Do you like the new characters TFP brought in to the Transformers lore?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by electronic456, Dec 12, 2012.

1. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How much do like the new characters (Knock Out, Dreadwing and Airachnid .etc) introduced in the TFP series?

What I mean is do you like the completly new characters TFP has created?

My opinion on some of the characters:
    Knock Out was funny, has sweet tools and an awesome attitude. Along with his red car mode.

Dreadwing is probaly the best new character introduced. I like his tatic of blowing stuff up. Plus he comes with a huge sword and gun. :D 

Airachnid is a bit mixed. It's good to have someone menacing but it really makes me feel wierd for someone more suited to a Beast War series to appear.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Knock Out is really the only "original" character of the ones listed. Dreadwing is essentially a rip-off of Dinobot and Airachnid is clearly a Blackarachna rip off.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knock Out is ok. Airachnid sucks. Dreadwing could have been good but as a whole his character sucked because he barely did anything important before getting killed.

4. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Knock Out started good. Flamboyant, fabulous, vain, self-confident. Now he's been downgraded to incompetent nincompoop who makes stupid jokes.

Dreadwing was a nice concept, but was also extremely shallow and was a pretty incompetent character with little significance.

Airachnid was all over the place and felt like a waste of time in the end (as far as season 2 goes). Didn't like her design, voice, dialogue, or characterization.

Smokescreen is alright. Not really annoying, but not endearing either.

5. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    This, and I think Dreadwing has a great design.

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the exception of Smokescreen and Dreadwing I don't like the Prime folks.

7. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Knockout is cool. Dreaders and Airachnid? Not so much.

8. JackWheel

JackWheel JackWheel FTW

News Credits:
    I enjoy Knockout and Smokescreen.

9. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Dreadwing's more of a G1 Cyclonus rip-off than anything. He's not dedicated to personal honor, but to the cause.

And Airachnid has nothing in common with Blackarachnia other than her spider mode. She has G1 Insecticon colors, and Lockdown's personality. Of course, she's a lot less likeable than Lockdown ever was :p 

10. electronic456

News Credits:
    My opinion on other charcters:
    Breakdown has the same colour scheme as his G1 version, but he. 's not paranoid. He's aggresive. I don't mind that at all, but I was disappointed how he became a sciene experiment.

Smokescreen pretty much has only one cue to his original version which is the number 38.
    He's alright, nothing bad and nothing good.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You sure? With Cyclonus his big thing was undying loyalty to Galvatron despite being his bitch half the time. Dreadwing was all about honor and blatantly betrayed the Decepticions at the end because of it. Which Dinobot did after getting cloned back to life and having to become good all over again.

No, Lockdown is nothing like Airachnid. He was really a businessman. Brutal and probably a bit overly sadistic, but he did seem genuinely impressed with Prowl in that one episode and acknowledged him as something close to an equal rival.

Airachnid just wants to kill everything in sight because she's such a massive bitch.

12. RayTheSun

RayTheSun Boy of Meat

I'd like to point out that pretty much the only new character that isn't dead right now is Knock-Out.

13. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Knockout: Go to Hell
    Airachnid: Go to a bigger hell
    Smokescreen: eh
    Dreadwing: Great character, stupidly killed off for no reason.

14. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    knockout is the only one really original one, and he was good at first. now he's just eh.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Knockout, Dreadwing and Smokescreen are all great but I really don't like Airachnid or Breakdown much, I liked Breakdown back in the day but looking back Dreadwing kind of did every thing Breakdown did but better and Knockout got much funnier without Breakdown since he went full grumpy asshole without his body guard doing his dirty work.

I'm counting Breakdown because he is totally new and different from the G1 guy.

16. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

He came off to me as being more about avenging his brother in that instance, but I didn't think of him being like Dinobot II. I always think of Dinobot I first :p 

Well, they're both evil hunters after trophies, so they have about as much in common as Blackarachnia and Airachnid have. The thing is Lockdown's a bounty hunter, while Airachnid's more like a poacher.

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I really liked them all, hard to pick a favorite.

Probably Airachnid, but Knockout can't be ignored, and neither can Breakdown. Dreadwing was good too.

Screw it, I like 'em all.

18. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would've liked Dreadwing better if Hasbro had the budget to pay Tony Todd for more episodes. Instead, they killed him off in a pretty pathetic attempt to be like Beast Wars with its character deaths. Dreadwing's death came off as meaningless and completely erratic. "I'm gunna help the Autobots, why? Just cuz. I don't care about your cause, though, so I'm not joining you, nah, I'm gunna make a suicide rush against the one who desecrated my brother. Guaranteed death and only a chance of revenge is definitely what my brother would have wanted me to do".

It is two things I hate about Prime at the moment. Writing around a budget, and pointless character deaths.

I like Knock Out and Airachnid though. She was a hated character by the fan base, but I think she was hated for the right reasons, and not the wrong ones. If a character is well written enough to create those emotions in a fan base, they must be a good character, I'd be really disappointed if she died.

19. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Knockout is effective, i just dont like the pretty boy archetype he fills.

The hate for airrachnid is puzzling. Shes a great evil character. Very imposing and very sinister.

Dreadwing was bleh.

Smokescreen can be good if they continue to develop the character. The autobots need a naive overzealos try-hard youngin

20. electronic456

News Credits:
    Wait, what about Skyquake and that Decepticon spy in form of Wheeljack (Forgot his name)......... ?:3