Do you think Animated will influence TF2?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Pauly T, Jan 25, 2008.

1. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    I think if Animated continues to get such a good overall reception I think that certain characters may make an apperance in TF2. I don't think that Animated would work as reapints for the movie line.

2. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I really doubt it. Also as wipeyourfeet stated the Animated figures can't work as repaints for the movie.

3. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I wasn't really thinking about what Bay wants but what Hasbro might want.

If both series are going strong for the foreseeable future, I think Hasbro might has some interest in bringing together fans who might be mutually exclusive to one line or the other.

I'm not thinking of toy recycling as their aesthetics are so different but more along the lines of character crossover.

It's just that TF:A's characters have so much personality while the movie TFs have next to none. And if the movie is going to hopefully draw from TF history, Hasbro might want to go with what's on deck right now to maximize appeal.

Like if Prowl is in TF2, he'd be a motorcycle rather than a car... that kind of thing.

4. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

On the premise of being very minimal hints I wouldn't mind. But not straight out character names like Sumdac and Sari.

Prowl-Motorcycle? = Shorter than Bumblebee take Arcee's model for example.

Homages we are already lucky to have and a movie made for an adult crowd will not reflect on the child approach animated has had.

G1 is probably considered too violent for the modern kid hence why its easier to get away with for the movie.