Do you like the new characters TFP brought in to the Transformers lore?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by electronic456, Dec 12, 2012.

1. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately keeping Soundwave quiet for future shows makes me miss the old vocorder voice and what about his minions are we just gonna see Laserbeak? :tumbleweed: 

Prime Soundwave still retains elements from previous Soundwaves. Such as his usual communications officer and spy function. Also he has tentacles from his live-action version (Me Gusta). When Soundwave plays something he will play a recording that would remind some people of his original voice.

2. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

I think the people that hate Airachnid are just people that like to like decepticons and Airachnid is unlikeable. They'd like to think that the Decepticons in this transformers series are some type of spin off of Magneto and his follower. That in a way they aren't truly evil, just somewhat misguided in a sense. Megatron tried to take over 2 planets, the Decepticons are not not evil

3. MeNOTGrimlock

MeNOTGrimlock Well-Known Member

I hate Arachnid not for the reasons you mentioned, I hate her because she's a boring cliched mess.

Get's her jollies from doing bad stuff: check
    Easy to figure out selfish motives: check
    Goes alone: check
    Over the top gloating: check
    Spider = scary: check
    Devoid of character development: check

Honestly, whats to like about a character with no substance?

4. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

I don't like Airachnid. I also don't like any of the Cons. I also am aware that the Cons are indeed evil. I also know that I'm watching Transformers and not X-Men. So...

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I didn't catch ANY of that.

From what I've got, Airachnid isn't the only Decepticon I hate. The current Decepticon cast is joining Airachnid on my hate list.

6. lostnfound

Ruffled feathers much? God people are so overly critical

7. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I'm so sorry we put thought into our opinions.

I'm also sorry we don't go with the flow and think Prime is the best thing ever.

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    To be fair Airachnid is in fact the true new character on the show. Everyone else had a privous version before them. If by first time in fiction then yes.

Airachnid is an interesting character. I like how she's the first spider femme in any TF show that's not Blackarachnia and she does protray some prety sadistic and brutal tatics at times which makes her dangerous. And I still don't see how she's a ripp off on Blackarachnia when all they have in common is having spider modes and are girls. Blackarachnia is a bad girl with a conflicted heart on both shows she's in and in Bw she became a good guy in the end while Ariachnid is a full monster. Also that Airachnid mode isn't really a true spider alt mode while Blakcarachnia has a full one.

9. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Hmm more airachnid hate. Hmm, well I came to the understanding that I like airachnid because she's a sadist and a masochist. She loves to give pain and like to feel it to I it's kinda rare to have a character like that in a childrens show and be serious about it.

10. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

There is no real pure evil, if there was it would be pure evil in its own nature, but then you wouldn't be able to call it evil, but the nature of something.
    What we think is evil is just a lot of complexes created through a bad childhood.

And a complex is a core pattern of emotions, memories, perceptions, and wishes in the personal unconscious organized around a common theme, such as power or status.

So Megs probably didn't get his favorite toy from old A3 and Optimus got it, and that how the rivalisation and his thirst for revenge got born.

Ever read the iznogood comic? :) 
    I want to be Prime instead of Prime.

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I'm very fond of the new interpretations of Dreadwing, Soundwave and Ratchet, and Airachnid and crazy feral Insecticons are pretty sweet too :) 

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do miss his unique voice, but we're treated to it every so often--Soundwave didn't speak much in G1 anyway, so I don't see what all the fuss is about really--when he did, however, it was mostly him telling his cassettes the situation and the means to handle it.

The fact that people hate Airachnid tells me the writers succeeded in making a character folks would hate--you're supposed to hate her;) 

I like her because she's unlike any female in the series we've seen before (Autobot or Decepticon). She's strong physically and mentally, and she's a damn good assassin to boot! Megatron knows she's dangerous and he treats her as such! Awesome! Sadly, I see her becoming an Autobot soon, so I sense a change a comin':( 

13. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Ummm what do you mean by new? Do you mean new as in we have not seen these guys in a show for a long time or new as in they just recently created them, because if your thinking option b, well you're wrong, all these guys go back to g1 and g2 (except Airachnid, beast wars origin). If it's the first option than ya, I like them using different characters.

14. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

They should bring Ultra magnus.

15. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Knockout, Breakdown, Dreadwing and Smokescreen seemed okay to me.

16. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    As far as I'm concerned, name ≠ character. There has never been a vain Decepticon medic named Knock Out before; ergo, Knock Out is a brand new character. He's got nothing to do with those Minicons or Micromasters called Knock Out, they just happen to share a name, exactly like how BW Inferno and Silverbolt have nothing to do with the G1 bots with the same name.

17. gregles

gregles quintesson

I feel like I'm going to have to duck down from all the flying bile saying this but I think airachnid is a good addition as it feels like every villain nowadays is losing there scare and horror factor by explaining there actions with some kind of political justification. Call me old fashioned but sometimes I just wan't a villain to be a villain not some emo with a sob story origin or a comic relief character with a catchphrase to soften there malice. I also feel that her voice actress has done an absolutely amazing job of bringing her to life as an icily almost believable egotistical, sadistic school bully. true she hasn't shown depth or emotional progression but that's kind of the point she is a psychopath

I knew I was going to love knockout after seeing him in his first scene and still do

Breakdown hasn't really done anything that exciting to me really, bits involving his rivalry with bulkhead were interesting, but personally I feel his gruesome fate with mech was more interesting than keeping him as just another one of megatron troops

Dreadwing had great potential and I'm kind of hoping he is alive on knockouts dissecting table so megatron can breath down his neck for betraying and giving away his favourite forge

I really liked smokescreen, he was my second favourite autobot to ratchet and I think he should have been in the show from the start instead of bumblebee

If we are talking about new things to transformers lore then that means additions like mech and agent fowler which I absolutely love and if mech is totally gone I will really miss them

18. lostnfound

You guys realize that complaining about the writing killling off all of the "good characters" also created those good characters no?

19. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let me define "new" to some people.

* New as in the character's personality and appearance compared to their original counterparts. (e.g. Prime Dreadwing and G1 Dreadwing)

or otherwise "new" as in having a character who has just been introduced to the mythology such as Airachnid.

20. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The way people are hating her is never the way you're supposed to hate a character. There's a difference between hating a character's morals and hating a character because they're poorly written.

I have no idea what you're talking about.