Do you think Hasbro will make another attempt at another ambitious TF cartoon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by WolverineDragon, May 17, 2021.

1. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    Legal problems, even after altering his design and name for the cartoon he was only allowed a few more appearances
    During Prime there was it, the Live-Action movies and the IDW 1.0 comics, that's 3 different continuities going on at the same time, is that acceptable to ya ?

2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Prime was when they tried to align all of the brands and failed. It's what I've advocated done wrongly.
    Rescue Bots (may be ending but is getting replaced with comedy series)
    War For Cybertron
    Cyberverse (is continuing for a two-movie format for season 4)
    Movies
    Bot Bots

3. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Advocate for orignality in Transformers.

Cyberverse, as far as we know, is only continuing with this movie, which was likely only green-lit to fill the gap while the next show gets made, which may very well just be the comedy, with Botbots replacing Rescue Bots.

Another aspect I forgot to mention is that Hasbro aren't the only ones footing the bill. Funding for the movies is found from various sources, such as sponsors, while I believe Nickelodeon will be helping to pay for their cartoon, since they're co-producing it.

4. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

Facebook:
    "all" the brands, the movies and the comics were not connected to it despite being around at the same time

5. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    No, it was still an attempt with the movies and comics adapting elements from the Covenant of Primus too. But Hasbro had too many cooks in the kitchen wanting to make their own signature dishes. There's a whole thread about Aligned somewhere and why it failed. Ultimately, Hasbro did it half-assedly and only ended up with half an ass in hand. Like I said, it's brand unification done wrongly.

6. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

Facebook:
    Only the 13 Primes stuff far as im aware and this got used by the movies only loosely during ROTF

7. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

I'd rather they give other properties a chance to shine as well.

8. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I'd say that NetWFC was intended to be an "ambitious" show. It has plenty of ideas which it doesn't explore properly, potentially interesting characters it does nothing with, animation with a little more effort could have surpassed BW/BW in artistry. (They look dated now, but the shows were cutting edge at the time, and still have some of the most expressive characterization through animation of any TF series.)

But the creators had all of these tools and then didn't use them effectively. Given skilled creators, the components of WFC could have resulted in the best series to date. Instead we got a badly animated, undercooked mix of references tossed at us with little rhyme or reason.

Imagine if they'd gotten Furman or Budiansky to write the show and Sue Blu or Andrea Romano to do the voice direction ...

• Like Like x 1
  9. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WFC's opportunity for expressively animated characters went out of the window the moment they decided to use toy AutoCAD archives as animation models, I fear.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Surprisingly, Rescue Bots is one of the best things that Transformers brand has produced recently. I don't know who exactly is responsible for the success, but that show blends perfectly the money-making aspect of the franchise with interesting storytelling. I sincerely hope that future shows will take example. RB is good at balancing both human and Transformer cast (which is tricky), there's both character development and character consistency throughout all 4 seasons (also tricky and often overlooked). Although, it is a show aimed primarily for pre-schoolers there's plenty of refrences and nods that only adults will catch. This show has time-travel and dystopian alternate futures in it, and gremlins, and werewolves, how cool is that? Also, they get bonus points from me for utilising Jules Verne the way they did. There are no Decepticons, though.

And Kaijudo: Rise of the Duelmasters is sorely overlooked. I thought it would be another Pokemon clone, but it's more similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender. The worldbuilding and characters are really nice.

Honestly, if other Tranformers show writers were as meticulous as the people working on Rescue Bots, we would not have this much complaining on the boards.

Just my :2c: .

• Like Like x 4
  11. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

If only the these writers saw ambition as "working within your limits" instead of "cheapen it out"

I mean, Animated is also the equivalent of a cheap TF show that strived high ambition. Beast Wars (although being one of the most expensive animated shows for the time) was still limited to some degree, didn't stop them from making something great. A high budget show would be appreciated, but expecting a high budget to be the saving grace of bad writing at hand is simply illogical.

• Like Like x 3
  12. KryptikWizard

KryptikWizard Member

New user, and late to the bandwagon, so forgive me for jumping in here.

I think Hasbro might take another crack at big TF series. Granted, it's a pretty low chance, but it's not zero either.

