Do you still play with your transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Jul 25, 2010.

?

Do you still play with your transformers or just leave them on the shelves?

1. I still play with my transformers! STILL AS FUN AS EVER!

35 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. I ust leave them on the shelves... Don't want to mess them up.

23 vote(s)
    23.0%
  3. I do both.... Some shouldn't be played with others, I will go crazy with.

42 vote(s)
    42.0%
  1. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Only play with them for about 15 minutes after I open them, then it is off to the shelves (or in the last 6 months the floor).

Tonight is probably the most I have "played" with them in the past year, transforming them all for packing away. Finally got around to cleaning that mess tonight (boring night of cleaning and laundry) and determined that I have ammassed a massive pile of crap in the past 6 months and have no room right now. Have already taken down the Alternators, and Animated and Movie will be packed up by night's end. No more room to display anything but G1, classics, and MPs.

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found some Gravity Bots on sale. Damn these things are fun. I have them by my PC & just have them transform back and forth while typing. They may be aimed at young kids but damn are they fun to watch transform. I can say that I've never 'played' with a transformer so much in years. Normally, I transform a figure & sit it on the shelf. Barely any contact other than looking at it. Not these. I know that after all the other ROTF figures are put in boxes, the Gravity ones will still be on my desk.

3. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    I sure do! They're toys, they're meant to be played with. :> Mostly I transform them several times to get it right so that I don't need the instructions when I first get them, then spend ages seeing just how bizarrely I can pose them. My goal at the moment is to get Universe Darkwind into a ballet pose. (Don't ask. XD)

4. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Pew, pew, pew.... Kaboom!

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I fiddle around with them for a while, but then they go right up on the shelves.

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I now have WFC Prime, probably my first Transformer since 1994. It's such a great figure I often take him off the shelve and pose him a bit an sometimes try to transform him a bit quicker, but I often feel like having a rubik cube in hand because he is so complicated. But it is really fun to see how detailled he is and how cool he looks in both modes. I really wish toys were like that when I was a kid :) 

7. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Mine are oft-played with. I love them.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i transform a bunch a day usually, and look over the ones i have to see which i haven't fiddled with in a while, i don't think that any of mine have been on the shelf for more than two months without getting transformed. they get the most play when they're new, but never sit idle for long

9. HighBeam

HighBeam Maximal Command Security

Man I don't any more :( , I keep my tf's in my room upstairs and hang out in my family room where I only have Rotf Bludgeon and Ice Cream twins to keep me company and even then I only play with bludgeon when I get really really really bored. I think that its because more people now prefer playing video games and doing other things(don't know where to classify card flourishing) than playing with tfs

10. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I get a new one, I always transform it at least once. If i like it, sometimes I go back to it multiple times. Mostly, though, they all end up on a shelf and ultimately, get minimal play use.

11. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I still do. When I'm bored, I'll turn on the G1 cartoon and play with them, or create my own live action adventure!

12. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Usually I transform them a few times when I get them and then they go on the shelves.Every so often I fiddle with them,but for the most part I let them sit only because I don't feel like trying to find the instructions if I can't remember how to transform them.

13. Biotoakid

Biotoakid Whew what an old username

News Credits:
    I play with most, I think they all get played with somewhat, but most of the time the stay on the shelf

14. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

^
    ||

this!

15. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every once in awhile I take a few down and transform them, but they're mostly just display pieces at this point.

16. F18Starscream

F18Starscream Commander of the Skies

News Credits:
    I still do in a way, When I arrange them while dusting them I'll do the "transforming sound" and act out a scene from the show or 86' Movie. Not ashamed to admit it.:thumbs2: ;) 

17. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I've asked this question, or similar question to this before. One would have to define the word "play".

Sometimes watching the G1 cartoons makes me want to bring out few Bot's and Con's and set them up in a battle scene. I tend to play with the ones that are more durable and I leave the delicate ones on the shelf.

As far as "pew, pew!" goes! What's the fun in playing without sound effects? It's like watching TV with the mute button on! LOL! :D 

Most of the time I just take a couple of figures off the shelf to transform back and forth and put em back up. Or re-arrange them on the shelves.

18. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Mine are just in boxed on my dresser but when I'm board I will transform it back and forth. But I do kinda play with my little bro with his animated and movie collection. I help make up stories for him and he acts them out.

19. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    when their new i fiddle and retransform back and forth and pose them...but im not on hands and knees setting up forts like i used too
    then they will go on a shelf, dresser, fireplace mantle for a bit til somehting new comes out...and it happens all over again

20. Thyme

Thyme Disciple of Yun-Harla

I still play with my transformers ... especially the Transformers Universe Classics 2.0!!!