Do You Like The Dinobots As A Combiner?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimus Convoy, Nov 20, 2022.

?

Do You Like The Dinobots As Combiner?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    33.7%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    66.3%
  1. ZinaJackson

ZinaJackson New Member

Ebay:
    I love it. <3

2. Aleydarogue

Aleydarogue Oh Hi!

Yes and no....

I love the idea of vocanicus. But on the orher hand I love the idea that this team is badass enough to stand thier ground against a combiner. Maybe expand on this. Like they combined to take on a citybot or something stronger then a combiner.

• Like Like x 4
  3. JS1026

JS1026 Well-Known Member

Merchandise wise, I think Dinobots being a Combiner is a neat idea as long as they are well designed. But in terms of storytelling, I think it's better for Dinobots to remain as their usual selves and defeating a formidable Combiner through tactics and coordination besides brute strength.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, what could be cooler than a group of robot dinosaurs, becoming a even bigger robot dinosaur?

• Like Like x 1
  5. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It was a about damn time but they just it need more improvement in the design.

6. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t mind the idea, but I think their combiner form should be more beastial and animalistic like Devastator was in ROTF to help separate them from the legion of other bipedal combiners & represent them as Dinobots more.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

No, Dinobots are powerful enough on their own.

IMO, them not combining makes them even cooler.

Besides, they can thrash virtually anyone as a group ~except in Marvel continuity, but that has its own problems.

Honestly, I view Volcanicus as another way to nerf them. It's kinda bullshit for them to *need* to combine in the first place, it kind of defeats their whole purpose.

Stop nerfing the fucking Dinobots!

• Like Like x 4
  8. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When I was a kid in 1985, I somehow got the idea in my head that the Dinobots were supposed to combine. I was bummed when I eventually discovered that they couldn’t. So, the POTP Dinos (or at least the combining Dinobot concept) were a childhood dream come true for me. Sadly, the shit engineering of CW-style combiners made for a lackluster final product. I don’t need for EVERY Dinobot team to have a combining gimmick (since it generally isn’t canon for them), but I would like to have at least one set that can form a quality combined mode. I did make some upgrades for my Volcanicus, but I’m still not quite happy with him due to the CW instability. I would like to see them pull off a sturdy toy version of The Beast…ugly as that fucker is.

55884D9D-F297-4044-B3D5-84096E6340D0.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  9. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The kits do help a lot I found... I got the Perfect Effect PC-23 which is quite decent (and I see that it appears that you have a custom or variant of that?) , but I would not hesitate to recommend any such/other kit too, they all look great and adds a lot. At the time, this was the only kit I could find, but I see that most are available now. I had debated for a while with the kit or getting the OSKO, but no kit for that one (nor was it "improved with adding of similar kit like some KOs are) and I already had the POTP ones so didn't want to double on the same figures... but in time I cracked and got the GCreation ones so to have both larger versions with the G1 toy look, and it is the best looking Volcanicus.

DSC01958.JPG 35 B  - DSC04474.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  10. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a custom set of upgrades a few community members and I came up with not long after Volcanicus was released. I think we beat everybody else to market...haha. We just stuck the files on Thingiverse for people to download for free.

Heavy/Scratch: - 3D Printable Volcanicus Torso Upgrade

Heavy/Scratch: - POTP Volcanicus THIGHMASTER

Heavy/Scratch: - POTP Volcanicus Stego Armor

Heavy/Scratch: - 3D Printable Volcanicus Sword

Heavy/Scratch: - Volcanicus Upgrade Slash Pack

• Like Like x 3
  11. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Yet...

From the creators of Thunderking!

mmexport1669182172025.jpg

CangToys version of Volcanicus!

mmexport1668659346708.jpg

The combined mode to be revealed soon.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Vancelle

Vancelle #MarsBaseRubicon TFW2005 Supporter

Instagram:
    Nope, this is another one of those times when "just because you can, does not mean you should". Just like turning Optimus into a headmaster or combiner, it's just not good at all.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

I've never liked the idea. Non-combining teams were pretty rare in G1...just the Dinobots and Insecticons. Whereas combining teams were everywhere. The Dinobots (and Insecticons, for that matter) felt more special in the way that their main focus was on their beast modes rather than a combined mode.

Honestly I think the Predacons would have been better served as non-combiners as well. I feel like they were kind of wasted as a combiner, cool as their combined mode might be.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Optimus Convoy

Optimus Convoy Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nothing against combining robots but the traditional G1-derived Dinobots not combining makes them a bit more unique to me. Plus their designs don't really lend well to a gestalt. Now if it was a more reimagined, redesigned team in a show that had more combining and stuff that'd be cool.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

Gee, it's almost like we have physical evidence of this!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

I love combiners and I love the Dinobots so the idea that they can merge into the strongest combiner (as long as it's not the Beast) sounds really cool to me. In fact I was tempted multiple times to buy one of the existing combining sets but each one had its issues that ultimately stopped me from pulling the trigger. I'm looking forward to the Cang Toys set, although it's very stylized and may not appeal to people looking for G1 design.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Sixshot the six changer

Sixshot the six changer Sixshot for legacy united

I think the dinobots should combine, they are a unified team of weirdos and freak accidents so they all know each other feels further unifying that they are a team and when they do combine they are stronger together cause they have to stick together to survive.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

Maybe just being a fan of season 1 of the original show, I like the Dinobots the way they are without the ability to combine. Besides, I think combining is sometimes overrated, if you watch BOT, Bruticus really struggles and the Combaticons have to separate.

20. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

I would take it as a "best of both worlds" situation to have A mesozoic gestalt team, just not being the original 5, nor Slash. She needs to keep the "1st female Dinobot" title alone. (And no, any character that has 2 beast heads does NOT count as a "Dinobot" any more than the entirety of the BH Predacons do).

Otherwise, I'd be OK with folding in bayverse, or other names, and alt modes.
    Scorn, Scowl, Slog, Strife, Scald, Sear, Scorch, Slam, Snort, Smash, Stomp, Stab, Spike (maybe an AU Witwicky "Avatar-ed" himself into being a Dinobot *shrug*), Slit, Swipe, Stun, Smoke, Shear...

Story-wise, the combined mind would not necessarily be "the Beast" as a "kill everything" monster because (aside from fighting) each component mind could agree on one thing: Grimlock is the Alpha. He would command Volcanicus (Eruptor? GilgaMech? Magmavore?) like one might be in control of a golem.

OR, like BWN Magmatron, Grimstone / bayverse dinos could be re-done (renamed) changed to being a non-gestalt combiner. None of the dinos have individual bot modes and the name refers to the single bot mode they all are a part of.

• Like Like x 4