In fact, I feel they should. TF is in a lull cartoon-wise, and while I think taking a breather with small-scale shows is good idea now and then, it's not doing wonders for keeping their brand relevant in the long term.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Metro Prime

Metro Prime No sympathy for the self-inflicted

I may be alone here, but I think whomever rebooted Voltron for Netflix did an amazing job. Excellent story, character development, artwork, and animation. I love that series.

Someone had love for it and made an effort to tell that story right. Why can't we have something like that? Why not?

Is it money? Hasbro is probably swimming in it right now and if they're not, then fire some useless exec's. They suck up too much revenue anyways for little, to no real work. Trim the fat. Keep more profit.

This cheap crap... is boring me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We did have something like that. It was called Transformers Prime. And like Voltron, it failed to take off with children and that's why it was replaced with what we have now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

It didn't help that seasons two and three were such hot messes.

16. optimalsupreme

optimalsupreme Well-Known Member

The short answer: no.

Just like Bandai with Power Rangers/Super Sentai they're going the cheap kitch route. It's simply more profitable to put out low-quality garbage with on low-cost margins then take a risk in making an actual investment.

17. MatrixQuardeanUnlimited56

MatrixQuardeanUnlimited56 TheDarkKnightAndTheQuardeanPraetorianKnightsmen

True, and yet, this is only true to an and the extent of that such thing/s'/ and matter/s'/, such as, The Transformers Aligned Continuity and/or The Hub Channel, majorly, if not, entirely failed because Hasbro didn't truly, entirely, and/nor wholeheartedly bother to even put in as much of an wholehearted effort in trying to have an monopoly on their own project/s'/, concept/s'/, and Intellectual Property/ies'/, and that's further considering that for such project/s'/, concept/s'/, and Intellectual Property/ies'/, such as, The Hub Channel, wasn't properly advertised and it wasn't clearly watchable for every single individual that was trying to watch any of its televised programming, and that was also because The Hub Channel was only available for some national and international TV Package/s'/ and Bonus TV Package/s'/, such as, DirectTV and AT&T, and that isn't even majorly nor entirely researchin', discussin', and touchin' on any other fact, such as that there wasn't even suppose to be an Transformers' Aligned Continuity TO BEGIN W/H at all, overall, and altogether.

And, on another hand, one of many reason/s'/, if not, THE reason/s'/, for why Transformers' Prime and The Transformers' Aligned Continuity, wasn't only because of such thing/s'/ and matter/s'/, such as, its' financially infamous budget/s'/, but, it was also because of Hasbro's executively constant meddling/s'/ and its poorly unorganized management/s'/, in and on such project/s'/, such as, Transformers' Prime and Transformers' Aligned Continuity, that wasn't even majorly nor entirely warranted, and which, directly and indirectly effected everyone else, and also, everything else that concerningly involves and pertains to either Transformers' Prime and that of The Transformers' Aligned Continuity itself.

And plus, Hasbro has every single reason to go all out and try to win back its fandom/s'/ and its investor/s'/, considering that, not only are their personal voice actor/s'/ and actress/es'/, such as, Peter Cullen and Frank Welker, truly gettin' older and won't be able to do as much as they use to, but, they also have to primarily reorganize itself, and also, try to majorly, if not, entirely recuperate every single investment that they unfortunately lose due to their poorly mishandled project/s'/, and their unsurprisingly greedy ambition/s'/, and also, their terribly horrific management/s'/ on thing/s'/ and matter/s'/, such as, Transformers' and G.I.Joe.

And further again, 'Never Say Never', and also, and besides, on Hasbros' part, they primarily and only did that because they weren't necessarily, truly, nor wholeheartedly creating, making, and producing most of what they were dubbin' and redubbin' over from any other national and/or international corporation/s'/ that were creatively producin' any Transformers' Media inside of their own personal national and international animation studio/s'/, and fortunately, and also, unfortunately, they do wholeheartedly believe in majorly and entirely droppin' loads of cash on known and unknown concept/s'/ and project/s'/, such as, Transformers' BumbleBee and/or G.I.Joe Snake Eyes, but just as long as Hasbro doesn't have to either primarily pay for everyone else and everything else themselves and/or Hasbro doesn't have to fully pay every single thing either, but, other than that, I honestly agree w/h everything else that was was writtenly typed here overall, and also, altogether.

18. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Haunting Your Nightmares in HD

Expressive animation wouldn't have helped anything, though, since the writing would still be bad.

• Like Like x 2