Do you think Soundwave lost his position when Megatron became Galvatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by LockdownTF, Dec 6, 2019.

1. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

I mean as Megatron Soundwave is almost always by his his side and while he's still around in season 3 we start to see him a bit less and instead we see Scourge and and Cyclonus flanking Galvatron I just wonder if Soundwave partially lost his highly guarded position of Megatron's most trusted leiutenant due to dis-trust from galvatron since he failed to prevent him being thrown from Astrotrain and simply watched instead or if Soundwave decided it was wiser to stand a bit further behind Galvatron after he went cucoo for coco puffs.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Soundwave's toy wasn't as new as Cyclonus'.

• Like Like x 8
  3. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes. Cyclonus took that spot.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Subdurmal

Subdurmal Well-Known Member

Cyclonus took second over. But I'm sure once Soundwave realized Galvatron was crazy pants he stepped back to let Cyclonus deal with it

• Like Like x 6
  5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I think Soundwave eventually became disillusioned with the Decepticons under Galvatron's command. We do know from Beast Wars that Ravage was among the Decepticons that was granted amnesty after the war ended. So it's possible that Soundwave could had made a deal with the Autobots.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

Yes, but maybe if Soundwave stayed with Blitzwing on Chaar (instead of going of with the Quints) he may have had a greater chance of restoring his status.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

"Darn that Soundwave! EEEUUUUAAAGGGGHH!"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well he did kindly pick him up in battle Then he voted to throw him out right after!

• Like Like x 2
  9. LockdownTF

Honestly I'm kinda surprised Galvatron kept Soundwave around at allafter the whole Astrotrain incident. One minute he's loyally carrying a near dead Megatron to safety then he's totally fine with him being thrown into space. I know the cartoons never go into much detail on this kind of stuff but I'm kinda surprised an insane Galvatron had much faith left in that or I dunno maybe it was because he was insane he still trusted him enough to still be part of his command staff.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No

• Like Like x 1
  11. Amadeus Novilium

Amadeus Novilium Well-Known Member

YES.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I always kinda felt like Cyclonus took the role of Soundwave while Scourge took the role of Starscream.

Scourge as Starscream because they both showed traitorous tendencies. Though Scourge wasn't as direct about it and I think he came closer to actually succeeding once.

Cyclonus as Soundwave because they're both loyal to their leader. And yeah Soundwave was still around but I don't think he really saw Galvatron the same way. Soundwave never seemed as close to Galvatron as he was to Megatron. And again though similar the relationship between Cyclonus and Galvatron is different from Soundwave and Megatron. Cyclonus seems like he's there to ground Galvatron, keep his insanity in check, and remind him who they really serve in the movie. He's not exactly loyal to Galvatron because he's the one that tells Galvatron they serve Unicron in the movie and he was also behind the plot that basically had Galvatron committed and seeing a psychologist. Most blind loyalists just follow orders without question and wouldn't have thought to do something like that even if they thought they were helping. Which is how Cyclonus behaves, he always seems to be trying to help Galvatron even if it means disobeying him.

• Like Like x 2
  13. LockdownTF

I always thought Scourge was loyal most out of fear for Galvatron but once every so often he'd make a grab for personal power without realising what he was dealing with. I he does this at least twice once when taking the matrix which corrupts him and a second time when he tries to access the plasma energy chamber either for personal power or to impress Galvatron

• Like Like x 1
  14. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

That seems like a smart move to me. I like that theory.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fact that Megatron kept Starscream around so long, shows that he was fine surrounding himself with untrustworthy bots. It's like the old adage, that you assume everyone is like you. Galvatron is untrustworthy so he assumes everyone is untrustworthy, so he just accepts that trait in his troops.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream With Headmaster Cobra Commander

Interesting topic.

First off, the chain of Command went Megatron -> Starscream -> Shockwave -> Soundwave, so Soundwave was never quite number 2 or even 3.

One could even argue that Skywarp and Thundercracker also outranked Soundwave in the show based on the episode "Countdown to Extinction", where Thundercracker was talking like he was in charge in the absence of Megs and Starscream.

By Season 3, TC and Skywarp, as Scourge and Cyclonus's clone, are still serving as Galvatron's elite warriors.

Second, Soundwave is intelligent. I think he saw how Galvatron treated everyone and decided he didn't want to stand too close to that brutal, chaotic mess.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Paleontologist Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    This is a post I made in the Transformers Head Canon thread.

Based on this theory, once Megatron "died" and was reborn as Galvatron, Soundwave quit the Decepticons, reasoning that since Megatron was dead, he was freed from his punishment, and left to explore the universe.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

Come to think of it, yeah.
    Soundwave lost his relevance in Season 3,being replaced with Cyclonus instead.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Actually they were secretly married during the episode “Carnage in C minor” lol

upload_2019-12-10_0-20-6.jpeg

Seriously how can anybody come to that conclusion about the relationship in the film

First Galvatron wasn’t insane in the film
    Second....it was Scourge (or a sweep) that reminded Galvatron who the boss was

I don’t even remember Cyclonus having a line in the film

Somebody tell this guy he needs to watch the movie again

• Like Like x 2
  20. LockdownTF

Yeah but the trick wa even though others technically outranked him Soundwave he was by far and way one of Megatrons most loyal men(in one dw comic Starscream successfully takes over the decepticons only for Megatron to eventually return from assumed death revealling Soundwave had been secretly assisting him in order to restore the status quo). That coupled with his skill set and spy cassettes Supplying Megatron with invaulable enemy intel granted him protection from other bots seeking to displace him and get closer to Megatron.

• Like Like x 1