Do you like the Bayverse elements in Bee's design?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Transformers Database, Nov 10, 2018.

?

Bumblebee Design

1. Bayverse + G1

61 vote(s)
    85.9%
  2. Full G1

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  1. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    When you point a finger, three point back at you. And yeah, by all means just sidestep what I asked.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  2. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Well, if he has his G1 mode, that would be an Earth-based truck. With wheels and all.

I believe the Seekers turn into those triangular Cybertronian jets correct? I doubt those shapes are aerodynamic and capable of lift by Earth standards. Which would imply they have some form of anti-gravity capability that allows them to fly. Now if they can do that, why would a truck like Optimus still need wheels to roll along? (when it would be more efficient to levitate, for example)

And Soundwave sure looks like a tapedeck. I sincerely hope that glass chest is for another Cybertronian vehicle or something.

3. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I don't think I'd want Optimus to turn into an Earth truck on Cybertron - that would be silly. And I'm sure he would levitate if he could - or even fly or teleport. But he can't. He doesn't have those powers.
    In the original cartoon some of them hovered in vehicle mode on Cybertron - but for some reason still had wheels. Perhaps that was incase they did need to touch the surface. It's more puzzling why they had cockpits...
    When on Earth of course, I don't see why the original truck chest can't work (as he would of course turn into a truck by then).

4. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Whatever

News Credits:
    The mix between g1 and bayverse looks fine for me.
    Transformers Bumblebee Movie Trailer 00481.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    It's a tad odd to me that a species capable of interstellar travel wouldn't have a better means of motion than simply rolling on wheels though.

It's like those Chinese Kung Fu movies where the heroes can fly above treetops and houses when fighting each other, but still take the horse to get to the town centre.

And if Optimus was a Cybertronian truck on Cybertron, and an Earth truck on Earth, that would mean he has an ability to scan a new mode, yes?

• Like Like x 2
  6. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well, If I had my way, it would be the crashed Ark slowly rebuilding him. But, yes, as Bumblebee seems to do in this film I guess he'd have to do the instant magic scan that I'm not fond of...

7. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever Dude!

Finally!
    Transformers-Bumblebee-G1-9.jpg Transformers-Bumblebee-G1-54.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Hahaha, it returns to the same question where, if they had that magic scan ability, why don't they scan more different vehicles compared to what they originally were on Cybertron?

• Like Like x 1
  9. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Easy way out :) 

Meh, that Optimus and Starscream is as underwhelming as seeing Infernocus in TLK.

This still looks better to me. When he transformed in Mission City, that's impressive. latest.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Sorry fellas, that's not Optimus anymore to me. I appreciate the wheels not being designed like that of an earth vehicle, but I've been spoiled by 5 films.

Goodbye old friend..

[​IMG]

G1 fans can finally have a party. Guess Hasbro finally decided it was time to give back to them. Enjoy

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Your pic looks like Prime went through a shredder.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    What's more practical? Delicate, complicated, intricate hover technology to glide a few feet over the ground, or a simple rubber wheel attached to an axle that achieves the exact same effect?

Just because more advanced technology exists, doesn't mean it's better or more pragmatic. Wheels will never go out of style, even in alien space land.

13. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Must be a special shredder, considering it made him invincible for 5 movies. Ha!

Judging by the ease in which the Seekers' triangular Cybertronian aircraft fly, and with Transformers being an interstellar species, I would assume that such technology would be mundane and common for them.

Of course, there is no way of knowing how pragmatic wheels are (compared to hovering, for example) on an alien world with different gravitational forces, built environments and whatnot. It was just a hypothetical observation.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    So excited to finally see Transformers on the big screen. Thank You Travis!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

But that's exactly my point, I've seen countless people espouse what you've just come up with there ever since the Bay designs were first leaked in 2006. It is meaningless drivel dressed up as an 'argument'. Originally with the G1 series 'transforming' meant the titular characters changing from their vehicle forms to their robot ones, it wasn't a carte blanche excuse to just reinvent everything constantly; there has to be some grounding in how a character looks and behaves. And, for what it is worth, G1 and certain offshoots (Cybertron games, and 80s comics) are the only real transformers to me, and the following shows/continuities mean nothing to me and I don't care about being labeled a 'Geewunner' either for those preferences.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  16. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Spot on! Finally some sanity is being restored to Transformers..

• Like Like x 2
  17. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    And yours is conservative drivel dressed up as the righteousness.

I don't care what type of Transformers are real to you, or what continuities you enjoy. I can only speak for what I prefer, what I believe feels more realistic or what I find illogical. It's a free world so you do not have to agree with me, like how I do not agree with you.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  18. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Newsflash, Transformers was on the big screen since 2007. Just because you don't like a particular flavour of cake, doesn't mean it's not a cake.

But we can sometimes live in delusion or denial :) 

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who knew some of my fellow movie fans here would become the modern-day geewuners.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dinobot Snarl

News Credits:
    Delusion is a better place to be than accepting the Bay movies as Transformer films.

• Like Like x 1