Do you like Cyberverse?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TFFan01, Jun 25, 2019.

?

Do you like the new cartoon?

1. Yes.

57.7%
  2. No.

13.2%
  3. It's okay.

29.1%
  1. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's ok but to me it's the gateway to keep the young padawans start of transformers and into transformers. So anything to keep it going is a plus if you ask me. I'm glad the young padawans have something cause i really didn't know if there was transformers for the younglings.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ehh. It’s ok.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    It's okay, As far as season one, I can take it or leave it. It's enjoyable for what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

Only seen the first few episodes. It's not bad, but I've seen better. I don't think it's as solid as G1 seasons three and four, BW, BM and both RiD cartoons (2001 and 2015), but it certainly isn't the boring or frustrating experience that was TFA, TFP and the Prime Wars trilogy for me.

Yes, it's simple and basic, but sometimes, simplicity works better than promising a lot of things at the start only to end up with a disappointing finished product.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    Season 2 looks awesome

6. DanC

DanC Delightful person

News Credits:
    Didn't like Season 1, but if Season 2 has Sky Byte as a poetry-spouting emissary of Unicron, I'll forgive first season.

20190801_131917.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Princess Maker

Princess Maker Member

I think Windblade and Bumblebee's friendship is adorable :)  I literally cry when Grimlock discovers what happened to his friends/final message :( 

• Like Like x 2
  8. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

It's alright. It works as a decent introduction to the lore of TF, but doesn't create substantive characters or a compelling conflict for them. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy their takes on say, Shadowstriker and Slipstream, but they're not all that impactful beyond their superficial characteristics. Similarly, the battle sequences lack tension. The stakes never seem truly dire, nor are the Decepticons all that threatening, not in the least because they never truly utilize their assets to the fullest (I can't fathom why a Seeker would want to chase down an Autobot on foot when they've got guns bolted to their arms and can fly). Negatives aside, Cyberverse isn't bad for a kid's first entry into TF. Once the series concludes, I'd like to hear some testimonials from kids who became fans through the show, compare war stories, so to speak.

9. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

It's a fun little show. It's nothing outstanding, but it's quite enjoyable nonetheless. I like the Bumblebee and Windblade relationship, and I really like what they did with Grimlock. My favorite parts were the ones on Cybertron before the war. I can see why some people don't care for it, but I enjoyed the lighter take on Transformers. Watching things like Soundwave dancing or Bumblebee and Shockwave high fiving each other at the gladiator match brings a smile to my face.

For season two, I'm a little dubious about putting Cheetor in it, and I hope they don't continue Bumblebee voice gimmick for the entire stretch, but overall I'm optimistic.

10. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

I really like it so far; it’s easily my favorite show since Animated, but its still a bit too early for me to make a final judgement.

I think Prime and RID are good shows in their own right, but both wasted a lot of potential they had. Prime dropped a lot of interesting plot-lines; Smokescreen potentially becoming a Prime, MECH being an actual threat, Airachnid and her vampire insecticons on the moon, ect. RID never really did much with being a sequel series and it always felt like more exciting stories were happening off-screen.

Having Season 1 of Cyberverse build towards a clear goal helped it avoid the dropped potential problems that Prime and RID had, but now that goal has been reached I am a bit concerned that those old problems will crop up again.

11. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Its okay. But it has a lot of issues and needs longer runtimes. I like some parts of it.

12. Dmharper80

Dmharper80 Squeegee

I've barely started watching it, but one thing I like is how this is connected to prime. How though the style changes, there is an entire bsck story via different series going that build up to this.

13. DiamondTiara

DiamondTiara Class President TFW2005 Supporter

It's ok, though its a bit kiddy and I'd love to see more action in it. The decepticons, especially the seekers seem lazily cloned to me.

14. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hate it. the 12 minute episodes prevent good stories. the stories are flat and very childish (both in context and writing ability). I was watching it with my 5 year old nephew and he thought it was too silly and wanted to watch more Masterforce and Prime. He just likes watching Masterforce because I read all the subtitles in different voices for him

• Like Like x 1
  15. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    checked out a few episodes and I actually found it quite charming.

The animation is simplistic but workable; it's never ugly to look at & the character designs are pretty decent.

really impressed with the TF lore they're working with too; lots of recognizable characters and a bunch of interesting new ideas. the MacAdams episode might be the best so far.

That being said it definitely has flaws. Most of the voice acting is pretty weak. And the writing just feels kinda lifeless. I know it's meant to be a show for younger kids, but kids are almost never as dumb as studio executives think they are. Kids don't need to be handheld through every major story turn; sometimes actions can speak louder than ham-fisted dialogue.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

It’s s fun little show suffering from some major problems. It’s not horrible or perfect either.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer "Soundwave just sent out Randal"

I tried watching the first several episodes and really couldn't get into it. Probably my least favorite out of the shows I've seen.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    With the exception of a couple new characters, Cyberverse feels like a greatest hits album.

It gives us stuff like Maccadam’s, Velocitron, the Ark, neural patches, etc. The writers definitely know their stuff. But I don’t see them bringing anything new to the table. So while it’s ok, it feels by-the-numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Season 2 looks like its gonna start to set itself apart from the herd some more. Guardian Cheetor, Sky-Byte, Spark Armor.

20. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Hope so. I saw someone mention that Skybyte is going to be connected to Unicron somehow. I don’t know about that, but if true, that’s hilarious, because back when Dreamwave was doing their “World’s Collide” event, I mistook Thunderwing for Skybyte. And Thunderwing was a herald of Unicron in that story. I thought he was supposed to be a version of Skybyte without a beast mode. :p 

• Like Like x 1