThing

SuperGiantThing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All dinobots are sold out in my area, but so are the other deluxes. Leader and voyages class too actually! The gimmick figures like battle punch or whatever are not though.

11. Danimal

Danimal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yet hasbro target those gimmicky transformers towards kids and kids don't buy them, and no one buys the Titan figures and mashers are peg warming like crazy. I'm not going to say kids don't have their parents buy em the dinobots but I still think it's very rare that kids these days are asking for them. If anything it's the collectors buying two, one to open one to keep sealed.. Or maybe buying more and scalpers. Kids are more into lego, skylanders.. But not into marvel and transformers like hasbro thinks they are. If kids were, you'd see a lot less marvel legends spiderman peg warming and they're peg warming because the adult collector got the whole wave already, the 5poa Star Wars and spiderman figure, 6" black series, gimmicky transformers are all keeping the shelves and pegs nice and toasty in the Chicago land area

12. tactikill decoy

tactikill decoy Well-Known Member

i think its alot of scalpers and collectors.my 8 yr old thinks the aoe lines all suck. she has been playing with my collection of transformers for years. ive got most of the tf1 movie line, leader class, voyager and deluxe. some from rotf and hftd lines and few from dotm. ive also got transformers univers, generations,and masterpieces figures as well. i just dont see the quality or value in the new aoe toys. they all look like they were made cheaply. the people i see holding these toys in their hands at the register arent in elementary school and they dont have there kids with them in line. so either alot of kids are getting dissapointing birthday gifts or the people buying them want them for themselves

13. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    They will be hot and plentiful like McDonald's fries.

14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Depends of how much screentime they get.

Seriously, if Michael Bay shoots them with as much care and attention as he does with the Miltary fetishist stuff they'll fly off the shelves.

15. ragnarok nine_

ragnarok nine_ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to like the new Dinobot figures, I really do, but Grimlock's dino mode is just too funky for me. I'd rather have a more movie color acurate figure, and hopfuly a redone more movie like version like RotF leader Prime vs. the original movie leader Prime.

Regarding the Dinobots, there's a part if me that's worried we're not going to see any bot mode screen time and they're not gonna appear until the last 30 minutes of the film.

16. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Shelfwarming here already and there are tons of scalpers, kids and collectors here.

17. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

I think the DinoBays will shelfwarm until the movie comes out now that all the Bayverse collectors have their first wave. I think if they sell after the movie is out, all depends on if kids like the DinoBays in the movie or not.

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In theory they should be hot sellers. I mean which male child resist robots and dinosaurs?! My only concern is the amount of screen time they have. If there's plenty of screen time then I'm sure they'll sell even better.

19. thadsilverfox

thadsilverfox Well-Known Member

Which TMNT figures are you referring to that are selling out like crazy? The TMNT basic figures are shelf warming from what I can tell.

20. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They seem to be the only ones not on the shelf near me. So, I'd imagine once the movie comes out they will sell better.