Do you think that there will be a transformers reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by FanimusMaximus, Oct 14, 2009.

1. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

He's pretty much doing that with clone wars IMO.

2. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A simple answer would be "No" since its making a lot of money for the studios. Its all about money this days. Nobody cares if the movie is really bad or something but as long as it makes a lot of money then it just continues. TF2 is really a fucked up movie with no sense at all but hey it seems that everyone likes since it made a lot of money. So unless TF 3 bombs a reboot will be like me scoring with Megan Fox.

3. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    My hope is that when it's finally time for a reboot there'll be established directing talent out there that have a genuine affection, understanding and familiarity with the source material. Michael Bay didn't grow up with Transformers and it wasn't something he even wanted to be involved with. He had to be persuaded to do it. Spielberg came to him with big dollar signs in his eyes and talked him into it.

If you look at some of the quality big movie franchises out there, like Spiderman, Lord of the Rings, Ironman, Batman, etc. They all have directors with proven track records, who actually like and understand the fictional world they are bringing to life. That's gotta help.

4. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    ^Bumblethumper FTW!

5. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People can learn to appreciate things and deliver jobs as good, you know.

6. johnboy3434

johnboy3434 Well-Known Member

It does help, yes, but it's not everything. If I had to choose between a talented filmmaker who thinks Optimus Prime is type of gasoline and an avid fan who doesn't know which end of the camera to look through, I'd have to go with the filmmaker.

7. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

This is how it all started, isn't it?

8. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Prime with robo-nipples of steel. :eek: 

9. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Like TM II Blackarachnia. Removeable bra FTW!!

10. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I hope so, before I turn into an old cynical miser.... oh wait!

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think if you look at the history of film then you'll see that every long running series has to reboot at some point. Today's really hot cool new thing is tomorrows boring old thing I've seen a thousand times. Teens stop going because they see it as their parent's sort of film, or new people think there is too much mythology to jump in late into a series.

James Bond, Batman, Star Trek, plenty of old franchises you can point to that had to have some pretty radical updates to fit the taste of people who buy movie tickets today instead of crossing their fingers enough of their old market was still around to support a same as it ever was movie.

So the question is not if but when. When is a tough question because you never really know just how long it will take the public to get bored and rush off to something new. Ha ha of course for people like me it just can't get here quickly enough because these periods of no toys that interest me are tough periods of withdrawal.