Do You Have A Problem w/Non-Traditional Headmasters Characters In The TR Line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Do You Have A proBlem w/The Non-Traditional Titans Return Headmasters?

1. Yes--Stick To The Script HasTak!

73 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. Of Course Not--More Options = More Playability

224 vote(s)
    75.4%
  1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, but that would be true in just about any subline except for a BW themed one perhaps.

I really dont care how few times a writer felt like giving a character screentime so people could rate them high or low according to the fiction pop poll.
    The Horrorcons had great concept art but very flawed toys, they are among the Headmaster characters most in need of a good update.

:lol  good point. If the people at Has/Tak want to produce a toy they'll produce that toy, no matter what we consider our most realistic theories.

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

No because as much as Scourge and Blurr are head masters now, Skullcrusher and Hardhead are just as much targemasters now.

3. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    I just think it's somewhat weird that Ginrai's no longer a power master, etc. Not really complaining but I think they should've stuck to the script. Oh well, the figures are still cool.

4. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

The more I stare at titan master Apeface the more I feel the actual headmasters should get a remake before others. Now don't get me wrong the Alpha Trion and powermaster Prime and Galvatein look great. I just feel Apeface deserves better then this.

5. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Yes and no. I have no problem with figures who were not Headmasters before getting the headmaster treatment now. TR Blurr is one of the best figures I have ever picked up and the fact he is a TM does not bother me in the least.

Now, I will admit, I am more bothered (just a little) by some characters only getting a Titanmaster pack release and not a full bodied release. But that being said, some of the little extra TM vehicles do make up for that in a way with some fun extra playability.

6. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I don't really care per say but it sucks that not all the original headmasters will get proper upgraded bodies but other characters are. I keep bring it up but its just baffling why Galvatron of all people, ASTROTRAIN of all people are getting full bodies with triple changing where we have TWO headmaster characters that already DO THAT and we can remolded into each other. But anyways, some of the designs are cool.

7. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't mind either - some of the more egregious issues will be fixed by some 3rd party. The most important thing is getting the character/toy out there (particularly looking forward to the wave with Hot Rod, Doublecross, Triggerhappy and Getaway).

8. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    For those who are concerned with some of the traditional Headmasters only getting the small titanmasters packs, I would not fear.

I'm 100% positive that third party companies and/or Takara will answer the call and release proper bodies for the titanmasters. They'd be crazy not to because there'd be a huge market for it.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    To me, that's the most important part. If we went 5 years and two lines with everyone getting redone and not a single Sparkabot getting touched, I question the logic.

10. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    There are definitely characters that TR Alpha Trion could easily be repainted/remolded into. Lio Prime and Thundertron to name a couple.

11. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do I mind having Headmaster versions of traditionally non-Headmaster characters?
    No.

Do I wish we were getting more toys of traditional Headmasters?
    Absolutely.

As a Masterforce fan, how do I feel about all the Headmaster Jrs getting only heads? (and no Cab or Minerva at all yet)
    Really disappointed.

Overall, am I happy with Titans Return?
    Yeah.

12. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Better said than I ever could.

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Eh, I guess? Lion-Battleship has simply never existed before though (much less as a Headmaster). There's no "proper" release version, just a spattering of vaguely justified half-homages of questionable desire. And since you can do THAT with practically any mold, you might as well include more of the original Headmasters.

(Mmmm, Apeface-->Primal and Snapdragon-->BW Megs. Yesss please!)

14. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I think the poll was too specific and did nopt have enough options.

For me, I am NOT happy with the Targetmasters, Powermasters, and non-headmaster figures like Galvatron being silly Titanmasters. These are MEANT to be targetmasters etc, and it seems lazy and sloppy for Hasbro to not find ways to (even use the existing bot to block) utilise the modes to make targetmasters, etc to also play with the bases, etc. The fact that they used tiny little vehicles to represent the alt modes of some of the Headmasters seems like a slap in the face/middle finger salute to the fans. In this way, they have replaced or removed a key feature of the original toys.

Either make them, or don't. It's as easy as that. Would McDonalds release a range of hamburgers without meat or make salads that were 99% meat? No. because it's silly.

However, NEW characters I have no problem with. Takara's new "Convo-bat", which is a homage to the original/alt universe Op Primal is great and shows that it CAN be done.

Hasbro should have recoloured the crap out of the original "proper" headmaster molds used for this line, and/or brought new molds in to make new characters. Personally, i would have loved some generic, basic coloured bodies (black, white, primary colurs, etc) with an assortment of generic/unknown/new character names for the headmaster/weapon packs, in order to make brand new characters ourselves. We could make TF: Prime vehicons (purple cars and heads), black versions, white jets, red tanks, you name it. It would allow kids and adults to repaint, mod and/ or just combine any head and body to make new toys (without older fans suspending belief of having Galvatron with Op Prime's head, for example).\

I think the whole line was executed poorly, leaving fans to mod the crap out of them, not in order to make new stuff, but to fix the mistakes made with some/many of the figures.

15. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

I to think the poll questions are a little too narrow. I'm all for having new molds of certain figures, but I don't support line wide gimmicks, as it means you either have to exclude figures that don't work with that gimmick, or shoehorn them in. I also don't support having previously non combiner or non Headmaster characters in a line devoted to them if that means that a classic combiner/Headmaster gets the short end of the stick. Like with Sky Lynx. He did not fit in Combiner Wars at all, and could have been a simple repaint character, but no, he had to have a new mold, and Onslaught, or maybe Scattershot, got shafted. I'm really hoping that Apeface is going to get a Voyager figure, as just the Titanmaster is a slap in the face to fans. I also think that the molds of non Headmaster characters should have the option of leaving the head attached. It is someone irksome that Hasbro has a line devoted to a particular series of G1 Transformers, and then shoehorns in characters that don't belong instead of ones that do.

16. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

I don't know if you knew about this but hen it comes to Goshooter being reduced to a Master Warrior might be connected to his Generations 2014 vol. 2 figure. This version of him is post-Zone, and has him become a full-blown non-Headmaster type. And it also has Go Shuta becoming a Godmaster Jr. with alt-modes being both a helicopter and a gun.

Which no has me wondering if Cab will be a Master Warrior and if Minerva will ever make an appearance since she was the only one that retained her original body in Victory.

17. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    This thread proves it once again. The nay-sayers are just screaming the loudest and more often, but most people just love it. We should do polls more often. Saves us the annoying discussions.

18. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm not bothered. By the time headmasters xame round first time I'd 'grown out' of transformers, so this is my first taste.
    I think there's that many examples of people modding galvatron that we've gotten the idea that people don't like the gimmick. Truth is, the mask thing makes a good figure worse and is an easy fix.

19. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do, because we're getting them in place of actual headmasters who need updates. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if they were giving the headmaster treatment to characters with a precedent for it, like Sunstreaker and Arcee, but they aren't even giving us that.

It honestly feels like they're trying to squeeze someone's Generations wishlist into the line by forcing in the gimmick, and I'd rather they spent a year getting the actual updates out of the way instead of using half the slots to fuck up perfectly good redesigns like TR Galvatron.

20. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's dumb. Fuck discussing things on a discussion board.