Do You Have A Problem w/Non-Traditional Headmasters Characters In The TR Line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TyrantGalvatron, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Do You Have A proBlem w/The Non-Traditional Titans Return Headmasters?

1. Yes--Stick To The Script HasTak!

73 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. Of Course Not--More Options = More Playability

224 vote(s)
    75.4%
  1. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    Both are great points.

I was a kid in he 80's. I never had a problem with popping the heads off the Headmasters figures in order to get them into vehicle mode. It's a aspect of play that's nearly as old as the franchise itself. The idea even had its own comic book back then. Plus, I've always thought it was a very cool idea to have a miniature pilot for the vehicle and beast modes.

2. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

My son and I are loving all of these new headmaster characters. The headmasters is our favorite G1 line, and Titans Return has restored our passion for collecting Transformers.

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That's...not REALLY being a Targetmaster. That said, it's what I've had to do with Nightbeat. Once a Headmaster, now a Targetmaster (Generations toy wielding TR Nightbeat in weapon mode).

4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Thats a mold issue rather than a concept issue.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The reason it's a "mold issue" in the first place is because the head transforms.

Head transforms → it needs to be a block shape

needs to be a block shape → Galvatron can't have his signature crown unless it comes from somewhere else

It's a direct consequence of them forcing this gimmick on every toy.

6. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really.

I've always been luke warm on headmasters (target masters make a lot more sense), but I don't need to fuss over it as long as the heads look ok.

As above w/ the Galvatron thing- some do not.

7. Naztok

Naztok will work for gold chrome

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As long as we eventually get updates of the all the original headmaster characters, like voyager Horrorcons and Deluxe juniors, it doesn't matter to me who else they pad out the waves with.

8. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

Same here. :thumb 

I pretty much dropped my plans to collect the entire Transformers Legends line after having my beliefs mocked by a "G1 fan". But the fact that the Headmasters in this line are direct sequels to both The Headmasters (1987) and Super-God Masterforce (1988) has me continue with this!

Plus, it has also helped me resolve a large lot of collecting-based issues as well as anticipate what comes next. But my only wish for the line was that they used the Titan Masters-turned-Targetmasters concept for those who only come with a Master Warrior.

9. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Why? Then you'd only be selling to those who buy any and everything. New characters with no new media wouldn't equate to sales, most people are loving these because they are old characters. If you made new ones they'd be nobodies with a gimmick not many would even care about.

Victorion was a fan voted figure, they got to basically make her themselves, but even then there are plenty who don't even care she exists. If she was released in a wave of Deluxes and Voyagers...she'd likely have warmed the aisle. You make a bunch of new characters just because a handful don't like old characters having a new gimmick and you'd have peg warmers. Classics as a whole has never been all about new characters, there are exceptions (like Victorion, but it was part of a fan interaction vote and the lines gimmick), but not a norm.

If they made a new Headmaster character or two they may sell, but a whole line of new nobodies in Classics...no, they'd never sell through. I love the fact we're getting all these characters now, and I couldn't care less if I have to remove a part to transform a toy, Transformers started life as parts formers... I don't care if they still are. If the line were full of new characters, I'd be saving a ton of dough not buying them.

10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Thats true no matter how great the toy and the characters backstory is. Look at Prime Thundertron: some like myself love him, but to most people he's just meh.
    Offcourse it would have helped if Hasbro had actually promoted the brand new design and character they funded in the first place :lol 

11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Thats my stance. If your gonna do a Headmaster toyline, fill it with appropriate sized toys of all characters that where originally headmasters in the first place.

12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Problem with that is fitting guys like Fangry and Grotusque into a mold they can easily reuse.

13. toynut

toynut Well-Known Member

I've found a few things I don't like about some individual figures. Scourge's head, if the small arms had elbows he could look like he had afro puffs or princess leia. I hate the mask on galvatron. Overall im happy with what has been released and what is yet to come.

14. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am really having fun with the Leader class Blaster.I got mine from HTS have not found him in stores yet.The headmaster thing doesn't bug me.As for the pop up mask on Galvatron I do agree that Hasbro could have made a crown or helmet the slid down over Galvy's head.

15. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Yeah this was pretty much their wheelhouse. Still, they are like D-listers...

16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I hated seeing non combiner characters being done during CW. They all looked like autobots wearing stunticon clothes. The combined pegs were also obvious in robot mode.

For TR I feel the opposite. The gimmick doesn't really matter if you keep the figures in vehicle or robot mode. They blend in nicely. Blurr is a great example. Galvatron mask sucks but I still feel like his toy is great.

17. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Meanwhile, lion-battleship Alpha Trion. :lol 

18. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

So when the titan masters combine with a different body, is it kinda like a meshing of personalities, or lack there of, between the body and the head? And you either get dissonance between the two, resulting in a whacked out transformer, or a synergistic meshing and the making of a really cool robot dude(s)?

19. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Some are more about what compromises they can make for mold reuse without winding up with a pegwarmer. Personally, I don't care if Fangry is a wolf/bat hybrid. Fastest way to get a Fangry is to either get both versions of Mindwipe and slap Fangry's TM on that body, which is a fan mod of sorts. Fastest way hasbro could pull it off is with a repaint of Weirdwolf. Sure, we lose the bat wings, but were they really essential in the first place? On the original toy it looked more like Dr. Strange's collar anyway. Grotusque would be harder, but not impossible. When it comes down to it, what figs would the fandom blow up over, and what figs would be so redundant as to us being the only people buying them?

20. grindcore138

grindcore138 TIME TO DELIVER A PIZZA BALL!

News Credits:
    I suppose one way would be to use the Monsterbots and Decepticon Headmasters as redecos/retools of each other? Grotusque into Fangry and Squeezeplay into Repugnus or something like that.