do you think galvatron will become a cannon

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by awesomeist guy, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Dan14thPrime

Dan14thPrime Well-Known Member

The cube transformation supports the developing storyline - creation. In AOE, humans began making transformers. Lockdown revealed there are creators. And at the end of the movie, Primes going to seek them out. It just a little supporting detail in the over arching and developing plot. I was fine with it. Kind of makes sense...

2. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is still a shit load of effort being placed into the KSI transformations.
    It may not be as much of a puzzle as the other bots, but there is still a lot of effort put into animating each and every little cube.

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, I didn't like the little "cube thing", I thought that was a "cop out" in designing the actual figure

i would like to see galvatron as the main villain in the movie

4. Blazere

Blazere :)

News Credits:
    it's the movies, not g1

5. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Because he's a Cybertronian vehicle? Why would he be designed as though he carries passengers, even if he doesn't...?

6. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    Or he could just stay the same? Seriously we dont need new designs every freakin movie. Just keep Galvatron the way he is. I also personally dont want him to change into whatever he wants, it just feels unoriginal. He isnt a t1000, he is Galvatron. If they do change his alt mode make him a a flyable tank with a bigger arm cannon. That is all.

7. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

Yeah, plus we only saw one or two transformations from the autobots.

8. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    but why was it done in the first place?

if the transformers are made out of this same metal.. why do they transform COMPLETELY differently?

if anything, i'd think human built transformers would transform the natural way (by transforming) and the alien built transformers would transform by morphing.

so.. i don't quite understand that. i still don't understand it.

9. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

I for one don't like the cube storm thing the KSI Transformers do. Sure, we could debate as to whether or not it was/is cheaper, but my main beef with it is that it just doesn't feel right. I think it's more something Ultron or a T-1000 would do, rather than a Transformer. It also looks pretty lame, one of the things I liked about the first movie was how the vehicle stayed coherent, but more or less turned inside out to form the robot. Also, since the morphing ability makes the KSI Transformers T-1000s, why did they go down so easily? I would have liked it much better if they shortened the fight a little bit, and either had the CEO of KSI, can't remember his name, give them a weakness, or use the magnet in Lockdown's ship to vacuum up all the KSI drones.

But, not liking the effect aside, I don't really like Galvatron's truck mode. I don't feel that it really suits him, and it's kind of boring. I'd prefer something else, like some kind of Cybertronian tank, or some kind of artillery piece. I don't like the idea of him being a gun. A tank with a really big gun, but not a regular gun.

Or, here's a great idea:

Have Galvatron transform into this truck:
    [​IMG]

But with his classic purple color scheme. Then, he has an attack mode which has him popping out all his weaponry, with the crane boom forming his iconic orange gun. Then, in robot mode, the gun mounts on his arm, like G1.

10. Galvatron II

Actually, classic Galvatron was grey too, originally;

[​IMG]

The purple is alright, I guess, but I've always been partial to grey and blue, because it really cinches the Megatron connection and because, well, Galvatron II had something closer to the toy's color scheme. And Galvatron I sucks compared to Galvatron II.

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Alas, drones don't have much of the state of mind to use such an ability to its better potential. While the sentient Galvatron can use it to evade attacks and shit just fine, his fodder aren't quite so strategic.

That's a cool idea and a cool looking truck. And I do love purple. So yeah, all for this, woop woop!

[​IMG]

"Oooooh! Oooooh! Bro, look at that! Did you see what he did there?! DID YOU SEE?! I SEE WHAT HE DID THERE!"

12. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    No doubt.

But it was still portrayed in a way that was cost and time effective, and looked it. While the conventional transformations were noticeably kept to a minimum.

I don't 100% hate the swirly cube transmorphing bots, they made the best of what they had, but it's just throwaway eye candy. Some of the transformations in the trilogy are truly emotional experiences! :) 

13. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I guess if tanks didn't need to be piloted, they would be little more than cannons on treads. So, I guess I don't really see why not to have him be a cannon, outside of it maybe looking goofy. On the other hand, if Lockdown can transform his head into a giant cannon, I don't think anything can be kept out of the movies just for looking goofy.

14. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    You know that hiab truck, in purple would be awesome, it's would be like a mobile Mixmaster.

15. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

He'd effectively be turning into Rhino...

[​IMG]

That could actually be quite interesting, as they could potentially use it to bring in a MASK-like organisation as the replacement for Nest.

My issues with the Lego transformations were that from a narrative perspective, they didn't make sense.

It's never been established before that "Transformium" has this disperse-and-reform ability. If the Cybertronian Transformers couldn't do it, why would human-made ones be able to after only a few years research with the components?

It also, to an extent, negates the need for permanent form at all. They don't need an alt-mode because they can do their swirly tornado thing to get from place to place (as used in some parts of the film), and they could kill / destroy enemies just by forming something around them which could crush / stab them.

16. JazzIsBeast

JazzIsBeast Well-Known Member

I'm confident 95% of the fanbase doesn't want him to turn into that.

17. JazzIsBeast

JazzIsBeast Well-Known Member

Exactly.

18. Galvatron II

It doesn't have to look goofy. I mean, yeah, the G1 toy is pretty dumb looking, but then there's this;

[​IMG]

I mean, he doesn't have to be a cannon, but it's shouldn't have to be out of the question, you know?

19. BR3AKDOWN

BR3AKDOWN Stunticon Trooper

^ It looks a lot more like an exaggerated alien tank to me than a cannon. Speaking of which, I'd be happy if Galvatron was some kind of tank.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ROTF Megatron was essentially that.