Do you have more Combiner Wars or Unite Warriors figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cal, Jan 29, 2017.

?

Do you have more Combiner Wars or Unite Warriors figures?

1. More Combiner Wars figures

76 vote(s)
    75.2%
  2. More Unite Warriors figures

20 vote(s)
    19.8%
  3. Same number of figures

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only UW sets are Bruticus, Grand Galvatron, and Computron. Megatronia and Baldigus will join them soon.

All the rest are Combiner Wars (Superion, Menasor, Defensor, Grand Convoy, Sky Reign, Liokasier, Victorion, Predacus, Devastator, and soon Wreckage and the Reprolabels combiner). Also Magnaboss as a bonus using the club stickers.

2. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    I don't have any UW set because of the price... But I would love to have Lynxmaster (Ratchet and Wheeljack look amazing)

3. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I have a single solitary UW figure in Strafe which I got yesterday in a trade. The only other UW figure I'd like to have is Nosecone, but thats it. The rest is all CW.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Going by branding, it's CW.

UW doesn't have the Legends class figures like CW does and those make the numbers not even close as that's almost another 10 figures in CW's favor.

Just based on combiners themselves, it's closer, but still CW:

CW: Menasor (Breakneck/Wildrider instead of Off-road), Optimus Maximus (no Hot Rod); laughably I had no intentions of getting him, I got Prowl and Ironhide. Then a Hasbro clearance sale I got Battlecore to use as Nova Prime, then a clearance sale got Sunstreaker and Mirage. Then I realized I had all the "official" members of that group. Then Hound and Cyclonus.

UW: Computron and Mega Empress (Megatronia) (Well, in two days I'll have Megatronia)

5. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Combiner Wars was very poorly distributed here.

I beat some other collector by about 2 minutes to the last Fireflight. The TRU employees knew they had one in the system and were running around trying to find it for him when I walked up to the register. Months later, I found an Air Raid hidden behind some dusty WWF figures and that was it for the Aerialbots. Well, except for the pile of Silverbolts at the local KMart.

Then I had to go to this new (doomed - 80% Funko junk) toy store in the mall that filled the spot where Borders used to be to get First Aid. They had Blades but I didn't like his blue face. It was another 6 months before I found Streetwise in a WalMart on the way home from the disaster that was ZoloCon. Never ever saw Rook or HotSpot.

For the Stunticons, exactly one WalMart got them and they only got Breakdown and Dead End. I only bought Breakdown before they suddenly disappeared. Found MotorMaster at a WalMart on the other side of the state but didn't buy him either.

Combaticons? Don't make me laugh. I got Swindle and Vortex through BBTS. None of them ever hit a shelf here. Brawl did go on clearance at WalMart.com along with their "hur dur we can't distribute" Marvel Legends giveway last November though. Oh, and I caved and bought Onslaught with Scattershot at BBTS. Sure, I could've cried and cried about how expensive MSRP was or how evil imaginary scalpers were but that worked out better.

I picked up Ironhide through HTS. Found Hound at one WalMart. Passed up the unpainted Wheeljack twice at the same WalMart. That was it for the two Autobot waves.

Forget about the box sets.

That puts me at...11...for Combiner Wars? Oh, wait, "May Madness" Groove in December makes 12. Heckuva job Hasbrownie.

Meanwhile, I spent about 20 minutes total preordering Superion, Menasor, Bruticus, Computron, and LynxMaster through BBTS so that's 25 for Unite Warriors.

I would've liked to have bought more Combiner Wars but Hasbro and its retail partners chose not to sell them to me. In fact, I couldn't even order the damned things through my resale account. Oh, they were listed but the listings were lies. Except those G2 Menasors that I ended up stuck with because I realized too late how poor TF collectors are. I made out better destroying them for a tax break than if I'd tried to sell them. That's really sad.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  6. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I actually ( SADLY :(  ) had to sell my UW DEFENSOR ( along with my CW COMPY , CW DEVY , CW MENASOR , BW 2 boxed stuff ) to day .... I intend to buy UW MENASOR , UW DEVY once I land back on my feet . I do how ever need to locate a CW BLASTOFF ( jet ) if any one can help me out ? All so a CW HOTSPOT ? It`s been a truly tragic day ....

7. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    48 CW to 21 UW right now, only counting characters with official or obvious (Bombshell) combined modes. No Leader class or Legends figures like Magnus or Warpath.

CW is G1 style Defensor, G1 style Superion, Menasor w/Blackjack, Optimus Maximus w/Rodimus, Victorion, Thunder Mayhem, and a Galvatronus composed of Cyclonus, Alpha Bravo, Off-Road, Blast-Off, and Smokescreen, plus Sky Lynx, Powercore Prime, Impactor, Bluestreak, Rook, Powerglide, Viper, Bombshell, Legends Groove and Wreck-Gar. Hopefully I'll have Toxitron, Counterpunch and Fractyl coming from the Club soon to finish Wreckage as well.

UW is just Devastator, Bruticus, Computron and Lynxmaster for now. Megatronia is a eventual must have.

