do you think galvatron will become a cannon

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by awesomeist guy, Feb 5, 2015.

1. awesomeist guy

awesomeist guy the one REAL prime

News Credits:
    In the first 4 films Megatron/Galvatron has always been a different alternate mode in fact he is only one to do so. I'm wondering if he could become the cannon everyone wants him to be in TF5 tell me what you think.

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    No.

His Argosy is better anyway.

3. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm wondering if everyone actually wants him to turn in a stationary target.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The only thing I actively hope for from the next movie is for Galvatron and his minions to lose their stupid morphing power and become actual Transformers again. I never want to see that stupid cube-morph effect again. It looked so cheap and lazy on the part of the animators. Like it was a cost and time saving measure or something. The same way almost everyone conveniently transformed off-camera 80% of the time in AoE. WTH, man.

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Yeah, because animating millions of little cubes was cheap. They just pressed a button and tons of free CG came out.

6. BadGuyWins

BadGuyWins B-Movie Villain

I thought the morphing power way a neat way of differentiating the KSI drones from the original Transformers. It also made Galvatron virtually invincible and if he ends up with an army of regular transforming Decepticon minions in the next movie, he will only stand out more with his mighty-morphin' powers.

7. Chromia76

Chromia76 Well-Known Member

I agree and disagree with the transformation of Galvatron and the KSI Decepticons. I thought it WAS lazy and and an easy way out of showing more complexity in the transformations. Though if you notice when Junkheap transforms, for a split second or two, his altmode parts shift around before morphing into the cubes.

And while the KSI bots seemed to be easier cannon fodder than the rest of the Decepticons in the first three movies combined, Galvatron used it to his advantage as a battle tactic, dodging Bumblebee's rockets and reforming after they'd shot past him. Though he didn't battle at all in Hong Kong, the KSI Decepticons did, and they never once showed any hint of morphing as a battle tactic or anything other than a way to get from vehicle mode to robot mode. My own personal opinion is because however Galvatron granted them life and sentience, he didn't grant them a whole lot of intelligence.

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    That was okay back in the days, but now I would imagine that to be dumb.

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I highly doubt it. TF4 was Bay Going Back On Everything He's Said: the Movie, yet Galvatron wasn't a cannon. It's possible he might briefly morph into a cannon, like Mixmaster, but he won't use it as his main alternate mode.

As much as I disliked it, I'm sure it helped pay for all the scenes of Autobots talking, and walking around a giant alien ship.

I'm sure millions of identical, poorly rendered cubes were a lot cheaper to animate than millions of unique, realistic vehicle parts.

10. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    A stationary target? No thanks, I like the Argosy but I wouldn't mind another jet like TF1 Megatron though.

I thought the KSI cube transformation was unique to them. That's why I kind of appreciate it as it defines Human built Transformers to real ones.

11. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also think the morphing effect was cheap, but as long as we're stuck with it, I think Galvatron should master it, and use it to morph into anything he wants, like a cannon, a truck, or anything else he needs at the time.

12. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 The best there is...

News Credits:
    No....Mixmaster did it first so id think its lame now. THe Argosy truck is good i guess but i wouldn't count on it. He's gonna keep that alt mode for TF5 since he changes every freakin film. I dont see what everyone say the new transformation is lame. It's the movieverse. I guess its ok to say that transformers are becoming more advanced or whatever.

13. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THIS

14. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want galvatron to be the only one with the morphing ability in the next movie...
    that way we can be unique

15. Galvatross

Galvatross Mask-free zone Veteran

These. I really like the KSI transformations. Not only was it original to the series, but it gives Galvatron an ability the Autobots don't, and it helps distinguish the KSI Transformers from the native Cybertronians.

Also, it's only been several years since Chicago. I know Megatron was pulling strings under the humans' noses, but I would find it hard to believe that humans have designed every engineering detail of their creations' transformations in those few years. I can believe that humans (with data given to the them courtesy of Megatron) could figure out how to program Transformium to change from robot to vehicle in those few years.

I'm sure Megatron made it so his new body can scan and transform into new vehicles or other mechanical objects, so Galvatron very well may transform into a new vehicle in the next film, but I don't think having a gun as his only alt mode would work out. I'd prefer him just transforming into vehicles.

16. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

No thanks. Evil truck is good.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Does it look like it's 1986?

No.

18. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've toyed with particle effects in the past. It's no picnic.:cry 

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes because everything in the movies has matched g1 up to now.

20. Bobbatronus

Bobbatronus Bullet Sponge

Ebay:
    Programmable matter is a hot topic right now so I don't see that changing. I do however think he should be able to change into anything he wants. I would like to see in the next movie him combining with his minions to form a Menasor-like combiner. That would be cool.