Do you think Starscream would make a better leader?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    If we're talking about G1 Starscream, then - no. Transformers: The Movie illustrates the difference between Starscream and Megatron's views of leadership: Starscream believes that a good leader is like a king (all bling bling with a throne), whereas Megatron is more akin to a military commander. (I never really thought of G1-cartoon Megatron as a "tyrant" - he seemed more like a pissy colonel, like in a Vietnam movie). Say what you like about Megs, whenever he launched an offensive against the Autobots he was invariably always there, fighting alongside and coordinating his troops. He might fly away and leave them to do as they wish when he sees the battle has turned tides against him, but at least he gets out there in the first place. I would imagine that given the airs and graces Starscream gave himself at his coronation, he would stay back at base and allow all of the other Decepticons to do the hard work. Ergo quickly making himself unpopular, and forcing an abdication.

And as others have said, he lacks the basic charisma and strength needed to lead the Decepticons in the first place.

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Starscream is a loser.

3. teruo kaiba

teruo kaiba Made In Japan

Overall, no he would not. Some incarnations have portrayed him with better characteristics than others, however in terms of leadership Megs > Starscream.

Recently the IDW AHM comics have shown that some of the troops do think of Starscream as a decent leader as well as his seekers having some level of respect for him. Heck Megatron even said Starscream would make a good leader for his vision of what the Decepticons would eventually become (assuming he wasn't just stroking Screamers ego to stop the infighting) However Starscream lacked the brute strength to hold together the current Decepticons as there were too many crazy psychopaths in there. While most of them wouldn't challenge Megatron for leadership, they sure would stake their claim against Starscream.

4. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Oh, I didn't mean any specific Starscream. I was kinda wondering in general (taking all versions into consideration) which would do better?

I stand by Megatron still. You guys have a good point about the others turning on Starscream if he were leader.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Things that would be better at leading the Decepticons than G1 'toon Starscream:

Shockwave
    Thunderwing
    Bludgeon
    Ratbat
    Blackarachnia
    Optimus Primal
    G1 Wheelie
    Beast Machines Optimus Primal
    Chip Chase
    ROTF Wheelie
    Chip Chase's wheelchair
    Spike's hardhat
    Buster's pink shirt
    ROTF Skids' gold tooth
    Basic Campfire
    Tuner Mudflap

6. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. He's too preoccupied with overthrowing Megatron and he has the charisma of a gnat.

7. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Nice

8. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

megs is a better leader than screamer hands down

9. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Movieverse or Armada Screamer would make better leaders than the Megatrons of their respective continuities.

10. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

If Starscream would be the leader of the decepticons i guess motormaster would be his second in command.

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movieverse-Possibly

G1-NO

Why-because if starscream becomes leader it will cause a chain reaction that will topple Starscream, then topple that decepticon and so on and so forth.