Do You Think Hasbro Should Create Other Toylines besides Movieverse/G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SuperRock7, Apr 1, 2020.

?

Other Toylines besides G1/Movieverse?

1. Yes, I’d like to see other toylines.

65.6%
  2. No, I’m fine with G1/Movieverse.

14.1%
  3. I like pickles on my sandwiches

20.3%
  1. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 Gone for some milk

News Credits:
    Maybe another generations line for another series, (Like animated, prime, Armada, etc)

Edit: Shout out to my boyz who also like pickles on there sandwiches.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Absolutely I'm getting sick of just g1

• Like Like x 4
  3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Give me a reboot on the same level as Beast Wars. Clean the slate go 100% original. As long as there are robots that turn into stuff.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    No, the retail space available is already being stretched to accommodate Studio Series, WFC and Cyberverse. Adding more to that is a recipe for disaster.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

LOL So you want Hasbro to stop making toys that reference old stuff to make a toyline that references other old stuff?

There's Cyberverse, regardless of what you think of it as a show or toyline, it's an option. It fills the third slot in terms of:

What sells: Movie. Studio Series has been an absurdly popular line.
    What longtime fans want: The current WFC trilogy and the trilogy before it.
    What's current: Cyberverse. Well, that and Rescue Bots.

We'll be coming up on 20 years since Armada came out here in a few years. I'd imagine we'd get a little more than a Megatron retool, and hints at an Optimus that was never followed through with. We did just get the Galaxy Force Optimus too and a Hot Shot retool/redeco, so the Unicron Trilogy has hardly been forgotten about.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    first, I absolutely hate pickles. I just hate them. Probably because I don't like cucumbers either. I also hate Mayo.

Back to transformers. Yes, I would love to see them tackle some other continuities. There's under 20 G1 characters I want. A few IDW as well. One of the figures I got recently that I really liked was Henkei Hot Shot. If that CHUG Armada Optimus comes out, I'm totally getting it. I'd love to see most of Armada and Energon remade with modern toy technology. Sure, if we got some Cybertron stuff remade, i'd probably get that too. I was going to pass on the Siege Hot Shot but the matrix workshop set made it amazing and I love the figure. If they did more animated characters in a CHUG aestethic (think ROTF Lockdown or CHUG Lugnut), i'd totally get them. I didn't love Animated and I didn't love the aestethic, but I'd love a garbage truck wreck gar (in a generations style) to join my Junkions. Slipstream, AWESOME. Prime, I'm pretty good with, I have most of the figures and I can't imagine a lot of them done better (minus a few) enough to say "hey, I'll get that figure" like Earthrise Arcee she just doesn't look drastically improved from CHUG Arcee to make me want to get it. I say this now, but I know I'll probably wind up getting her and hating myself for it. The only Prime figures I really would want to have a new version of are.... Airachid (seriously how did that thing get made? ) and Smokescreen (just too kibbley for me). APC has been doing a great job with their KOs and I hope eventually they do the whole line. Beast Wars, bring it! Beast Machines, even better. I'd love to see a new Rail Racer, Landfill, Magnaboss, and Tripredicus all in the same size as a CW/POTP combiner. Hell, Hasbro owns the rights to Gobots, I'd love if they threw in a few gobots here and there. At least the core 6

The only way they can sustain to get my money is to go into other continuities.

Oh and here's my list of who I really want a Generations figure of from US G1 (and 1 G2) characters

Rodimus Prime (same formula as Earthrise Optimus, voyager with stuff)
    Voyager Jhiaxus
    Voyager Thunderwing
    Prime Wars Leader sized Scorponok (to go with Toyworld Infinitor)
    the autobot powermasters
    the headmaster and target master jrs on each side
    Pointblank
    Sureshot

if all of those were made, I honestly could stop collecting and be GOOD forever with that continuity.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Hasbro just needs to make the 's' in Generations actually mean something.

• Like Like x 17
  8. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind a kind of G3, using the general G1 character aesthetic and modern engineering, but all new characters.

• Like Like x 4
  9. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Generations is supposed to encompass more than just G1, it just hasn't. We've gotten Generations updates of non G1 characters, just not very many. I'm totally fine with all the G1 updates because that's my preferred design aesthetic and I can't afford MP Scale. But I honestly think after part 3 of the WfC toylines finish, Generations will feature other iterations more than G1.

• Like Like x 3
  10. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Beast Wars with all 4 shows. Original BW, Beast Wars Neo, Beast Wars II, Beast Machines
    Car Robots.
    Unicron Trilogy. TV stuff exclusively.
    Animated re-stylized (Same designs but go nuts with the detail work)
    Prime and RiD. Prime aesthetic but add whatever was decent/memorable about RiD15

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fasttrack

Fasttrack Super-Unvincible

News Credits:
    Do I want to see toys of characters besides G1 and the movies?

hmm... let me think about that...

I am a SICK of G1 being all Hasbro wants to focus on for the Generation(s) line

the franchise has existed for more than 30 years. Focussing just in the 1980’s and the movies is getting tiring. put the S back in Generation(s)

we don’t necessarily need another line running alongside all the ones we have now. just give other parts of the franchise a chance to shine in Generations beyond simple repainnts/ retools

• Like Like x 4
  12. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

This.

The current amount of lines is fine, it's the diversity of the main Generations line that could use some expanding.

• Like Like x 6
  13. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would even be thrilled to see beast wars charecters with a robotic aesthetic rather than organic.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MrJazzyDrifter12

MrJazzyDrifter12 CHUG enthusiast

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    *COUGH* BEAST WARS REBOOT *COUGH*

• Like Like x 2
  15. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I mean they technically are, with the Cyberverse cartoon series toy line...But I don't think that's what you meant.

I get the feeling that after the current War for Cybertron thing they're currently doing goes through it's run they'll probably go back to Generations being a bit more of a mix of things. I can only assume though, given after all they've been doing over the last few years, how many more ways can you reinvent and then reintroduce G1 concepts before it gets stale.

Now, before anyone says it, no, that doesn't mean they'll throw out G1 as a whole, it's likely always going to exist on some level in the toy lines, but eventually it will have to at least ease up on being the main focus for a bit.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Well, they do have Cyberverse, RescueBots, and BotBots. There is always a danger in oversaturating the market.

That said, once they finish with WFC, I think they would be better off putting G1 aside (I know, it sells) for awhile and trying something brand new.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    In a word....YES On so many levels yes. With G1 being the main focus for generations non stop since 2006 it's about time the other eras get their time to shine for a change. G1 doesn't need to go away but it shouldn't hog the spotlight forever either. There's room for all eras. Make Generations actually celebrating every Generations again and not have it be the "G1's greatest hits!" line.

• Like Like x 6
  18. grindcore138

grindcore138 桐生会は不滅なり!

News Credits:
    I'm firmly in the Generations Should Mean GenerationS camp. Like, I'm really glad Hasbro has been dipping into the latter-G1 C and D listers, Earthrise is shaping up to be anything but the "1984 Is The Only Thing That Matters" line some of us were worried about it being, but I want to see a hearty mix of Beast Wars, Unicron Trilogy etc alongside that too.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Some_Gamer_Dude

Some_Gamer_Dude Active Member

I really want the Turbo Masters, Axelerators, Predators and Sky Scorchers, but I don't really wan't anything past that. Not because I don't like them, but because I don't think Hasbro's designers can make a good figure of anything past G1. I can't say I like anything they've made in Generations for BW onwards bar Rhinox and they can't even get Laser Prime right despite the fact they've tried twice now.

20. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Siege and earthrise quality is way better then the prime wars trilogy

• Like Like x 1