Do you post TF symbols on your 3P's? If so, which do you go with.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 18inchcombiner, Dec 17, 2016.

?

Do you use any stickers on your 3rd party bots?

1. Yes

84.4%
  2. No

15.6%
  1. 18inchcombiner

18inchcombiner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The majority of us TF 3rd Party collectors may use autobot & decepticon symbols. But some may not, please share why.

For those that do, show off your customs, official, overseas prints or domestic sheets. As well as picts of tatted up placed on your favorite TF's. It be cool to see how awesome they can look bc the stickers do make a difference adding detail to some otherwise bland molds.

This is the 1st time I order Reprolabels for their 3P mp scale sets. I don't like their shipping option for US. 5-15 days ground with no tracking. I hear good things about them & like the cheap shipping price. But hard for me to trust someone that doesn't give you a tracking number when they ship out to you, especially outside US.

• Like Like x 1
  2. glinthos

glinthos doomed hometown

Reprolabels usually sends their out in a regular letter envelope, so tracking or anything fancy.

3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    None, I prefer my figures to come with all paint and details tampoed on. I don't want stickers if at all possible and I don't even put faction symbols on my 3P figures.
    One big reason why is the stickers are the first thing to show wear or start to peel and look crummy, and i remember that from when i had TF toys as a kid. Now, with more expensive figures as a collector, I want to keep them looking pristine. Same reason I prefer matte silver to chrome. The less chrome the better, generally, since that is also a wear item.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ocean dry transfer because

• Like Like x 2
  5. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

ReproLabels on white background. Thems me favorite.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

7. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Yes, assuming there is a clear spot where the faction logo can go.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    It's because they're Canadian, eh! They come delivered in a regular envelope with a nice sturdy insert to keep 'em from getting messed up. I don't think anyone would want to tack on tracking charges for such a thing. You can certainly email them and ask for it though... especially for their stages.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Weezie

Weezie COVID SUCKS TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Usually clear backed dry rubs. They have the painted look but are more durable than waterslides.

If the finish is the same colour as the insignia (i.e Shockwave's purple, Inferno's red) then I choose something that is either an outline or silver or white backed so it stands out. This is what I mean: (and these are stickers since I can't find any white outlines of dry rubs)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:

Is that Shockblast? I didn't know he was that sparkly purple. And the face looks kind of like the official. Nice placing. We have to calculate the angles precisely when putting symbols on (because you cannot use a level) & I like when they blend in. I use my hands although I've seen people use plastic tweazers.

11. Weezie

Weezie COVID SUCKS TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know who Shockblast is. It is the official Takara MP, just painted with Testor's metallic paint, by Yaujta.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BlueSilver

BlueSilver Well-Known Member

I probably would if I invested more time in finding quality stickers that fit my tastes. As it stands now, though, I just really hate the look of stickers and I especially don't like them on the premium finish of most 3P MP products.

13. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to, but now I can't be bothered.

14. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I use them and it depends on the figure which I'll use. For Apollyon I got an ocean metal dry transfer. For Quakeblast I used um... I can't remember where I ordered it but I got a silver, a white, and a Chrome backed set of emblems for like a dollar each. I used the silver on qb but trimmed it a bit since it had very wide borders. I used the Autobot logo from that same set on my ko ironhide (didn't come out as good because it was just a smidgen too big and I didn't do as good a job trimming it).
    After applying the stickers, I give them a coating of future to protect them and make them glossy enough to look good on the glossy body of the figure.

15. dedguy

dedguy Well-Known Member

I actually tend to prefer the mirror backed stickers, even for MP stuff. As a kid I mostly knew TF's via toys rather than animation and as I recall most of the G1 toys had mirror backed stickers I think? So maybe that's why.

• Like Like x 1
  16. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always put faction stickers on. Typically reprolabels white backed, clear backed or outline occasionally.

17. 18inchcombiner

News Credits:
    I hate it when sometimes you cannot see the clear back logos for shit. Especially on darker transformers like Quakewave grey or even official Laserwave. God the official sheet it comes with sucks so bad you don't even see the logos. TT was lazy with MP-29.

18. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    I was okay with MP-29 as Shockwave has a lot of alternating symbols and such, so at least you could go with what you wanted.

I am, however, annoyed with the new Megatron, because I really don't like how they just went with the cartoon logo for the Decepticons instead of the actual one. I wish that one had an alternate option.

19. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Everyone gets a clear backed metallc waterslide unless as Ruizu says it wouldn't show due to the underlying colour, then it's silver backed.
    One exception was Sphinx, as I used a white backed on to cover up the writing.

20. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not as fancy as all the dry rubs I see some people use but I always add a white backed faction logo from reprolabels

[​IMG]