Do you like the new characters TFP brought in to the Transformers lore?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by electronic456, Dec 12, 2012.

1. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked them all good enough to purchase in both Deluxe/Voyager scale and Cyberverse as toys.

2. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Sorry, should have been more clear. I think I meant to post it in another thread here :)  I just find it funny that the same people complaining about the writing and killing off of good characters and leaving bad ones fail to recognize that its the same writing they hate that made those characters "good".

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But it's still bad writing if they can't conclude or continue those "good" characterizations properly.

4. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    I find the look and the character of Knock Out dull and boring. He's very plain looking and is used for jokes mostly.

Smokescreen brings the G1 feel, as did Cliffjumper, that kinda get up and go mentality that the geewuners had. It's something i want more of because it would make it all a little more action orientated.

Dreadwing was cool but i found Skyquake's brief defiant appearance so more interesting/exciting.

Arachnid, yeah kinda plain and seen it all before...

Soundwave and Megatron are fantastic. I'd like to see more Soundwave epeisodes as i have a feeling we might. I'd like to see more one-off episodes like the Cliff flashback, after all those relic hunts, pheww.

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So far, I like the characters indicative to this show. I would actually much prefer this show to only use characters that are originally created for the show. I like homages as much as the next person, but this show needs more of its own flavor rather than things recycled from past TF series.

Despite my feelings on this show needing "new" characters, I really want this to happen.

6. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Knock Out is the best to me, I like Arachnid.

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

There are new characters in Transformers Prime? Some of them are so badly developed because they die so fast I like to think of them as updated old characters with different names.

Knock Out being an obvious exception as part of the main cast but I don't really like him. He can be amusing at times but hearing him gripe about his paint job all the time can get old fast. The main reason I don't like him is because he's suppose to be the Decepticon medic but I think Scalpel played that role a lot better despite being freaking tiny compared to all the other Decepticons. I'd think a full sized bot would be more efficient but he doesn't seem to be.

Airachnid looks like an updated Blackarachnia and her personality is like Blackarchnia combined with Lockdown.

Dreadwing was a cool character while he lasted but again he reminds me of other characters from the little we saw of him. With his build and color scheme he looks like Depth Charge, he's got a little bit of Dinobot's personality, and that's about it.

Skyquake got no development being killed in the same episode he was introduced so as far as I can tell he was exactly like Dreadwing but with a different color scheme.

Makeshift I really like the concept of a Transformer who can transform into other Transformers but he got no actually development as a character so he's just a concept that I really like.

8. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    I think you may get your wish when beast hunters comes on. Going to be interesting to see if they focus on Soundwave and how Ravage comes to be, now that laserbeak will have been reformated into a "normal" sized bot

9. Bossguy

Bossguy Banned

I hope soundwave doesn't die! :(