Thank you for making me realize how much I've spent on just this sub-line. I'm going to curl up in the corner and gently weep now. ;) 

8. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I want more cosmic MCU

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have CW Menasor. CW Superion. CW Devastator. CW Defensor (replaced by Maketoys Guardia in my display, but I still have the CW team). CW Victorion. The rest of my combiners (Computron and Predaking) are 3rd party representations (Maketoys and MMC, respectively).

I don't own any UW combiners.

9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I know. I cant justify him for my collectionsince the individual guys are voyagers but i cant get him out of my head. Hoping for a HQ downsized ko sometime but if i can get him cheap somewhere i'll probably bite.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Field94

Field94 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Combiner Wars, with the sole exception being Computron. So Menasor, Bruticus, Defensor, G2 Superion, Groove and then UW Computron. Looking to get UW Superion when the money is right, though at this rate Liokaiser will be purchased at reasonable discount before then.

11. Latooni

Latooni Terrorsaur enjoyer

Haven't really taken the time to count before now, but it's definitely Unite Warriors. I own every set barring Megatronia and Baldigus at this time, not counting Convoy Grand Prime, and my presently en-route Grand Galvatron set.

Most of my CW purchases were the extra dudes like Alpha Bravo and Blackjack, two G2 sets, an entire CW version of Bruticus, the Computron boxset, a junker Blades to mix with my very poor QC UW-03 version, and two aerialbots.

I got into UW because I joined the CW collecting game a little too late. I bought CW Firefly and Air Raid, but both had unfortunate QC issues. Given how these things were 48~ bloody dollars online(my country's dollar sucks and I've little in the way of good online or offline shopping options), I figured I'd try my luck and ordered UW-01.

Initially I just did so for the convenience of getting five robots at once for a price that'd be cheaper than seeking them out individually(at the time), but with new molds being exclusive to the line, I was sucked in. The fancy boxes and the cute instruction manual drawings kept me wanting more, in addition to a number of deco choices that I preferred.(Of course, there are plenty of CW decoes I prefer as well, like Blades, Trailbreaker, Breakdown, etc.)

Really hoping we can have Abominus at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky I want more cosmic MCU

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Devastator is a little too big, I still like him though. I'm thinking of getting the Maketoys Devy to replace the Hasbro version in my display. I just need to find a good enough deal on the MT set. Though it will be bittersweet to replace titan Devy for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Combiner Wars for me

I've got Grand Galvatron, Computron and have Megatronia and Ruination to eventually come. Everything else are Combiner Wars.

14. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only UW figures I have are Devestator and the Defensor set. All others are CW.

15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Like i said in another thread: Green Giant is a glorious chug Devastator, but Takara's Constructicons have yet to be topped for their likeness.
    Its a shame we have to buy both sets if we want to have our cake and eat it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Hasbro be winnin' on my shelvezzzzzzz...

Hasbro:
    - Silverbolt, Slingshot, Air Raid, Sky Dive, Alpha Bravo, Fireflight, Powerglide.
    - Hot Spot, Deluxe Groove, Rook, Streetwise, Blades, First Aid (Legend Groove since retired, silver forearms donated to Rust Dust).
    - Pyra Magna, Stormclash, Dust Up, Skyburst, Jumpstream, Rust Dust.
    - Boxset Scattershot, Afterburner, Nosecone, Strafe, Lightspeed, Scrounge, Cybaxx.
    - Motormaster, Offroad, Dragstrip, Dead End, Breakdown, Wildrider, Blackjack.
    - Sky Lynx, Mirage, Prowl, Hound.
    - Shockwave, Bombshell, Windcharger, Buzzsaw.
    - Ultra Magnus, Thundercracker.

Takara:
    - Scrapper, Long Haul, Hook, Scavenger, Bonecrusher, Mixmaster.
    - Onslaught, Blast Off, Swindle, Vortex, Brawl.
    - Scattershot, Nosecone, Strafe, Afterburner, Lightspeed.

17. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In hindsight, I think this poll might be a little biased, because Hasbro has Leader- and Legends-class figures that are part of Combiner wars, but not Unite Warriors. I was only referring to actual combiners.

For my part, I only own CW Defensor. But Superion, Menasor, Devastator, Bruticus and Computron are all from Unite Warriors. I think that Takara's box sets have a lot of collector's value in the long run.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I have more of Hasbro's, mostly because they released more sets. I double dipped on Defensor and Bruticus.

19. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    I'm all Combiner Wars. I'd like UW Superion and Computron, money permitting, but that's not gonna happen soon.

[​IMG]

Doubled up with Superion and Defensor.

[​IMG]

I only got one Deluxe Groove because I love Rook and the Legends Groove is decent.
    [​IMG]

Also doubled up with Bruticus.
    [​IMG]

Wish I could have gotten a second CW Devastator or a UW Devastator, but brain surgery kinda got in the way of that.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poor Betatron has been rendered rudundant (see above), and I can't find Sky Lynx anywhere.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Menasor is my least favorite, and is mainly a placeholder for a better (official) toy.
    [​IMG]

I don't own any Unite Warriors because they were sold out when I had the money to order them or they were too expensive at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I usually buy Hasbro because it's cheaper but I occasionally buy a few Takara figures.

I picked up UW Prowl mainly because Prowl is one of my favorite characters. My Computron is an amalgamation. I have UW Scattershot, Strafe, and HFG's, and the rest is Hasbro. All the rest of my combiners are CW.